Ravens defense even more depleted then thought.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Ravens defense even more depleted then thought.

We already knew Webb and Lewis are out for the season, but now there is news that Ngata has a sprained MCL and Ed Reed has a torn labrum. Suggs' may also not be available until mid november. Ngata and Reed will play in Houston, but obviously not at 100%. Unreal what has happened to that defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Ravens defense even more depleted then thought.

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We already knew Webb and Lewis are out for the season, but now there is news that Ngata has a sprained MCL and Ed Reed has a torn labrum. Suggs' may also not be available until mid november. Ngata and Reed will play in Houston, but obviously not at 100%. Unreal what has happened to that defense.

[/QUOTE]

Those are some big losses. Ngata missing time will hurt their run defense. Webb and Reed are what makes their secondary so tough. Suggs looks like he's out of shape too, at his age and the type of injury he suffered you wonder how effective he's going to be. They play the NFC EAST and still have the Giants and Eagles to play along with some tough divisional games. If the Patriots can get on track this weekend they could catch them by seasons end for the bye. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

At the beginning of the season I described Baltimore as an old team.  I've changed my mind.  The birds are becoming a younger, more resilient team, although somewhat earlier than their fans would have wanted. 

Remember Baltimore's winning field goal?  Baltimore's lucky-ducky home-field tiebreaker over the Pats might not become that important to the team come January. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree with Paul on this one. Old on D and the injuries take longer to heal. I might also add some players on Pittsburgh's D with Polamolu becoming Bob Sanders-lite. When you have an agressive D that is as aging, your team will experience some injuries. This one of the reasons (Lewis) why, I think, Ozzie targeted Hightower and eventually selected Courtney Upshaw. Pittburgh released some of their LBs before the draft. Pittsburgh needs to rebuild its O Line and will eventually lose some players on D. Ozzie will half to partially overhaul some of his D to compete when he loses HOFers Lewis and Reed. No real guarantee that he drafts players as great as Lewis and Reed are at their positions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They have this guy back though!

Sections
Shortcuts