Ravens D Much Better Without Ray Lewis

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Ravens D Much Better Without Ray Lewis

His calling card was always his speed/power combo. From injuries and age, both are diminished. 

I have a secondary question, isn't platelet rich therapy performance enhancing? Why is it legal? Basically they take the blood out and spin it so that it separates into different parts and reinject the best part.  Blood doping is where they remove blood and store it and then reinject it at some future time. 

Maybe the question should be why is blood doping illegal?  Should be encouraged as far as I can see. It's your own blood. What's the problem? 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Blood doping is illegal. Platelet rich plasma therapy is legal.  I just don't understand why that is.

So if you want to blood dope, it's like old school steroids, dianabol and winstrol and such where guys who took it injected it themselves and took all sorts of risks. If you want to blood dope, you need to get some help and do it on the down low, instead of in a way that would be safer.

Blood doping is a misleading name because it implies there are illegal substances involved when there aren't, just blood.  I just don't get what the problem with it is, especially if we're OK with PRP?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Cortisone is performance enhancing, so is vicodin, so is caffeine, and for that matter food and water and lifting weights.  It's all in where they draw the line, which often makes no sense.  It's like when they gerrymander Congressional districts, the lines often don't follow any logical pattern.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This also means that Hines Ward cheated per the NFL and was never punished. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, technically he didn't cheat because PRP therapy is legal.  And it should be as far as I'm concerned. But so should blood doping.  So frankly, should adderal and HGH and testosterone, etc.

The stuff is legal, it's not heroine. If you or I want to take it, we can. Some of it requires a doctor and some is perfectly legal without a prescription.  I can go on the internet and have it delivered fedex if I want.  

None of it is harmful. If it helps these guys perform better or recover quicker, why do we not want the players on our team to take it? I hope Gronk is on PRP therapy and whatever else he can get away with.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Ravens are much worse than last year period.  I expect them (almost) to stagger to the division crown because they have a better conference record than Pittsburgh/Cincy and are two games ahead of Pitt/Cincy, but if they lost 3 of the next 4 games and flopped I'd understand.

Baltimore games aren't that watchable.  Their favorite play is the ref call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I believe his ability was always his leadership and emotion and they are better off with him on the sideline than at home.  If the HOF had a HOF, Lewis would be in it.  His time may be over but he created an identity for the Ravens.  Much like the Steelers, they are a defensive team and the fanbase will accept nothing less from now on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Lewis a step slower is still one of the most instinctive linebackers in the NFL. He at the very least can give you what Seau did here during his later years. Those types of leadership qualities and instincts are worth something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lewis a step slower is still one of the most instinctive linebackers in the NFL. He at the very least can give you what Seau did here during his later years. Those types of leadership qualities and instincts are worth something.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's about right. He has value and will next year assuming he comes back. But the problem is he won't accept a Seau type role in Baltimore. He's the man there, he can't become a part-time player.

Here's the other thing though, and I suppose it's the point of the article, the guys who have stepped in are better football players at this point. So if Lewis hangs on, it actually hurts them. That is, if he doesn't accept a lesser (Seau-type) role. And I just don't see how he can. 

He sort of reminds me of Bruschi the last year or so. He was clearly breaking down but still had his moments.  But there's a lot of ego and a lot of emotion on the part of the coaching staff that has to be dealt with before the guy finally cuts the chord.  Not an easy deal for Harbaugh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cortisone is performance enhancing, so is vicodin, so is caffeine, and for that matter food and water and lifting weights.  It's all in where they draw the line, which often makes no sense.  It's like when they gerrymander Congressional districts, the lines often don't follow any logical pattern.  

[/QUOTE]

Eloquently said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think those are misleading stats.

The first game Lewis missed was the first game Suggs came back.