Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/

Do they ever give credit to the opposing team or take responsibility for how they play?  There's always a league wide conspiracy.  Lewis would fit in well with the Raiders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!

In Response to Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!:
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/ Do they ever give credit to the opposing team or take responsibility for how they play?  There's always a league wide conspiracy.  Lewis would fit in well with the Raiders.
    Posted by soxfan33928

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/it_was_a_bad_day_for_nfl_officiating.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aces1. Show aces1's posts

LEAGUE wide conspiracy.  Maybe Lewis should have his own show on fox news, opposite glen beck! LOL!  bUT SERIOUSLY, the rule is, you cannot go below the qb waiste and make a tackle. That is the rule.  Cleary, that fool went down to bradys knees, and so the flag came out.  Look at the replay Lewis.  You arrogant...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Second level teams have to make excuses to justify their status.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xavyre. Show xavyre's posts

Puleeeze! Grow up Lewis. The refs make bad calls every week against every team. Patriots get hosed constantly as well.  The refs are only human.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not even going to dignify reading the article in the Baltimore Sun if they are tryinng too say that the hit on Brady's knee wasn't Roughing the QB!By the rule you can't hit a QB from the knee down and the neck up!!They need to get a grip if the are crying about that call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

The guy that Posted it is a tool. It is good to see that the officials got the memo this week to protect the QB's. If you watched multiple games you could certainly see more alert officiating when it came to late hits, blows to the head, and hits below the knees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The flag football rules on the quarterback have reached such a ridiculous level that quarterbacks are now using them to their advantage by flopping whenever a fingernail or a stray breath comes anywhere near their head. Both Brady and Flacco used this to their advantage in today's game and, unfortunate as it is, this is the way the game is going to be called until officials are allowed to get a feel for it and use better judgment. This is how rule changes work. The officiating will look retarded for a season (or maybe two), and then the league will counsel the officials to throttle it back a little -- and the complaints will revert back in the other direction.  No one is ever going to be happy with the officiating. The spread is designed to have an equal number of bettors on each side of the line so that, no matter what happens, the house always wins. This means that the officials, no matter what they do, are never right.

Feel free to b*tch if it makes you feel better, but as the man said, "same as it ever was."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Wright's BS unnecessary roughness penalty in sacking Joe Flacco 
    That horrible call on the field goal fake for illegal motion 
    The Ravens didn't hand the ball to Ray Rice more despite his 9.1 yards per carry (50 yards on one carry, 53 yards on the other 10 carries - 5.3ypc) 
    The last three passes of the game hit Mark Clayton right in the hands
    Their coach was dumb enough to get called for unsportsmanlike conduct 
    Joe Flacco was dumb enough to get called for delay of game

Oh yea... 
    Baltimore fumbled the opening kickoff 
    The Patriots dominated the time of possession 34:56 - 25:04. 
    Flacco was hit at least 6 or 7 times and hurried a bunch more

keep blaming the refs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!:
    Wright's BS unnecessary roughness penalty in sacking Joe Flacco  That horrible call on the field goal fake for illegal motion  The Ravens didn't hand the ball to Ray Rice more despite his 9.1 yards per carry (50 yards on one carry, 53 yards on the other 10 carries - 5.3ypc)  The last three passes of the game hit Mark Clayton right in the hands Their coach was dumb enough to get called for unsportsmanlike conduct  Joe Flacco was dumb enough to get called for delay of game Oh yea...  Baltimore fumbled the opening kickoff  The Patriots dominated the time of possession 34:56 - 25:04.  Flacco was hit at least 6 or 7 times and hurried a bunch more keep blaming the refs!
    Posted by NickC1188

And yes, I'm repeating myself, but no, Ravens' fans have NO answers for the points that I postulated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Did you see the way Harbaugh shook Belichick's hand? 

He literarily gave him the cold shoulder that Belichick gets castrated for. T-Suggs knew the rules, you can't attack the QB's knees. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : And yes, I'm repeating myself, but no, Ravens' fans have NO answers for the points that I postulated.
    Posted by NickC1188

GFC, you are so full of yourself. You don't even have some of the calls right. Do you really expect to engage in meaningful, unbiased debate on a fan board? Honestly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Just a scum bag murderer blaming the man. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Just a scum bag murderer blaming the man. 
    Posted by Kmax

That is probably the most interesting point made this afternoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

A team is a reflection of their Coach !! Harbaugh was ranting and raving making a boistress fool of himself that entire 2nd half...I would not be surprised if the hit by Suggs was ordered or at least suggested by this moron !! If you fine and discipline Suggs you should fine  and discipline Harbaugh !! He seriously needs adult supervision when he is on the sidelines ....Did any body notice how little Theresa Anne cold-shouldered Belicheck at the end of the game when Belicheck tried to shake his hand ??? Is this a mature football Coach ???? How do youdiscipline your troops Harbaugh ??? Do you tell them you'll scratch their eyes out ???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : GFC, you are so full of yourself. You don't even have some of the calls right. Do you really expect to engage in meaningful, unbiased debate on a fan board? Honestly.
    Posted by EnochRoot

What did I have wrong?  I thought I made fair points in simply highlighting the fact that the refs were far from the only contributing factor in the game.

Are you an admin in disguise?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottprim. Show scottprim's posts

It's funny because what the murderer was saying about embarrassing to the game is exactly what I was thinking about him!!  Does he ever lose a game to another team or is it always the refs fault?  Does the scumbag have no shame?!!  I live in Polk county Fl. where this lowlife played high school football and The Ledger always lists what he does each week and talks about him like he is some kind hero.  Excuse me while I vomit!!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : What did I have wrong?  I thought I made fair points in simply highlighting the fact that the refs were far from the only contributing factor in the game. Are you an admin in disguise?
    Posted by NickC1188

The roughing calls are legit. People don't like it, but they have been calling them that way for several years now. Tully was even called for it in the AFCCG against the Colts. 

The refs got the illegal motion call right. It is explicit in the rule book. A single man in motion is not a shift, but if he is moving directly forward at the snap, it is illegal motion. (That is verbatim from the RB.)

The self-congratulatory posturing. Yes, I get it. You asked a fanboy troll to rationally explain things. I am not sure which is bugging me more, the fact that you keep posting the same info on the sam thread as if you expect a reasonable response or the fact that every third post after that is a reminder that you asked and they aren't willing to answer. 

Oh yeah, the other ad nauseum posts with the same information about spygate and cheating. Your argument that other teams cheat in other ways is irrelevant and flawed. Stop reposting it and reposting it. It doesn't prove the Pats didn't cheat. It doesn't put anything to rest as you continually claim. It just tries to minimize an action by comparing it to other actions and some of those actions weren't even against the rules (Dolphins enhanced audio comes to mind.) The fact is that BB broke an NFL rule and paid for it. Move on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

I seem to recall Vince Wilfork getting flagged for a similar BS call during week 1.  What goes around comes around.  The refs will make that call all season.  Maybe Ray Ray should have stopped Brady on the goal line when he ran him over for the Pats first TD.  Never hear the Pats flat out blame the refs like that.  Man up and win the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I seem to recall Vince Wilfork getting flagged for a similar BS call during week 1.  What goes around comes around.  The refs will make that call all season.  Maybe Ray Ray should have stopped Brady on the goal line when he ran him over for the Pats first TD.  Never hear the Pats flat out blame the refs like that.  Man up and win the game.
    Posted by DBAZ22

Vince was called for roughing for hitting the QB too low (Like the call against Suggs today which was legit.) The only problem was that Vince tackled Edwards at the waist, not at the knee or even the leg. That was a pretty bad call and not in line with the rules clarification. I can guarantee instructions were sent to the refs for clarification after that call.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : The roughing calls are legit. People don't like it, but they have been calling them that way for several years now. Tully was even called for it in the AFCCG against the Colts.  The refs got the illegal motion call right. It is explicit in the rule book. A single man in motion is not a shift, but if he is moving directly forward at the snap, it is illegal motion. (That is verbatim from the RB.) The self-congratulatory posturing. Yes, I get it. You asked a fanboy troll to rationally explain things. I am not sure which is bugging me more, the fact that you keep posting the same info on the sam thread as if you expect a reasonable response or the fact that every third post after that is a reminder that you asked and they aren't willing to answer.  Oh yeah, the other ad nauseum posts with the same information about spygate and cheating. Your argument that other teams cheat in other ways is irrelevant and flawed. Stop reposting it and reposting it. It doesn't prove the Pats didn't cheat. It doesn't put anything to rest as you continually claim. It just tries to minimize an action by comparing it to other actions and some of those actions weren't even against the rules (Dolphins enhanced audio comes to mind.) The fact is that BB broke an NFL rule and paid for it. Move on.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I've tried moving on past SpyGate.  When people keep bringing it up, it naturally bothers me.  And yes, using steroids is against the rules.  Those rules are called laws.  Those laws were written by the government.  Since the NFL is in the United States, yes, those rules still apply to them.  The argument holds when people argue against SpyGate on moral grounds.  Instead of arguing against SpyGate on merit, I attacked it from the moral standpoint.  In a logic sequence, you only have to destroy one premise for the other sides' argument to fall apart.

The illegal motion call:
    -The line was not set when Baker moved out wide to the left.  If the line was set, then he would have had to step back while the left flanker stepped forward
    -Baker was not moving at the time of the snap - there was a discernible pause

On the roughing calls - I'm quite well aware of the rules.  I didn't argue against them, I only pointed out that they offered no advantage to either team.

And at no point should it be unreasonable to expect a reasonable response to a reasonable postulation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

This blaming BB of cheating, and other teams getting hosed by the refs is a bunch of B*S*.  In case anyone didn't notice, the Pats still went 10-6 last year without Brady, and are 3-1 this year in a rebuilding mode. You out of town folks are just jealous of the Patriots success and will find anyway to discredit the Pats. We're lucky to have a great coach & front office. 

The refs call each game the same for every team, they have no reason to do anything otherwise. In a few games I've seen this year, I've seen very obvious penalties committed by teams opposing the Pats the remained uncalled. I didn't see Pats fans on Boston.com screaming like a bunch of babies like you Pats hater. 

Hetchinspete.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Once again, I'd like to point out for the record that not one of those loud mouthed, Patriot and BB bashing, band wagon, fair weather fans can be seen or heard from.  Where's Leon, where's Pete, where's Koolaid?  Where's the sports writer from Baltimoron (I kid because I care) who said the Ravens would win?  Not a one had the decency to show their "faces."  Say what you want about NE fans but at least we have guts.  We may be arrogant and prideful at times, but we have stones.

GO PATS!

PS:  Wait until Brady and Co. get into a groove offensively.  Remember, it took Peyton Manning 8 weeks last season to click after his knee was operated on.  This could be a fun year guys!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Ray Lewis, how about answering this question:

" A penalty does not automatically award a team a touchdown, so, why didn't the Ravens defense stop the Patriots from scoring in the possession when it had plenty of opportunities to stop the Patriots?"

A penalty is one play, no matter how untimely it may be, so where is the excuse now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : I've tried moving on past SpyGate.  When people keep bringing it up, it naturally bothers me.  And yes, using steroids is against the rules.  Those rules are called laws.  Those laws were written by the government.  Since the NFL is in the United States, yes, those rules still apply to them.  The argument holds when people argue against SpyGate on moral grounds.  Instead of arguing against SpyGate on merit, I attacked it from the moral standpoint.  In a logic sequence, you only have to destroy one premise for the other sides' argument to fall apart. The illegal motion call: -The line was not set when Baker moved out wide to the left.  If the line was set, then he would have had to step back while the left flanker stepped forward -Baker was not moving at the time of the snap - there was a discernible pause On the roughing calls - I'm quite well aware of the rules.  I didn't argue against them, I only pointed out that they offered no advantage to either team. And at no point should it be unreasonable to expect a reasonable response to a reasonable postulation.
    Posted by NickC1188

1. Who mentioned steroids?

2. You don't destroy any premise. You only compare it to other acts of cheating. That is a rationalization. Aside from that, who is arguing that SpyGate is relevant from a moralistic standpoint? I generally see people say a rule was broken. In reading your post (time and time again), you aren't taking a moral stance anyway.

3. The line was set. Baker was the only one moving during the replay. 

4. You added these items in the list of things that were incorrect. If you meant something else, don't group them together.

5. It is not reasonable to ask a cat the time. The question is reasonable; The expectation of an answer isn't. Stop using absolutes.

6. Yours weren't postulations. A postulation is an axiom. You did postulate some questions though.

7. Nothing on the self-congratulatory repetition. 

Sections
Shortcuts