RAS-I is BYE BYE!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: RAS-I is BYE BYE!

Sources????   Do tell . . .  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

he meant sorcerer. His sorcerers tell him these things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Any way you slice it; barring a near miracle at this point, another disaster draft pick from BB.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Any way you slice it; barring a near miracle at this point, another disaster draft pick from BB. 

Oh yes another disaster pick for BB just like all the GMs in the NFL have done. Name me a GM who hasn't made mistakes drafting players. He's the first to admit he's not perfect, and makes mistakes. Say what you want about BB but for the most part he puts together a competitive team each year. We are very fortunate to have him. I wouldn't want anyone else running this football team period!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

sources just confirmed that this week is his last in a patriot uni due to both on and off field stuff. basically spends too much time off it and performance doesnt justify the distraction, no upside. pats keeep bringing in new guys. shouldnt b that hard to get a good 5th corner to spell the Ras.. time for ras-i to stop RIS-ing!

Dear Commie - Ras i be Risin Again because we have no talent behind Talib and Dennard, and the former cannot stay healthy either.  One more time around this year for Ras, says I!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

sources just confirmed that this week is his last in a patriot uni due to both on and off field stuff. basically spends too much time off it and performance doesnt justify the distraction, no upside. pats keeep bringing in new guys. shouldnt b that hard to get a good 5th corner to spell the Ras.. time for ras-i to stop RIS-ing!

Dear Commie - Ras i be Risin Again because we have no talent behind Talib and Dennard, and the former cannot stay healthy either.  One more time around this year for Ras, says I!!!!!

I agree.  You are also assuming that Dennard's legal problems will still allow him to get on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

While your sources are guessing. Why don't they create a thread to guess on Cunningham too? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

CC and Iamgyd...Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of the sports threads..............

and both are bat guano C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

Oh yes another disaster pick for BB just like all the GMs in the NFL have done. Name me a GM who hasn't made mistakes drafting players. He's the first to admit he's not perfect, and makes mistakes. Say what you want about BB but for the most part he puts together a competitive team each year. We are very fortunate to have him. I wouldn't want anyone else running this football team period!

And you are quite right!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

NO WAY! If this is true, I would be absolutely shocked. The guy has elite CB potential. Now, if the injuries keep him away from the game for more than half of this season, then YES, I say he is both a bust and a waste of a slot. But with the group we have developing and the depth that we enjoy, it would be a strategic error to let him go right now. IMO, Ras-I is SAVED by the depth and overall talent and versatility that our secondary has right now and there is no "need" to let him go and replace him with someone with less potential. Too soon to make such a move when the risk is so little and the reward is tremendous. NO WAY!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Ras-I WAS a disaster pick.

He was the 33rd pick. This was the first time the 2nd/3rd rounds were being held on the 2nd day. There was tremendous buzz around the 33rd pick and how it would generate a lot more trade value now that there was added time overnight to chew over things. The patriots received multiple and good trade offers which they rejected. 

And they picked......... Mr. Glass.

Give me a break. This trade was a disaster. Period. That is known already. We didnt get the value we deserve from a quasi-1st round pick.

The question is now whether he's good enough to even be a NFL player. The debate for whether he was worthy of his draft status is over. He wasn't. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

No argument from me on that. I never said BB was worse than the average GM out there.

His great coaching and his great QB keep us in the hunt. The team around Brady he has in place is overall, mediocre.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

On the other hand.....

Ridley and Vollmer were also considered major reaches by most experts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"No argument from me on that. I never said BB was worse than the average GM out there."

I think you can make the argument he's an above average GM all things included. But the best in the league/best of all time stuff is tiring. Also, nuance is required - for example BB does pretty well drafting Olineman and to some extent running backs (see above re: Ridley/Vollment). He also does a good job in the later rounds and undrafted guys. 

But he has really struggled drafting WRs and even more so defensive backs.

"His great coaching and his great QB keep us in the hunt. The team around Brady he has in place is overall, mediocre."

That about somes it up. With a healthy Gronk and Hernandez lining up I might have to argue that but obviously we are never going to see that again

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Why is this still a disccussion. The GM is graded on the success or failure of the team. Under the current GM of the Patriots the Pat's record is...

Reg season 151-57  .726

Playoffs  17-7

7 AFCCG's

5 AFCCG's wins

3 SB wins

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

NO WAY! If this is true, I would be absolutely shocked. The guy has elite CB potential. Now, if the injuries keep him away from the game for more than half of this season, then YES, I say he is both a bust and a waste of a slot. But with the group we have developing and the depth that we enjoy, it would be a strategic error to let him go right now. IMO, Ras-I is SAVED by the depth and overall talent and versatility that our secondary has right now and there is no "need" to let him go and replace him with someone with less potential. Too soon to make such a move when the risk is so little and the reward is tremendous. NO WAY!

It is good to hear a rational voice around here about Ras-I. Maybe, he was not worth a 33rd overall pick but this is really about risk and reward at this point. The Pats owe it to themselves to stick this out a bit further to see what Ras-I can do. There is little to lose and a lot to gain if he can turn it around. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think it's a long shot for him to make the team. He's clearly talented but that's meaningless if you can't get on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Funny how TB isn't mentioned with BB. No TB, difficult road to SBs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:

Ras-I WAS a disaster pick.

He was the 33rd pick. This was the first time the 2nd/3rd rounds were being held on the 2nd day. There was tremendous buzz around the 33rd pick and how it would generate a lot more trade value now that there was added time overnight to chew over things. The patriots received multiple and good trade offers which they rejected. 

And they picked......... Mr. Glass.

Give me a break. This trade was a disaster. Period. That is known already. We didnt get the value we deserve from a quasi-1st round pick.

The question is now whether he's good enough to even be a NFL player. The debate for whether he was worthy of his draft status is over. He wasn't. 

Well that's the whole thing, that selection was a historic one in a sense because of the great advantage it gave a team under that new format. You had a whole night to evaluate a board that essentially had 10 (or more) players that were considered to be first round picks, you also had a night to entertain trade offers. We then went out and selected a corner back that got injured running his 40 for scouts on his pro day...think about that for a second.

I also can recall Jonathan Kraft bragging after the kid's second game about - that is why they selected him - and turned down some pretty substantial trades.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

On the other hand.....

Ridley and Vollmer were also considered major reaches by most experts.

Nothing special about Ridley.  Average: speed, power, elusiveness, blocking.  He's an upgrade over what we had, but he doesn't change the game. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts