Rate this years team against the 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2008 teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Rate this years team against the 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2008 teams

Is it me or as of right now does this NE team have the most balanced offense of all the past Super Bowl teams? If there is still improvement to be seen in all phases of their game then I would say this team could be the best of the other four SB teams, especially if they win out convincingly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Re: Rate this years team against the 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2008 teams

Did you mean 2007? 2008 was the Matt Cassel season.

I really like this team. I love the way the new guys seem to be buying into the system. I also like the way the older guys are showing some leadership. It's probably my favorite cast of characters since 2004. Having said that, I won't compare them to any of the teams until I know the final outcome of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Seems like the best O. 

Worst kicking team. (No offense, Graham, but I am comparing you to A.V., a lock for the HOF, and Steve -The Big Leg - Ghostowski).

Kick return team started well, but is nothing compared to 2007 with Hobbs, Faulk and Welker in 2007.

Punting is the best of the bunch.

T.E.s, best.

Receivers, a three-way tie for second-place behind 2007.

Running game, second-best.  Was best with Dillon in 2004.  But maybe Taylor returning changes my opinion later.  But all were very good.

Brady?  Most impressive year.

As for the other positions?  Too close to call for me. Each of these seasons has had some special talent on DBs, LBs, OL and DL. I guess the D mixes for 2003/2004 were tied for 1st, 2001 at 3rd, this year 4th and 2007 5th.  Not in stats, but in impact plays. But that could change, too.

They have to win it all. How they do it will determine my ultimate opinion of 2010's ranking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Still a work in progress..  need to refrain from getting giddy off of one game results even though the team to date has progressed far above expectations.  See how they do in the "money" season, the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

to me, if this team can play o like last night every time they go out, this team is the best pats o even vs the 07. it is potent and intelligent.

the d is work in progress. 04 and 05 put fear in their opponents' hearts. this year's d is not there yet.

even with regard to something as fundamental as tackling. i don't remember seeing as many missed tackles in a game as i saw last night. it helped that sanchez was making bad decisions and their receivers were dropping balls.

that said, this pats d is maturing fast....and it's really exciting. let's see what they do against gb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Rate this years team against the 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2008 teams:
    [QUOTE]Still a work in progress..  need to refrain from getting giddy off of one game results even though the team to date has progressed far above expectations.  See how they do in the "money" season, the playoffs.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

We're fans we're supposed to be giddy after every run for positive yards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Rate this years team against the 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2008 teams:
    [QUOTE]Still a work in progress..  need to refrain from getting giddy off of one game results even though the team to date has progressed far above expectations.  See how they do in the "money" season, the playoffs.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

It's not 1 game...it's been 12, and the last put them in the driver's seat for the #1 seed going into the playoffs. If the Pats go 2-2, the Jets need to go 4-0 to pass them. 3-1 and that's it, #1 seed.

I would find a lot of humor if their last loss of the season was to Mangini and the Browns. Mangini. And the BROWNS!

8. This post has been removed.