Ravens @ Denver...who you takin'?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Ravens @ Denver...who you takin'?

Keep in mind, the forecast as of today (Wednesday) is for a COLD game with a little wind.  I just looked at accuweather a while ago and they are calling for a high of 19 degrees with about an 8 mph wind.  Nasty football weather, should make the hits hurt a lot more! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Ravens @ Denver...who you takin'?

I Think The Broncos Win, Pulling For Ravens, Dont Want The Pats Going To Denver......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I like the Ravens 23-20. I think the Broncos can be beat deep if Flacco is given time. Rice, 140 yards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

It's cool if the Ravens win and we get a home rematch but I'd like a Brady/Gomer match up as well. Goober's been getting great press (probably deservedly) but a Brady smackdown of Horseface in Denver sure would be sweet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Broncos

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The X-factor is Manning.  He has a history of not playing well in cold climes without the benefit of a dome.  He does have a better defense behind him, though, and the Ravens' offense is a Jekyll & Hyde one.  Which Flacco shows up?  I'd like to see Ravens so the Pats get the home field for the AFCCG, but, Manning in the playoffs at home.  NFL loves that too much!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The X-factor is Manning.  He has a history of not playing well in cold climes without the benefit of a dome.  He does have a better defense behind him, though, and the Ravens' offense is a Jekyll & Hyde one.  Which Flacco shows up?  I'd like to see Ravens so the Pats get the home field for the AFCCG, but, Manning in the playoffs at home.  NFL loves that too much!

[/QUOTE]

I believe you have struck the real determining factor, unfortunately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, I'm still taking Denver too.  I could see Baltimore making this a game if Manning lets the weather/playoff pressure get to him like he has in the past and if "Good Flacco" shows up.  You make a good point though, the NFL is loving Manning in the playoffs.  Wouldn't shock me if a crucial call or 2 goes Denver's way.  If Denver comes out and gets a lead early it's over, but if they let Baltimore hang around it could get very interesting late.  I'll take Denver 27-17.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the Ravens 23-20. I think the Broncos can be beat deep if Flacco is given time. Rice, 140 yards.

[/QUOTE]

Hope you are right.  I'd love to see Denver go 1 and done.  I don't think it's likely to happen, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to markes8336's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and not to set up excuses, but, I have watched Manning play in many games against many other teams and he just seems to get the calls no other QB gets.  Especially when he does those heaves and pray passes in which all the defender has to do is breath on the receiver and the yellow hanky comes out.  As I said, in games NOT against the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Manning in the playoffs at home.  NFL loves that too much!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Especially when he does those heaves and pray passes in which all the defender has to do is breath on the receiver and the yellow hanky comes out. 

[/QUOTE]

I was talking to some (bears fan) friends during the Ravens game, who know I am die hard Pats and I mentioned the same thing.. Payaton is the poster child of the NFL and if it came down to the Pats - Bronks. I stated the game would come down to at least 2 PI calls in Bronks favor One to be sure, sets them up for a first and goal (as Paytons bread butter is heave it up there and have the receiver stop in the way of the defender to draw the call. Notoroiously done in Indy). These friends say that is the stupidest thing they have heard. I rebutted with you dont see the Pats games as you're stuck watchin and dying with the bears. If I lose the bet, (nothing major nickel and dime SHEET)  that would be one bet I surely wont mind losing. I am  partial to the Pats, but it's been done too many times and Payton ALWAYS gets the call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

How often has Manning made it past the first round of the playoffs?  2003? 2004? 2006? Any others?  LOLOLOLOLOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Ravens are healthier, and they did not played bad on defense until flacco gave the game away whit the pick 6 !!!

i think it will be close... 

RAVENS 24 DENVER 21

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The more physical & hard hitting, the better Baltimore's chances are.  I hope this one can somehow turn into a slugfest.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

not a hard decision. though i despise the ravens dirty defensive tactics, i dislike pouting more-so i'll pull for the crow..

the ravens win they come to NE,

as for the cold it will help with the ravens relenting smash mouth defense. i can't think they'll let up on the pressure the rest of the playoffs. they will use the jersey jints blueprint on defense and hope to get lucky on offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Denver 24 - Ravens 21 ....Hopefully Raven hoodlums soften.up Denver just in time for.a visit from T Brady n the Bunch next week.

As much as i would like for Ravens to.win..i Can Not see the league allowing that to happen..The love horsehead/fetus head too much...im so sick.of hearing how he should get MVP ...Brady having a better year and doesnt get fair mention...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Denver 24 - Ravens 21 ....Hopefully Raven hoodlums soften.up Denver just in time for.a visit from T Brady n the Bunch next week.

As much as i would like for Ravens to.win..i Can Not see the league allowing that to happen..The love horsehead/fetus head too much...im so sick.of hearing how he should get MVP ...Brady having a better year and doesnt get fair mention...

[/QUOTE]

So if the Refs decide in Denvers favor what is to keep the refs from doing the same thing to the Pats when they go to Denver. I don't like a Pats-Denver matchup simply because of this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geez, everytime a Manning team wins in the playoffs people always seem to say its because of the refs.

Manning has a bad home record during in the playoffs. Don't think the NFL loves him at home that much

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Broncos win but don't cover the spread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For some reason I just can't find any faith in the Ravens going to Denver and playing.  Maybe if they were playing at home but they aren't.  I really think after a long season, playing in Denver the older guys on the Ravens are going to wear down somewhere around the middle of the 3rd qtr and that's when the Broncos put them away.  Broncos 34 Ravens 17

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'd love to pick the Ravens, but Peyton Manning is 9-2 against them.  The Ravens have never matched up against a Manning-led team.  If anything, the Broncos are better than the Colts because they can actually play a lick of defense, while the WR are younger and quicker than what was on the Colts teams.

Flacco didn't do anything that suggests he'll be able to do squat against the Broncos defense.  I think if anything, the game plan for Denver defensively, will be to focus on Rice/RB and make Flacco make the throws.  I don't think he can...

I'm going to say Denver wins 31-19...and it's not even that close.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Denver 28

Ravens 17

Manning gets at least two major PI calls by refs in game

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

God Thanks I watched a few games watching Denver and thought he got every call he wanted. I know the guy has a neck problem but I don't remember who he was playing he went down no head to head contact and yet he got a call for it.. I remember Tom getting hit and it was so apparent that it was helmet to helmet, Brady got up fuming and yet no call.. So I agree with you all. I would be nervous  playing them. The NFL loves that DORK.. I for one can't stand him.. The man would sell anything. I am sick of his mug all over.. 

Sections
Shortcuts