Ras-I Dowling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Ras-I Dowling

In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling:
    In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling : Is premature your middle name?
    Posted by Getzo

It's his first name. His middle one is Jack and his last one is Ulation

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

hope i'm wrong but he's probably always going to have injury issues. that was a big concern when they drafted him and he hasn't shown to be durable so far .. his injury history goes back to high school. talented guy though and if healthy would really help this secondary. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

What's worse is they spent the 33rd pick on this guy.  First pick of the second round, everyone talked about how valuable it was and the trade value it had and then they go and take a chance on an injury prone guy that has been hurt since High School.  Real bummer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

it may be too early to decide about theinjury concerns. most of his injuries have been minor prior to the nfl. however in my dradft review the one thing i said about possibly drafting him for he patriots was as long as bb ansd the staff check out his injury history and decide if thi will be an ongoing pattern or not. people do get injuies in the nfl. lets just wait and sea. hern had a hip for several weeks last year as well. nwith such a vague description, theres no telling wht teh injury actually is with ras, so lets nto evaluate what we dont know.

peace

(bredbru/brdbreu)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Problems in regards to injury history. Played just five games in 2010 because of a left ankle fracture, hamstring pull and right knee injury. In ’08 he dealt with a hamstring and back injury. Started all 12 games in ’09. Pulled a hamstring at the combine but had a great pro day. Had a broken hand and a knee injury in high school.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/04/analysis_of_2nd_1.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Ras-I Is a great talent with tons of upside that sits on the bench cause he's always injured...GLASS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I get the excitement around Dowling, but mine's tempered quite a bit because of his lack of playing time due to injury. I hate to look in the rearview mirror on draft stuff (i do it time to time), but with the 33 pick, I would have hoped for a "no-brainer" vs. an injury prone CB that has potentially a ton of upside. This is not where I want to take a risk, but rather take a player with a higher probability of staying healthy, succeeding and contributing.

If BB knew at draft time he was going to run more 4+ man lines, AND he didn't have Haynesworth, Ellis, Carter, Anderson, GWarren penciled in, why not burn the 33rd pick on a DT or DE? Here's who was available between 33 (Dowling) and 57 (Vereen)....

Jabaal Sheard (Cleveland) 21 tackles, 3 sacks
    Jarvis Jenkins (Washington), IR'D
    Brooks Reed (Houston), 16 tackles, 1 sack
    Da'Quan Bowers (Tampa), 6 tackles
    Marvin Austin (Giants), IR'D
    Stephen Paea (Chicago), 2 tackles, 1 sack

The only one above that might have been worth the pick (in retrospect)was Sheard based on production. I know a lot of us liked him going into the draft.
    So, how does Sheard compare to Anderson, Ellis or Carter?
    Carter 23 tackles, 3 sacks
    Anderson 8 tackles, 4 sacks
    Elllis 7 tackles

And for the most part, Anderson and Ellis don't get as much playing time as Sheard.

So, It appears again that BB is the genius. More production out of Carter, Anderson and Ellis than Sheard, plus gaining a potentially very good CB if he can stay healthy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Bodden released.  Does that mean Dowling is healthy?  I hope to hell so.  Wonder what was behind the release.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Bodden released.  Does that mean Dowling is healthy?  I hope to hell so.  Wonder what was behind the release.
    Posted by BelichickforPresident

Bodden getting release or not doesn't change the fact that Ras-I is Glass. 

The biggest concern against Sebastion Vollmer and Ras-I Dowling was that they were frequently injured in college. Don't expect these two to have any long or productive careers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This is played out a bit isn't it. He missed like 6 games in college in 3 years. How many players have had an injury if you go back to high school. Probably 90%. Let's release Gronk too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Agreed shenanigan, in college Dowling played in 12 games his freshman year, started 9 of 11 games in his sophomore year, played in 12 games his junior year and was injured in his senior season. He had 60 tackles his senior year in high school so I don't think he missed much time there either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

22 and falling apart......sad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

at this point, it looks like the fifth round gamble on cannon is going to work out better than the second round dowling gamble

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'll be waiting for those appologies from those of you that gave me so much crap when I called the guy the patriots version of Bob Sanders, in other words GLASS!!!!!

RasI to IR after 2 games played.....GET USE TO IT PEOPLE....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Ras-I is Glass guy!

On IR and still collecting all that cash too...what a business!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

At least BB is stashing a rookie and saving a roster spot.  Most rook cornerbacks need half a season to even make nickelback.

Bring back 305 lb Brandon Deaderick to our depleted D-line, to face Pittsburgh's running attack.

I'm willing to consider Edelman as an emergency DB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

glass is so ridiculously premature.  a torn tendon playing football does not mean youre made of glass. did you play football dmc?
    the way you talk it doesnt sound like it. did you play any sport that required physical exertion?  you talk like you never played serious athletics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

GLASS!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

GLASS!!!!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

your opinion. :)
    mine is you are a glass!!! bdc poster. :)

still think you're evaluation is premature.
    and tendons are tendons.

enjoy.
    :)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Ras-I Dowling:
    Any word on this guy?  Will he be back this weekend?  I think we could really use him against Pitts recievers.  Also are there any updates on Mayo?
    Posted by OriginalPudge

Any word on Dowling? Yes...I've done some checking...and I've discovered that his name was originally "Ras Dowling". The "I" was added on during his senior year at Virginia. It's short for "injury".  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ouch!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Oh for crying out loud - Glass???

The kinds of injuries discussed above that the kid had in college are not at all unusual nor do they indicate a tendency to be injured. 

Sections
Shortcuts