Raven's fans are already crying....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Raven's fans are already crying....

And yet Russ, I've never seen you or anyone else suggest that the pats got the benefit of the doubt on that Gaffney (one foot in bounds) TD in the 06 AFCCG.  Sure he was pushed out, but the foot that was in bounds, within an inch of the line was his inside foot.  In order to actually come down in bounds, his foot would have needed to come down, cross over his other leg or land on top of it, before his butt hit the ground out of bounds.

The point - calls go both ways. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Remember the turn of the century,  when the Ravens actually had a bad@ss defense and could legitimately strike fear into an opponent (like Blue New Jersey, for instance)?

Remember that?

Ravens fan remembers it, too. Except he thinks it was yesterday.

More's the pity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

bn34,

Just like the "Couldn't Wait To See Them" "conspiracy" posts when teh Colts rolled over vs the JESTS! Other than a chance at perfection, that game was meaningless. Yet, some Pats posters have this right up there with the Grassy Knoll and Deep Throat. (Of course the national media, spearheaded by the Alphabet Network, agree with this conspiracy, only because the Colts took a potential HUGE story away from them. After all, they don't report the story, they want to and actually believe that THEY are the story.)

THEN, when Welker goes down in game #16, a meaningless game after the division and the #3 slot was clinched, they SHOULD have sat him out. I'm a long time Pats fan, but I can't for the life of me believe the double standard! The line forms for penalty whiners on game day, yet NO ONE posts how the Pats didn't deserve a win due to a call going their way.

Welker doesn't get hurt last week, but goes down this coming Sunday at the same time of the game, are all of us Pats fans going to be happy as h e l l because he got hurt in a meaningful game? When/if Ray Ray gets flagged for unnecessary roughness (not a reach on this) late in the 4th qtr with a solid tackel on a 4th and 3 play that stopped a Pats drive at the 50 yard line (and kept the TD drive alive), are we Pats fans going to scream at the TV, call NFL hdqtrs, riot in the streets, and post that the Pats didn't deserve the win? Somehow, I doubt it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

bn34,

Another classic example of a "questionable call" whine came last year in Indy, when, after scoring a late TD to go ahead, the TE Thomas puts on a floor show in the end zone celebration. 15 yard penalty on the kickoff, and Payaton gets a short field. There was no where near the angst on Thomas as there should have been. There should have been an armed march on Foxboro, including torches and pitchforks to get him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

what a bunch of hypocrites on this board ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"Count me in on this penalty whining thing. No one can ever convince me that an entire game can turn on one call. Sure, all the media and self professed will look at a final outcome and point to a time when the determining points were put up on, or kept off the board, due to a bad penalty call. That's hindsight. What about the other 75 plays that the Pats didn't score on? Or the other plays when the defense either dropped a possible INT, or booted a fumble out of bounds without having possession, or just missed recovering a fumble?"  

AZPAT; A game can't turn on one call? That's absurd. Did you catch the 2007 superbowl?
    One call involves one play. You can't say that if asante hangs onto the ball or if holding was called on the giants 4th down the outcome would not have changed!
    Of course it would have.

You're injecting something completely irelevant into the argument; all possible outcomes that didn't happen on all other plays in the game. Why even bring up things that could have happened? They have no bearing on the one play in question, unless they actually did happen.

We're talking about the outcome that did happen on one play and what the outcome would have been had it happened differently. Often that different outcome is determinitive of the outcome of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Fond memories of the Ravens...

At some point during the game on Sunday there will be mention, and maybe some tape of the Patriots Ravens Monday night game in 2007. Which was the highest rated MNF of all time as the Patriots chased the perfect modern day season.

In that infamous game the Ravens assistant coach decided to be the head coach and call a time out and give the Pats a new life on a 4th and 1 offensive drive, then a holding call led to a first down, which led to a Jabar Gaffney touchdown which itself was challenged and upheld. One of the Baltimore players got so mad after the Gaffney touchdown he got a unsportsman, then he picks up the flag a chucks it into the stands.

So there is a history that has much controversy that the Ravens can complain about. This should be a great game. 

Possible headlines in MD papers on Monday: Ravens catch bird flu, Ravens cry out of playoffs, Patriots make Ravens extinct for 09.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Jabar Gaffney catching a TD with 44 seconds left on the game clock, December 3rd, 2007. Final score Patriots 27 Ravens 24

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Someone tell the Raven fans not to worry, the refs will throw a yellow flag at Patriot safety James Sanders if he even rib-tickles a receiver this week.  The commish just hit Sanders with a $7,500 fine for his second flagrant in two weeks.  I guess you can't get away with anything these days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This from Peter Schmuc (that is his name...I kid you not. I had to drop the "k" at the end of his name due to the silly Mods) of the Baltimore Sun:

News item: The New England Patriots are favored by about a field goal in Sunday's playoff showdown with the Ravens at Gillette Stadium.
    My take: That means that both teams are pretty evenly matched, so the game probably will come down to how well Tom Brady is able to exploit the Ravens' secondary.
    Bonus take: OK, who am I kidding? I've heard the officiating crew is going to just give him his own penalty flag for this game.

Listen to Peter Schmuc when he hosts "Sportsline" on WBAL (1090 AM) and check out "The Schmuc Stops Here" at baltimoresun.com/schmuckblog. 

Peter Schmuc..."k". Never has a man been more aptly named...LOL!!! Had to drop the "k" from his last name due to the silly computerized moderator system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Ravens haven't stop whining over the roughing the passer calls that went against them last time they played the Pats. Apparently, there's joy in Ravenville, as the officiating crew that will call todays' game has called very few roughing penalties over the course of the season. Heres' an article from the Baltimore Sun on it:

"Based on officiating trends, the Ravens won't have to worry about roughing-the-passer penalties when they play the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady in the playoffs.The officiating crew that will oversee today's game - which is headed by Gene Steratore - has called three roughing-the-passer penalties in 15 games this season. Only three officiating crews called fewer in the 2009 regular season.

RESPONSE: Big yup!! What a bunch of crybabies.

Three months ago, it was Ron Winter's crew that flagged the Ravens twice for roughing the passer. His group led the NFL with nine roughing-the-passer penalties this season.

RESPONSE: During this decade, the Ravens have been one of, if not the dirtiest team in the league...specializing in cheap shots. In that first match-up with the Pats, Raven defenders seemed to be deliberately going at Tom Brady's knees.  

Asked about the public perception that the Ravens have to battle the Patriots as well as the officials, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said: "We don't believe in that. We've got a tough, hard-nosed, hard-playing bunch of guys. We play good, clean football. It's an intense game, but we expect to play a good, smart game."

RESPONSE: The "public perception" that the Ravens have to battle the Patriots as well as the officials"??...LOL!!! Says who...the populace of the state of Maryland?? These are the Patriots...not the Indianapolis Colts.  

Steratore's group has also called 10 pass-interference penalties, which is the sixth-fewest among the 17 full-time officiating crews in the NFL.

RESPONSE: It will be interesting to see what officiating crew draws the Indy game next week.

What a bunch of wimps!! Look you crabcake eating knuckleheads, you got beat last time, fair and square. If you're looking for someone to blame, why not blame WR Mark Clayton for dropping a pass on a 4th down play, with about a minute remaining in that game? A catch there would have given your dirty birds a first and ten in the redzone...and a shot at a win. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

maybe if they were not the most penalized teams in the NFL,
    maybe if they didn't blow games this in the 4th quarter with stupid penalties they might have won their division.
    Other than that the only other teams that cry like that were the Raiders, Don Shula with the snow game.
    Ray Lewis is a freakin criminal, he hates getting caught and when he does it wasn't his fault!..lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Nice photo!

I forgot how good Jabar Gaffney looked in a Pats uniform.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

..and if you make it past them today, the whiners will be out in full force in anticipation of your next game. You clowns have real b#lls call other team's fans crying when you own the patent for it. every one is against you, everyone hates you, blah blah blah

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

THEY ARENT CRYIN NOW !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

They let them get away with dirty hits all day...the Ravens are dirty s..c..u..m..b..a..g..s and their coach is a cry baby, I can't believe I am saying this but I hope the Colts crush them...they don't deserve anything.