Rating The Patriots Defensive Front 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Rating The Patriots Defensive Front 7

How do fans rate the Patriots defensive front 7 vs. other teams?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Rating The Patriots Defensive Front 7

Linebackers - Top 5 or even Top 3 in the league dependent on how Collins grows.

• Mayo is already a top 5 LB (non-pass rushing LB) in the league. Collins looks to becoming a great player possibly. Hightower will come iin and fill Spikes old position. Anderson led the Bears in tackles last season, bad defense, but the guy produced.

Defensive Line- Isn't as elite but certainly still in the top half of the league.

• Jones is becoming an elite pass rusher in this league. Ninkovich is a very solid player who seems to make big plays when needed. If Kelly and Vince come back and play good this DL will be very good and if Easley can work his way into the mix by mid season we could really be in business this season too. Not to mention they signed Will SMith who could contribute and Buchanan is a prime candidate for a Year 2 jump as well.

I'd say LB's Top 5, DL Top 8-12 depending on health

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

• Mayo is already a top 5 LB (non-pass rushing LB) in the league. Collins looks to becoming a great player possibly. Hightower will come iin and fill Spikes old position. Anderson led the Bears in tackles last season, bad defense, but the guy produced.

Defensive Line- Isn't as elite but certainly still in the top half of the league.

• Jones is becoming an elite pass rusher in this league. Ninkovich is a very solid player who seems to make big plays when needed. If Kelly and Vince come back and play good this DL will be very good and if Easley can work his way into the mix by mid season we could really be in business this season too. Not to mention they signed Will SMith who could contribute and Buchanan is a prime candidate for a Year 2 jump as well.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

sounds right in your evaluation of skills

i really don't know too much about other teams, sf, Seattle, Carolina, CincinnatiCincinnati

jets front could be Decent, but coples is a ? And one of the lbs is getting old and another is growing better , how good? I don't know, I think I like the Pats much better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed,,,we've got POEtential this year...l.et's hope it happens on the field...if it does, I really like our chances!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

If Jones gets better, and i think he will, along with Easley making an impact in his rookie year. Those two alone will make life so nice for Wilfork and Kelly. Throw Nink and Collins in the mix with them and BB getting these guys to think as one unit each doing an individual job, this defense is easily a top 5 defense and top 10 defensive line, possibly top 5 LB corp also. Maybe not on the stats page, but just pure impact on the field.

Then there are all the role players and substitutes like Buchanan, Smith, etc that can all have a nice contribution to an all around solid front 7.

This all hinges on health, if anyone 2 from the front 7 like Wilfork, Collins, Jones or Mayo go down this defense will still be competitive, but easily fall out of a top 10 defensive front 7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

which teams do you think have better front 7s?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

which teams do you think have better front 7s?

[/QUOTE]

As overall front 7 units, I would say Seattle, San Fran, St. Louis, Cincinnati and Carolina

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Jones gets better, and i think he will, along with Easley making an impact in his rookie year. Those two alone will make life so nice for Wilfork and Kelly. Throw Nink and Collins in the mix with them and BB getting these guys to think as one unit each doing an individual job, this defense is easily a top 5 defense and top 10 defensive line, possibly top 5 LB corp also. Maybe not on the stats page, but just pure impact on the field.

Then there are all the role players and substitutes like Buchanan, Smith, etc that can all have a nice contribution to an all around solid front 7.

This all hinges on health, if anyone 2 from the front 7 like Wilfork, Collins, Jones or Mayo go down this defense will still be competitive, but easily fall out of a top 10 defensive front 7.

[/QUOTE]

ggod response, thanks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

From what Ive seen so far. The Linebacker position is gonna revert back to its old days here with more big plays coming from this group. I like the Talent on the line but without rookie Easley, it does leave us a lil thin on pressure guys. I will say this though, the Starting nose may not be Vince. This Sealver kid has been impressive. He has won nearly most of his one on one matchups and has been impossible to move. I cant see how this guy isnt starting on early downs. Kelly can still provide some interior rush. Maybe Fork is just easing his way back but he hasnt been his dominant self as of yet.

IN the Redskins 1st practice, our D lineman were dominated by the skins O line. Only the aforementioned Sealver and Hightower had more wins than losses which brings me to the two keys on D after the line.

Collins/Hightower. I think we may keep 3 and 4 backers on the field on 3rd down, with Hightower rushing the passer and Collins and Anderson helping in coverage. He showed well in pass rush drills and was very good at it in college. So while some are saying hightower will need to come off the field, I dont think its that simple. Hopefully BB utilizes all his guys like Buchanan, W.Smith, Hightower,etc to create pressure packages to keep everyone fresh. Moore is very raw but has shown enough to supplant Bequette IMO. Id like to see W.Smith and Buchanan rotated respectively with Nink and Jones to keep them fresh

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

Sections
Shortcuts