Ras-I Dowling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Ras-I Dowling

Obviously, Ras-I was a non-factor because of the hip injury. Ras-I is the wild card in that secondary because while he may be doing well in his rehab from the hip injury, we won't really know until we see him in action. Whether it be training camp, pre-season, or regular seaon, we are not going to know until then. Dowling's impact in that secondary is going to have some say on how things work out. Reports can say that Dowling's rehab is going well, but you got to see it to believe it and that is on the football field. I'm taking the wait-and-see approach because I don't want to jump the gun and assume that Ras-I is fully recovered and he'll make an impact right away. There are times where players come back from rehab and do well and then there are times players come back from rehab and not do well. One way or another, Ras-I Dowling is going to make a difference in the secondary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Ras-I Dowling

I tend to look at injury-prone guys as glass-half-empty. Whatever you get from the guy -- however long he lasts -- should be considered a bonus. I expect absolutely nothing from this guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

the bad news is its a hip injury. Even if he recovers, he may never be the same...

Remember Rosie Colvin?  We got to see him in our system for one game vs the Eagles and he looked like a prize free agent. Once he came back, he was good but never like he had been before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Injury prone guys get that reputation for a reason. Played in 5 games in 2010 and none in 2011. I put the over/under for 2012 at four games. Why does BB keep drafting these guys?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In Response to Re: Ras-I Dowling:
    the bad news is its a hip injury. Even if he recovers, he may never be the same... Remember Rosie Colvin?  We got to see him in our system for one game vs the Eagles and he looked like a prize free agent. Once he came back, he was good but never like he had been before.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Actually Rosie did well when he came back from his hip injury. Remember, his hip injury was a lot worser than Dowling's injury. When he was a backup in 2004, he had 5 sacks on the season and in 2005 & 2006 (as the full-time starter) he led the team in sacks (7.0 in 2005 & 8.5 in 2006). Rosevelt was a solid contributor on the defense in his time with the Pats when he recovered from a shattered socket in his left hip which could have ended his career. So he did well once he recovered from his hip injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I agree on the wait-and-see approach. I would love to see him come out and win a starting job outright. If McCourty fixes his mental problems, we could potential have Arrington as the third CB. There is the potential for the DBs to be a strength on this team.

That said, the keyword is potential. There is also a chance we end up where we have been for several years now. Picking guys off the scrap heap and moving offensive/special teamers to fill holes back there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree he did well, but he never got the double digit sack totals he had in chicago and he was poor in setting the edge due to not being able to put too much pressure on the hip. Make no mistake, I think he recovered nicely, but he was never the player he was.

Did you ever watch him play in Chicago?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Jay I think it's a bit much to compare Dowling to Colvin.  Colvin literally shattered his hip socket.  Dowling had a hip injury, but I thought he went on IR because of a tendon tear in his leg.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

I agree he did well, but he never got the double digit sack totals he had in chicago and he was poor in setting the edge due to not being able to put too much pressure on the hip. Make no mistake, I think he recovered nicely, but he was never the player he was. Did you ever watch him play in Chicago?
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I have tried to find highlights of Rosie when he was playing for the Bears from 1999 to 2002, I can't find any highlights of him. Yeah, he had double-digit sack his final two years (2001 & 2002) with the Bears, I just don't remember how he did it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I tend to look at injury-prone guys as glass-half-empty. Whatever you get from the guy -- however long he lasts -- should be considered a bonus. I expect absolutely nothing from this guy.
    Posted by p-mike

Ah man, lol- prairie cr#cks me up with his bare-bones, uber rationalistic, stripped down to the core no bs-  Ya guys on here have nominated some various BDC.com Posters whom you theoretically think would be fitting guys for The Pats GM job...?  My Choice is Mike.  Word for word, he'd be expressing the exact same "no glowing garbage" things Belichick would wanna say...but this way, no longer has to.  Prairie can be Belichick's version of the Grim Reaper (a job I've actually always wanted myself).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

pcmIV, you are right, we have no idea if it serious like Rosie's was, but the fact he is still rehabbing after going out in week 2, it must have been somewhat serious.

I thought he went on I/R because of the hip but if he had another ailment to go along with that, it only makes it more difficult to count on him. I wont resort to calling him glass joe, but right now he is def. living up the consensus on this board regarding his ability to stay healthy. Some guys just always get nicked up, and I wont judge him yet, but I will act like he is not even here and hope for the best in camp.

Sections
Shortcuts