Ravens @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Ravens @ Patriots REPORT CARD

In Response to Re: Ravens @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]Hey "mighty," you're kinda new here to be calling names like that. TP calls it like he sees it, and he does it all season long - initiating some of the best threads on this board for people who actually know something about football (or not) and want to discuss/debate the games and the team in general. Some fans are pie in the sky, A+ every week, Pats can do no wrong types.  Others realize (as the Patriots do, and say every week) that there's always something that can be done better. These REPORT CARD threads are for people who realize the gift we have in the Patriots, and especially Tom Brady, and who want to crow about the many good things and kvetch about the bad - always with an eye toward doing better next week (or in this case, two weeks from now!). So - lay off, noob. And GO PATS!
    Posted by LJB064[/QUOTE]

"Mighty" is not new here...he's been posting here for years. I guess he just doesn't like me...LOL!!!  

He once accused me of being UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)! Do you believe it!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Tex you know there are people here who can't take the slightest critisism of Brady. The guy has a subpar ( for him ) game from time to time. He doesn't crap Godiva chocolates either. He'll use it as his preperation motivation for the next two weeks. It's what he does and why he doesn't have back to back bad games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

"Mighty" is not new here...he's been posting here for years. I guess he just doesn't like me...LOL!!!  

He once accused me of being UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)! Do you believe it!!

I remember Mighty claiming all the US soldiers in Iraq were "murderers" too, while defending Michael Vick! Don't know what he's been smoking or drinking, but he should lay off it. I thought the grades were on, even Tom admitted it was a bad day. Good thing he got it out of his system. He'll need to be at his best for the Giants. Once again they're the hottest team in January. They'll need some help from the defense, but Brady will need to be clicking with his weapons! Revenge would be nice, and to do it in Peyton's house would really irk Colts fans!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]  "Mighty" is not new here...he's been posting here for years. I guess he just doesn't like me...LOL!!!        He once accused me of being UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)! Do you believe it! ! I remember Mighty claiming all the US soldiers in Iraq were "murderers" too, while defending Michael Vick! Don't know what he's been smoking or drinking, but he should lay off it. I thought the grades were on, even Tom admitted it was a bad day. Good thing he got it out of his system. He'll need to be at his best for the Giants. Once again they're the hottest team in January. They'll need some help from the defense, but Brady will need to be clicking with his weapons! Revenge would be nice, and to do it in Peyton's house would really irk Colts fans!
    Posted by Bubthegrub12[/QUOTE]

Gronk's health is a huge concern. I heard that he was seen in the dreaded walking boot today.

To quote Yogi Berra...it seems like deva vu all over again!! In 2007, Brady had the boot. Now, it's Gronk. In 2007, the Giants were the hottest team in the NFL, while the Patriots had the gaudy winning streak (this year, it's 10 games in a row). But, unlike in 2007, the Giants beat the Pats in their regular season match-up.

Eli Manning is playing great. The Giants are going to be very tough to beat. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens @ Patriots REPORT CARD :      Go ahead. Make the argument that Brady played well. I dare you. I double dare you...LOL!!!  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Easy. They scored 23 points against a great defense that only allowed 30 points once all season. Brady had a subpar game for him but to act like it was a D is ridiculous. Flacco was throwing against the Pats secondary and Brady was throwing it against the Ravens secondary. Even ESPN has an article showing that Brady was better than you people are giving him credit for.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/37270/advanced-look-how-brady-bested-flacco

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]Yesterday's game reminded me of the "Tuck Rule" game in 2002. The Pats pulled it out with grit and good fortune. Unlike in SB XLII 2008, when everyone expected them to win, the Pats are now playing with house money. In this vein, Tom needs to play more relaxed. I'm hopeful that the expectations placed upon this Pats team, which won't be as high as in years past, will allow him to do so. This is a Giants team that lost 7 games in the regular season, including a loss to the Skins in NY. They are beatable.
    Posted by terminator-x[/QUOTE]

Good Perspective!

Also, I am glad we had this game this week (vs. SB game) and got through it. It is also fortunate we lost to the Giants in the regular season. We have the opportunity to use both games to learn from and improve. It is all a gift!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens @ Patriots REPORT CARD :  Easy. They scored 23 points against a great defense that only allowed 30 points once all season. Brady had a subpar game for him but to act like it was a D is ridiculous. Flacco was throwing against the Pats secondary and Brady was throwing it against the Ravens secondary. Even ESPN has an article showing that Brady was better than you people are giving him credit for. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/37270/advanced-look-how-brady-bested-flacco
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that Tom's mother wrote articles for ESPN. Thanks for the heads up. 

LOL!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens @ Patriots REPORT CARD :      I didn't know that Tom's mother wrote articles for ESPN. Thanks for the heads up.       LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

So your opinion is more valid than his because you write a report card on a pats chat board.

Sections
Shortcuts