Raven's fans are already crying....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Raven's fans are already crying....

Listening to a local sports talk show here in Baltimore, the host is definitely stoking the fires about how the Ravens will get the shaft from the zebras!  All the talk is about game 4, their loss, the penalties blah blah blah.  Here is the set up question the host:  "Do you think the Ravens will get a fair shake from the referees up in Foxboro?"  What do you think most Raven's fans are saying?  "H**L no!!"  So, be prepared for the penalty flag excuse to fly all over the place when the Raven's lose this Sunday!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Raven's fans are already crying....

It's not like they haven't had lots of yelklow laundry tossed at them during games this season, especially LATE in losses. Zebra consipracy in play there?

Like the irritating kid at the playground, slap 'em around until they stop their crying and whining. I'd even make them get me a beer.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Bill, Here's the funny part. The Patriots most likely are going to get the calls Sunday so let tears rain down. I'll be laughing with every call we get and I can only hope Brady talks a ref into a roughing the passer call. Record talk radio after that and put link up. That's entertainment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AZ.. and what is even funnier, no one talks about Mason's dropped ball that may have meant a different ending.  When you lose, you focus on the "other" reasons you lost and forget the faux pas plays.  While when you win, all those bad calls are forgotten!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Could I hope for a 12" blast, like when the Cardinals didn't want to come out of the tunnel last year for the 3rd quarter? 

Don't worry about the Refs throwing yellow flags, Ravens fan's should worry about their team throwing a white flag!

Let it snow!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

I'd cry to if I lived in Baltimore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Ravens are talented at one thing:  they hit people ok.  Then they sometimes get flagged.  So, their road to victory leads through working the refs.  Hopefully the refs will get tired of this bad zebra litany that we heard from Baltimore after the first game, and they'll just call the penalties as they see them.

Not that I trust the refs to be mobster free, or certain players either.  The corrupt game calling business usually involves two or more bogus 7-point game-breaking type of calls.  There will be heavy betting on this game, so a million dollar payoff would be nothing for a mobster if it got good results.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

THEY'VE BEEN ONE OF THE 

MOST PENALIZED TEAMS 

ALL YEAR!!!!!!!

It's not like any flag for sloppy or cheap play on Sunday will be an isolated incident.  This team has a record of executing poorly, taking cheap shots, and losing its cool in the heat of battle.

No matter what happens, don't blame the refs (unless the Pats get phantom pass interference :-P )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

From Bob Ryan in another article talking about the first time these  teams met--"He also knows the 27-21 victory his team had over the Ravens in Week 4 was sprinkled in pixie dust. There but for some dubious roughing-the-passer calls, some equally dubious pass interferences, and a sure first-and-goal at the 5 drop by Mark Clayton goes a big fat “L’’ for his team."....I cannot believe that Patriot fans who think everyone including the refs, commissioner, rules committe are all out to get them have the cajones to berate Ravens people about not getting a fair shake. Some of you here are absolute jokes. It's OK for you to complain on a daily basis about unfair treatment but anyone else..NO. What a laugh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Shame on them!  We'd never talk about getting shafted by the zebras around here.  They could learn a lot from us.  Oh wait, I forgot about the Colts games... Yeah, but we really are getting hosed, they aren't... :^)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Interesting shot at Raven fans, what with all the whining we heard from Pat fans about calls in the Colt game.  Heck, you had weekly whiny posts about Colt calls when the Colts were playing OTHER teams!  I almost hope the Raven fans do whine about calls in this game, so I can hear Enoch and the others ironically call them whiners.  It'll be the ultimate in hypocracy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Just like the Colts whining after a early playoff exit. 2006 was the exception and not the rule in Indy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

hey raveness fans what about all those penelaties in the steelers and packers game, i dont think those were the pats u guys were playin, s**t u guys barely beat the chiefs and browns but u think u can come in our house and talk crap i thinks not

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

All fans around the league whine about their teams from time to time. It's this holier than thou attitude that some people/trolls who come on to this board and boast makes them come off as plain old arrogant AH's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d815870ee/Path-to-the-Playoffs-Patriots

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"The difference is when the Pats play the Colts and we get all those phantom PI calls the refs come out after and say they made a mistake."

I don't know about that, Sammy.  I didn't hear about the refs apologizing for the 4th and 2 spot or the penalty that you guys like to refer as a "phantom PI" call.  Y'all whined bloody sphincter about those, and yet they seemed to survive the league's review...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"I think "JulesWinfield" and her insecure bretheren should learn how to spell.  That Indy game was HIGHWAY ROBBERY and that was not the first time in Indy that mysterious events happened out of nowhere, sweets. Do some research and you'll see what I mean.  Very mysterious the only games NE runs into completely off the wall officiating is IN INDIANAPOLIS. Meanwhile, Baltimore behaves like THUGS every game. Get it? See the difference? "

Russ - If you ever try to goad someone about their spelling, you really need to make sure everything in your post is spelled correctly.  Otherwise, it makes you look silly.  You and your BRETHREN should remember that.

Zdeno - Thanks.  I always considered myself the ultimate troll.  I don't ever recall gloating.  After the Colt win against NE this year I only remember taking barbs at whiners who blamed officials for the loss...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

BREAKING NEWS;

After last performance or lack there of and wimping out in the face of a tough game Colt McCoy has changed his name to  Gelding McCoy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Yeah, I remember that one.  I agree that was not PI.  Bad call.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

AHOLEON!!   HOW ARE YA,  EATEN  HOT DOG LATELY?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Same reason anyone comes here: I enjoy it.  It's fun to discuss things with the reasonable fans, and goad the unreasonable ones.  I enjoy being called names when reason fails...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Russ,
    Thanks for illustrating what the good sports were just saying about how pitiful it is when fans blame the refs.  Lame.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

AGS,

Come on! Where have you been for teh past 5-10 years or so? Haven't you noticed that when things go right, it's all because of what YOU did. But, when they don't, it's because ofwhat someone else did/didn't do. It's called "Take No Responsibility". That dropped pass had absolutely nothing to do with that loss. Why, even if he did hang on to the ball, they probably weren't going to score on teh next play because of some pats defense induced false start penalty against the Birds. Everyone has an excuse when things go bad. Check out the judicial system.

LMFAO!  It's NEVER your fault.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

MVP,

Count me in on this penalty whining thing. No one can ever convince me that an entire game can turn on one call. Sure, all the media and self professed will look at a final outcome and point to a time when the determining points were put up on, or kept off the board, due to a bad penalty call. That's hindsight. What about the other 75 plays that the Pats didn't score on? Or the other plays when the defense either dropped a possible INT, or booted a fumble out of bounds without having possession, or just missed recovering a fumble?  

But, the proof of all this whining comes when teh Pats get "blessed" with a questionable call actually going in their favor. Do we all yell, scream, and jump up and down proclaiming that the win was bogue due to the bad call? Do we start threads such as "Pat's Get Bogus Call; Earn Undeserved Win" on that seemingly rare ecent?

A GOOD team keeps itself out of the potential for having a bad call made against them. For a long time, the Fins were the ultimate team in avoiding penalties. They also won a lot. There's a lesson in there.

Sections
Shortcuts