Ras-I....Another Bob Sanders???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Ras-I....Another Bob Sanders???

The guy is supose to have mad skill but is on IR all the time...been that way since his high school days....He's already been hurt in camp this year....I think the Patriots may have blown this pick....YES, I know he is a rookie but from all I've read on this guy,the good & the bad, it stands out that he's always hurt....
    what are the thought of my fellow Patriot fans out there...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Ras-I....Another Bob Sanders???

He's got to first prove his skills then get hurt and leave his team hanging for three years before leaving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't see Dowling as being injury prone.

He played in 12 games his freshman year in college, started 9 of 11 games in his sophomore year, played in 12 games his junior year and was injured in his senior season.

He had 60 tackles his senior year in high school so I don't think he missed much time there either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

High risk, high reward.  If he stays healthy we have a steal, if he doesnt, then another wheatly it is.  I like the pick, 6'1" CBs that run a 4.40 are not common

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

We all crave certainty and we try to re-assure each other on this board either we have made the right choice or that we have not and we need to dump the player.

This sitaution goes against our nature because it is a total " wait and see" situation. Ras was injured as a senior and was not completely healed at the start of camp  We really don't know how he will do but sometimes these situations work out well. BB knew the risk when he selected him and he still did it. Right now, this is really a big opportunity for someone else to shine. Maybe, Buddy Farnham?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

bowers was my choice, but hes got injury issues as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

whats with everybodys hard on for buddy farham the guy is a scrub nobody.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Ras-I....Another Bob Sanders???:
    [QUOTE]whats with everybodys hard on for buddy farham the guy is a scrub nobody.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Farnham has quick feet and sure hands and is a great possession receiver on a team that does not have room for another possession receiver.  Buddy also played DB and special teams at Brown and most of all is the kind of guy that inspires everybody. It was not an accident that the whole sideline broke down when Farnham intercepted a pass vs. Jacksonville. Everyone on the team was rooting for him. Isn't this the kind of guy who will make a place for himself and contribute to the team ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Come on its way to early to say that.  However BB has said CB is the toughest position on the Pats for a rookie to learn, that's why McCourty is so amazing.  It's going to be tough for him missing so much camp but let's not pass judgement so quick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I know, I'm not yet questioning his skill set, just his ability to stay healthy & in the line up on a consistant basis...

Vereen is hurt too but doesn't have a history of it so I'm not worried there....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Ras-I....Another Bob Sanders???:
    [QUOTE]The guy is supose to have mad skill but is on IR all the time...been that way since his high school days....He's already been hurt in camp this year....I think the Patriots may have blown this pick....YES, I know he is a rookie but from all I've read on this guy,the good & the bad, it stands out that he's always hurt.... what are the thought of my fellow Patriot fans out there...
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

You mean, the guy who hasn't played a single professional game? A lil' early for comparisons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

We're a few weeks into an abbreviated training camp wher tons of players are getting hurt due to the lack of proper training.  Give me a break.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Bobzilla was a little pipsqueak who hit exceptionally hard.  Of course he got injured early and often.  Ras-I is notably larger and heavier.  Physics says that he will have lower G-forces on his own body every time that he tackles people.  Therefore he won't get injured as often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

When you pick outside the top 10, there's always something that elicits concern...the talent is there, give the kid a chance to heal. If he was the fifth pick in the draft, I'd show more emotion---but he was NOT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

be patient on Ras-I.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Cromratie didnt even play his senior year and was still a late 1st rd pick because of his size, speed combo and turned out pretty well as a rookie, dont know about after that, but way too early to count him out...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Too early to definitely say anything about the guy, except that he is a physical specimen. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

The Patriots blew this pick, I was just thinking about this guy, and how he's constantly injured...  They used their top 2nd round pick on this guy (basically a 1st rounder!) and the guy cant even get on the field - the worst part is - the Patriots knew he was injury prone!  GREAT!  What a waste of a pick, in my mind...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I believe they knew of his injury concerns but most likely figured with a year in N.E. and in the offseason program he would be ready to contribute next year.

I really dont believe they were counting on him for this year.  He is an outside Cb, and we are set there with Bodden and McCourty but Bodden's contract is up soon...next year I believe, so I think they were taking a guy w/talent that they could possibly coach up to be a starter in a couple years...atleast thats how I look at it.  Thats the one thing I wont complain about is taking a chance on a player that may become something....  we all complain about them not taking the big names or media hyped players...but Bill compiles a lot of pics to the point where he can actually afford to take risks like this...cuz the roster is set already...  just forget he is here and let him resurface next year

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

This just in...football is a contact sport; guys get injured.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Ras-I has yet to play a down in the NFL yet you're comparing him to Bob Sanders?
    smh...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

These are the type players that make it to the PS
    or even to the IR
    No one will take a flier on him
    There is something to be said about red shirting certain players

the thing that is baffling is that Butler is supposed to be in position
    but then doesn't make the play - very frustraing I am sure

I still cannot believe how deep we are now in our Front 7

I really root for al the young guys and do not give up them -
    to a fault

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Re: Ras-I....Another Bob Sanders???:
    [QUOTE]whats with everybodys hard on for buddy farham the guy is a scrub nobody.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

He's a local guy from Andover, too.  I think Pats fans like local players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

that was my concern when they drafted him because he had a lot of the minor injuries throughout his career that guys who are injury prone tend to have. he didn't have anything major which is good but had several minor injuries. i was hoping that would just be a fluke because he has some great skills and talent.

the scouting report talked about all of his talents but on the downside said that he was injury prone and has trouble staying healthy. brace seems to be one of those guys too.

Sections
Shortcuts