Ras-I Hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Ras-I Hurt

For all intent and purposes, Ras was a 1st round pick. He came off the board with the first pick in round 2. I expect more and so should BB out of a player drafted this high. BB has taken more than his share of gambles on injured players. Another who comes to mind is Brandon Tate. Frankly I don't get it. Why take a kid with an injury history that you are counting onmost likely to start given where he was chosen who has an injury history?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Ras-I Hurt

BB was taking a flyer hoping to find a diamond in the rough at a much-needed position where the best talent tends to go in the top 10 or 15 picks of the draft. It's hard to build a team when you're always picking in the high twenties or thirties, and sometimes taking gambles makes sense even though many of them won't pan out.  

That said, the loss of Ras-I for a game or two will have little effect on anything since he's not a big contributor.  I would, however, like to see him at least get the chance to develop into something better, and getting practice and playing time is essential to that. 

Sections
Shortcuts