Ravens better Defense this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ravens better Defense this season

then last season according to Rodney Harrison tonight.  We will find out week 16.  Will be interesting to keep an eye on them from now until then.  At least they won't have Pollard there knocking any Pats players out of the game/season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Ravens better Defense this season

No the Ravens stink, it's patently obvious from game one, because the first couple games are the barometer for the entire season according to the lilly livered, wussy posters here.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

No the Ravens stink, it's patently obvious from game one, because the first couple games are the barometer for the entire season according to the lilly livered, wussy posters here.

Well according to Rodney they are, did you see the discussion during the 49'ers Seahawks delay?  So it will be interesting to follow them and see what they do this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They might be, their offense kept them on the field against Denver too long after Jacoby Jones got hurt. First game of the season, in Denver(thinner air, faster to exhaust), with new players who'll need time to gel. They could be, but they're not yet.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Come on, dude. They lost so many players who had been there for years and two HOFers. Also, Webb is worse on the perimeter than inside.

Rodney proclaiming they're better after snuffing out lowly, rebuilding Cleveland at home? Come on.

That's an entirely new D, save for JImmy Smith, Suggs and Ngata.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the Patriots offense only lost it's top two receivers, multi-dimensional TE and third-down running back. Now the two of the guys who they had to replace them are injured. The Ravens beat the Browns more convincingly than the Patriots beat the Jets. (By the way, some quick internet research reveals the Courtney Upshaw, James Ihedigbo, Ladarius Webb, Arthur Jones, and Josh Bynes - all listed as starters - were all on the team last year so that means there are only three or four starters who are new to the team).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Well according to Rodney they are, did you see the discussion during the 49'ers Seahawks delay?  So it will be interesting to follow them and see what they do this season."

Well not according to Wozzy who seems to have fallen into the dreaded "bash the rest of hte forum for being the inappropriate kind of fan" mode. So much for nuance. 

I for one am very happy that we are 2-0 with two divisional wins. It means anything is still possible this year. I also think Belichick did some of his worst GM work with the receiving corps this year, an insult to Brady and the fans. And yeah, I can hold both these ideas in my head at the same time.  Brady himself needs to grow up and nurture the young guys along and play better himself. If he has a beef, it's with Belichick not with the youngters. And yeah, I can hold that idea in my head at the same time too. And I am willing to change my views if the young guys come around. 

So this "I'm postiive/the rest of you are negative bandwagoners" is simplistic, time wasting crud. 

As for the Ravens, their defense is going to be decent. I expect them to be in the AFC hunt. Their big loss was Boldin, he ate us alive and I won't miss him. There's no reason to think Baltimore won't be a factor when it's all said and done. That said, the loss of Lewis and Reed hurts them against the Pats in particular, and also against the Broncos, as they lose a big cerebral and leadership edge on D with those two guys gone.

Sections
Shortcuts