Ras-I Dowling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OriginalPudge. Show OriginalPudge's posts

Ras-I Dowling

Any word on this guy?  Will he be back this weekend?  I think we could really use him against Pitts recievers.  Also are there any updates on Mayo?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Ras-I Dowling

He looked good early, he didn't look out of place at all.  Big, physical corner as he was billed to be.  I hope he's not a career tease because the injury thing is maddening. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

To be honest with you, I have little faith in rookie corners. McCourty was a rare exception. I hope he's healthy, but I'm not entirely convinced he'll be very helpful this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling:
    [QUOTE]To be honest with you, I have little faith in rookie corners. McCourty was a rare exception. I hope he's healthy, but I'm not entirely convinced he'll be very helpful this year.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Hey bud you still overseas?

saw a report the other day, Dowling before the injury took over starting role over Bodden on the right side.  This guy if he's healthy can match up with those big WRs specially Plax.  He had a 1st rnd grade and if he would had been healthy he would had been a top 20 pick.  Before his senior season he had only missed 1 game in 3 seasons in college.  I'm hopping he's fully recovered and is 100% the rest of the season.  I think he outplayed DM in man coverage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Ras-I comes with a caution of yearly, prolonged injury...he has never played a season  when he hasn't been badly injured and missed many games. What is likely to change now, especially given a much longer season and much tougher and skilled opponents? I'd say not much. BB knew he was getting someone who was extremely talented and when healthy, had the size, strength and speed to handle most, if not every, good receiver he'd face at the corner position....but he also knew of his injury background. BB took a chance that the healthy Ras-I would be here a majority of the time....so far, he's not winning that gamble. But...there's a long way still to go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling : Hey bud you still overseas? saw a report the other day, Dowling before the injury took over starting role over Bodden on the right side.  This guy if he's healthy can match up with those big WRs specially Plax.  He had a 1st rnd grade and if he would had been healthy he would had been a top 20 pick.  Before his senior season he had only missed 1 game in 3 seasons in college.  I'm hopping he's fully recovered and is 100% the rest of the season.  I think he outplayed DM in man coverage.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

I'm back in Germany now, got back a couple months ago. I don't doubt his talent, but these guys have to master zone coverage schemes. Most guys struggle with that early. One mistake in picking up coverage and a guy is running free into the end zone. Add in his limited time in the preseason, and I think it's unrealistic to think he'll come in here and be great right away. Yeah he looked pretty good in the 2 games or whatever he played but, two games isn't enough to judge anything. He didn't take the starting job from Bodden, they just put Bodden as the nickel corner in the slot when they had 3 CBs in. But being in the slot doesn't make him the third best CB any more than it makes Welker the third best WR when Ocho comes in for a 3 WR set and Welker gets in the slot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

LB Fletcher lone absence at practice

October, 26, 2011
    Oct 26
    1:48
    PM ET
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Linebacker Dane Fletcher was the lone absence from Patriots practice on Wednesday, the second straight day he has been the only player out of action.

Fletcher did not participate in the Patriots' two practices of their bye week, but has been active for every game so far this season, despite being listed on the injury report with a thumb injury suffered in the preseason. He played just one defensive snap in the team's last game, against the Cowboys.

Players were in full pads for Wednesday's session. The team will release its first injury report of the week at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]LB Fletcher lone absence at practice October, 26, 2011 Oct 26 1:48 PM ET Email Print Comments 4 By Mike Rodak FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Linebacker Dane Fletcher was the lone absence from Patriots practice on Wednesday, the second straight day he has been the only player out of action. Fletcher did not participate in the Patriots' two practices of their bye week, but has been active for every game so far this season, despite being listed on the injury report with a thumb injury suffered in the preseason. He played just one defensive snap in the team's last game, against the Cowboys. Players were in full pads for Wednesday's session. The team will release its first injury report of the week at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

This is good news

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Limited participation: S Josh Barrett (thumb), CB Leigh Bodden (thumb), CB Ras-I Dowling (hip), RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis (toe), DL Albert Haynesworth (back), LB Jerod Mayo (knee), OT Sebastian Vollmer (back)

Even Mayo practicing.. I hope they ease him back though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Dowling is glass...meet the Patriots version of Bob Sanders.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Dowling is glass...meet the Patriots version of Bob Sanders.....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Is premature your middle name?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Hip heals slow...  hope he is on the field this weekend !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling : Is premature your middle name?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

agreed.
    and above comments it doesnt matter where he was picked. that doesnt determine how good a player is. he played and shut down for the most part the better receivers when they were going against him. the opposing teams stopped going against him with their better receivers, which is all the compliment in the world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling : Is premature your middle name?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps a medical condition?

Give the kid a chance, for Pete's sake. He may be "glass" or he may become a reliable 1st string DB for the Pats. We won't know for a season or two.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]One thing I noticed is they held him out of the 2 practices last week, with Vollmer, Light, Brady, etc, but probably as extra precautionary reasons. We'll find out today if he practiced or not. I agree, though.  His presence is huge from a matchup standpoint because he's shown to be really good in man coverage. And he's big, can tackle and will hit you. His presence just gives BB one more match up advantage.  I cannot wait to see he and Bodden close to 100%, because it will be the first time our front end is close to full health with the players in the secondary.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

They'll need Ras-I when they play the Jets in a few weeks...to shut down Plaxico Burress in the redzone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling :      They'll need Ras-I when they play the Jets in a few weeks...to shut down Plaxico Burress in the redzone.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

When they played 3 weeks ago Dowling didn't play, Plaxico was shut down in and out of the red zone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Not at practice today.  :-(

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think if Ras is not were he needs to be in 3 weeks, BB places him on IR to open up a roster spot.  I think we can get by without him with the schedule we starting with the jets. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I sure hope he works out, but I was skeptical of drafting someone with such an injury history.  To me, there is a BIG difference between drafting someone coming off a one-time injury/illness (Gronk, Cannon) and someone who could be called injury prone.  Anyone out there know if any "injury prone" player that we drafted ever stayed healthy in the NFL?  For example, a player that missed a lot of games in HS and college but stayed relatively healthy in the NFL?  I'm not talking about a guy that had one major injury, but players who suffered multiple injuries before arriving.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

This guy needs to get in shape he's played what two games if that and he's out. He was out earlier during preseason too. I guess he can't take a hit without getting injured. It's too bad bc he looked like he had some promise for our secondary.

Sections
Shortcuts