Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!

I love it.

I watched the game at a sports bar, no sound.  I turned to a Giants fan next to me and said, "I hate the Ravens.  They always blame the officials when they lose. They'll probably do it after this game." 

Did I look like a sage?  Nope.  It was a sure bet.

Our team looked good today against a complete team.  Maybe the talking heads are only dipping their toes into Patriots' Koolaid, but I have to think that some of the teams are going to look at the film and think, "Oh, nooooooo...here they go again."  We already know that the Pats influenced the Steelers to go on fourth and inches around their own 30 tonight, like the Pats did on 4-1 at their 24.

Go Pats!.

Oh yeah, that shot to Brady's knees was cheap and 100% illegal, no matter what Rodney - a safety - thinks.  A fine will come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : 1. Who mentioned steroids? 2. You don't destroy any premise. You only compare it to other acts of cheating. That is a rationalization. Aside from that, who is arguing that SpyGate is relevant from a moralistic standpoint? I generally see people say a rule was broken. In reading your post (time and time again), you aren't taking a moral stance anyway. 3. The line was set. Baker was the only one moving during the replay.  4. You added these items in the list of things that were incorrect. If you meant something else, don't group them together. 5. It is not reasonable to ask a cat the time. The question is reasonable; The expectation of an answer isn't. Stop using absolutes. 6. Yours weren't postulations. A postulation is an axiom. You did postulate some questions though. 7. Nothing on the self-congratulatory repetition. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

1.  I mentioned steroids in my SpyGate "argument" - you said that the examples I used were of people not breaking the rules.  I counter that breaking the law is breaking the rules.  If it's against the law, it should be just as amoral, even if the NFL doesn't have rules against it.

2.  People argue that the Patriots cheated.  Cheating suggests that they did something that went beyond not only the rules, but the norms of the culture.  Cheating to me implies that they did something worse, something more amoral than the norm.  By "rationalizing" it, I prove that what the Patriots did was no worse than what a lot of other teams do.  If what they did isn't any worse than what a lot of other teams do, then it's not "cheating."  Cheating is defined as doing something unfairly to gain an advantage.  They did something, but it wasn't any more unfair than what other teams do.  People make the Patriots out to be the root of all evil.  This is not true.

3.  There's a difference between standing still and being set.  Set from the standpoint of a former football player implies that they entered stances (defined by the linemen having their elbows on their knees/thighs or their hands on the ground).  The line was crouched, but they weren't SET when Baker snuck off to the left.  It wasn't until AFTER Baker was splitting out wide when they entered a SET position.  I can't argue about whether Baker stopped without a replay.  I thought he did, and he certainly wasn't moving forward because he was already right on the line of scrimmage.

4.  I didn't understand what you meant there, but I simply grouped things together for which Ravens fans had no reply.  Their complaints were based on the idea that the refs alone cost them the game.  The list consisted of things that refuted the notion that the refs were the only thing that cost the Ravens the game, whether it was bad moves made by the Ravens or calls that went in the Ravens' favor.

5.  I don't think you could be more wrong.  I think it's fair to expect everyone to be able to have conversations like the one we're having right now.  It's what separates us from the apes.

6.  Touche.  Wrong choice of words.

7.  Yes, I concede that it's self-congratulatory repetition, although I'd like to think it's also a bit of base insecurity.  Sometimes I think I make good points that go unnoticed by others, like how most of Maroney's run plays are stretch plays which makes it easier for defenses to stuff, or how those stretch plays set up the play action today.  I'd love to talk football instead of trash-talking, name-calling, and re-treading.  It's also done for the reason covered in point #5, my crazy notion that everyone can communicate as civilly as we are right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

[QUOTE]I seem to recall Vince Wilfork getting flagged for a similar BS call during week 1.  What goes around comes around.  The refs will make that call all season.  Maybe Ray Ray should have stopped Brady on the goal line when he ran him over for the Pats first TD.  Never hear the Pats flat out blame the refs like that.  Man up and win the game.
    Posted by DBAZ22[/QUOTE]

Good point.  even though everyone has said that the call on Willfork was stupid, you never hear the Pats pissing and moaning about the refs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : Good point.  even though everyone has said that the call on Willfork was stupid, you never hear the Pats pissing and moaning about the refs
    Posted by socalpatsfan12[/QUOTE]

You NEVER, EVER, hear the Pats moan and groan about calls against them.  They talk of miss opportunities and the need to improve.  The fans, well, that is another story, isn't it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

AGCSBILL,

Grousing about the bad calls at these forums is half the fun of coming here, LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

According to the rules both Wright and Suggs were rightfully penalized.  10 years ago neither of them would have been called.  It's just how it is and people need to not whine about it.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

The ravens had to win this game because we are only getting better ,and  they are at there peak.And they had there  ONLY chance to defeat us this year. Now all they can do is wait for next year.And how many times did the refs cost us against indy.Wait if they meet us in the playoffs and lose by 20 or more then what bs will they spout.And what about there coach,heart attack by next week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lestat44. Show Lestat44's posts

and Im sure Lewis was just as upset about the roughing the passer call against the Pats in the game too....I can tell by him yipping about it....damn hypocrite.....shut up, obey the rules and play the game. You dont like the rules dont play the game get a real job like the rest of us...

Where was the outrage when Wilfolk got the same call Suggs did a few weeks ago and Wilfolk hit the QB at the waist initially? Well? well? Media and Lewis....simply have there own agenda and bashing the Pats is the easiest way to make it happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JettRavensSuperPup. Show JettRavensSuperPup's posts

[QUOTE]A team is a reflection of their Coach !! Harbaugh was ranting and raving making a boistress fool of himself that entire 2nd half...I would not be surprised if the hit by Suggs was ordered or at least suggested by this moron !! If you fine and discipline Suggs you should fine  and discipline Harbaugh !! He seriously needs adult supervision when he is on the sidelines ....Did any body notice how little Theresa Anne cold-shouldered Belicheck at the end of the game when Belicheck tried to shake his hand ??? Is this a mature football Coach ???? How do youdiscipline your troops Harbaugh ??? Do you tell them you'll scratch their eyes out ???
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]

As a Ravens Fan,
    I admit that the calls usually go to teams evenly over the course of the season...Rules are rules but we do need modification to the QB rules...They are players after all.

Our coach, Harbaugh is a real good guy and questioning him after only seeing him for 1 game is not fair. He really is one of the most repectable coaches in the game.

I dont know that either the ravens or patriots should be considered the best team but both certainly are quality enough to make it all the way. Good luck to your team and hope to see you guys again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

The Ravens have always been a bunch of Baltimore thugs who, when beaten, whine about it not being a fair fight. Same story....same tune....same outcome.....Pats beat the Ravens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

On one hand, Lewis is right, those calls are very ticky tacky now (by the rules though), BUT the Ravens left plays on the field AFTER those penalties, so man up and admit you lost Ray. FYI, the refs didn't drop that last pass from Flacco and the Refs weren't covering Moss on his TD.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Real men don't blame anyone but themselves for the outcome of their actions. As such, we pretty much know where Ray Lewis ranks on that scale of accountability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]Real men don't blame anyone but themselves for the outcome of their actions. As such, we pretty much know where Ray Lewis ranks on that scale of accountability.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]...and some NE fans on this board do not b#tch and moan about everything going against the Pats, and the commisioner has it in for them? Short memory from a lot of posters here

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]I seem to recall Vince Wilfork getting flagged for a similar BS call during week 1.  What goes around comes around.  The refs will make that call all season.  Maybe Ray Ray should have stopped Brady on the goal line when he ran him over for the Pats first TD.  Never hear the Pats flat out blame the refs like that.  Man up and win the game.
    Posted by DBAZ22[/QUOTE]

Ray-Ray actually did stop him. All the replays I looked at from every angle showed that it wasn't a touchdown, but the Ravens didn't challenge, so there is not much to say about it. It is funny however how you point that out as if Brady is some kind of tough guy. Did you see his soccer player like dives and celebration after the penalties he has the beneficiary of? Yeah, very tough manly-like. Ray-Ray must have been really jealous of that kind of toughness running all over him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : Ray-Ray actually did stop him. All the replays I looked at from every angle showed that it wasn't a touchdown, but the Ravens didn't challenge, so there is not much to say about it. It is funny however how you point that out as if Brady is some kind of tough guy. Did you see his soccer player like dives and celebration after the penalties he has the beneficiary of? Yeah, very tough manly-like. Ray-Ray must have been really jealous of that kind of toughness running all over him.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE] You know deep down inside,you really wish you lived in NE the past 9 years.All the success,all the winning seasons.Wow it's been great with no end in site after beating another pretender team.Join us purple and taste the good life.After all the disappointments in Baltimore who could blame you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens are blaming officials AGAIN! : Ray-Ray actually did stop him. All the replays I looked at from every angle showed that it wasn't a touchdown, but the Ravens didn't challenge, so there is not much to say about it. It is funny however how you point that out as if Brady is some kind of tough guy. Did you see his soccer player like dives and celebration after the penalties he has the beneficiary of? Yeah, very tough manly-like. Ray-Ray must have been really jealous of that kind of toughness running all over him.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]

I saw Brady's TD. He beat Ray Ray. Easily. So he must be tougher than Ray Ray. Who lost.

Are you sure you aren't really Ray Ray? You sound like that pathetic excuse making wuss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Enoch-You and the rest of the so called pats fans had better take a long look in the mirror before you call anybody "an excuse making wuss".

I saw and you saw what happened in here after the Jets spanked the pats in week 2.Talk about excuse making wusses!

Oh I almost forgot....How are ya!?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Enoch-You and the rest of the so called pats fans had better take a long look in the mirror before you call anybody "an excuse making wuss". I saw and you saw what happened in here after the Jets spanked the pats in week 2.Talk about excuse making wusses! Oh I almost forgot....How are ya!?
    Posted by Leon961[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt there were people posting here making excuses. I am not really concerned about them. If I saw them at the time I would have told them to cut the carp, as well. I also know that I wasn't one of them. That is all that need concern me.

Are you going to take responsibility for the Jets fans who whined about losing yesterday? You seem to be OK with saying they were outplayed which may be your only admirable quality. That is really all that matters.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

No excuses Enoch-The Jets got beat fair and square but still are on top of the AFC east.Suggs hit looked clean to me.The other roughing penalty was a joke and you along with the rest of them know that too.

How could you not see what was going on in here after week 2?Selective reading perhaps?

Well gang You all know Leon-Early to bed and early to rise makes Leon not only healthy but wealthy and oh so very wise!

On that note folks...Y'all have a nice night now.....ya'hear!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]No excuses Enoch-The Jets got beat fair and square but still are on top of the AFC east.Suggs hit looked clean to me.The other roughing penalty was a joke and you along with the rest of them know that too. How could you not see what was going on in here after week 2?Selective reading perhaps? Well gang You all know Leon-Early to bed and early to rise makes Leon not only healthy but wealthy and oh so very wise! On that note folks...Y'all have a nice night now.....ya'hear!
    Posted by Leon961[/QUOTE]

I don't agree there. That roughing call has been called for the last several years. THey even called one against the Patriots yesterday when Wright's hand touches Flacco's facemask. It is what it is. If you want to complain that the rule is wrong, that is one thing. But the ref was right in calling it. It will get called every time.

Suggs made a punk move. He took two short steps after getting by the lineman and then suddenly starts to lung/fall at Brady's knees. It was pretty cheap. You should watch the replay from a few angles. It is actually comically in the way he thinks he is fooling people.

I actually wasn't here after the game in week2 as I had to travel to see the game and, thus was traveling back. But, I believe some fools were making excuses. They are everywhere.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonboyinCA. Show BostonboyinCA's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny because what the murderer was saying about embarrassing to the game is exactly what I was thinking about him!!  Does he ever lose a game to another team or is it always the refs fault?  Does the scumbag have no shame?!!  I live in Polk county Fl. where this lowlife played high school football and The Ledger always lists what he does each week and talks about him like he is some kind hero.  Excuse me while I vomit!!   
    Posted by scottprim[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think any reasonable person takes seriously what that thug has to say about officiating, but what amazed me was how some of the media responded, in agreement with him. I heard a couple of guys crying about the rule and how much quarterbacks get protected these days, but none of those "professionals" even bothered to mention that there is a similar rule protecting lineman, precisely because the way the game is now played, they can be as exposed to severe knee injuries as quaterbacks. The League is not just protecting a few big name QB's but being smart about the health of all its players. Lewis should stand in the pocket and let Brady take a couple of pot shots at him before he opens his big mouth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

I really can't believe how much of babies Ray Ray and the rest of the Ravens are. Suggs rightfully was called for roughing the passer. and both teams got almost identical calls for hits to the head. I don't see how Brady got preferential treatment.

You never see the Patriots make excuses after loss.  And two days later the ravens are still crying.

Lastly rules get changed all the time.  The Patriots beat the colts back to back in the playoffs in 2003 and 2004. The Colts complained about contact to the receivers so much the rules were changed.  This was in direct response to how the patriots defended their receivers.  You didn't the see the pats cry week after week about the rule change. They adapted to the new rule.

So maybe the ravens should learn a lesson here and stop crying.