Ravens in 2013

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Ravens in 2013

I think they can keep 2 of 3 meaning Ellerbee, Reed and Boldin. Similar situation to the Pats pre Brady new extension. I think they really want to keep Ellerbee....toss up between Reed and Boldin with the Ravens leaning Reed.

I think Kruger is gone. Not a big fan of his as an every down player, but some one will over pay him imo.

Jacoby Jones may and up free as well...would the Pats have interest?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Maybe he'll restructure his deal in a couple of years and get himself more guaranteed money like Brady did.You know for the team of course

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Isn't the cap suppossed to increase by somewhere around 8-10 million after these two "flat cap" years? If so that would mean most teams will just push what they owe now, into two years from now on guys they deem worthy retaining. So I really don't think it's a matter of the Ravens deciding they are going for it again - I just think it's business as usual as teams work their way around the salary cap. Happens every year in some way or another.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Isn't the cap suppossed to increase by somewhere around 8-10 million after these two "flat cap" years?

There are lots of articles out there about how that is far from guaranteed.  All depends on TV revenue.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Had a business lunch meeting today.  After we were through with business we had a few mins to discuss football; 2 Pats fans and a Ravens fan.  Ravens guy pretty knowledgeable and rational about the last couple of years.  He sees Flacco deal being redone no more than 2 years down the road.  Does not see Ravens re-signing Kruger, Reed, Boldin or Jacoby Jones.  Sees Ravens D as not suffering too deeply even with Kruger, Reed and Lewis leaving.  Likes Flacco but doesn't see him as 'elite' whatever that means.  

For what it's worth.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The Ravens will factor in somewhere, as will Denver, Houston, maybe Pittsburgh, a surprise team, who knows. But the chances they go on the sort of run they did this year are not that great.  It rarely happens that way two years in a row.

The last team to appear in the Super Bowl in consecutive years was the Pats in '03/'04. I wouldn't bank on the Ravens being there again next year. They were far from a great team and they were a couple of lucky breaks from not sniffing the Super Bowl this year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

given Flaccos age, it is fairly obvious the Ravens will extend him after year 3, and see Flacco as someone they will stay with for the next 6-8 years.

Ravens, as most teams are assuming, cap will be in that $127-$129 range in 2015. No guarantee, but that seems to be what is "assumed" at this time. Next years cap is $123, so $127-$129 is a few percentage points higher. Seems reasonable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yeah only counting for 6.8 this year against cap.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Really? Lose pro-bowl OLB (Kruger) ILB (Lewis) Safety (Reed) and the D will be as good as ever? Listen I like Ngata as much as the next guy, but this Ravens fan is counting on alot of part time players (Upshaw) producing exceptionally well. I read 29m and I think 25% of your cap is devoted to one player. Obviously that # could change, but still a ton of money.

Have they franchised anyone?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Really? Lose pro-bowl OLB (Kruger) ILB (Lewis) Safety (Reed) and the D will be as good as ever? Listen I like Ngata as much as the next guy, but this Ravens fan is counting on alot of part time players (Upshaw) producing exceptionally well. I read 29m and I think 25% of your cap is devoted to one player. Obviously that # could change, but still a ton of money.

Have they franchised anyone?

If this was in response to my earlier post, he didn't say as good as ever.  He acknowledged they'd take a hit but, and this is as close to a direct quote as I can recall:

Sees Ravens D as not suffering too deeply even with Kruger, Reed and Lewis leaving. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well if they are able to make a deep playoff run next year, this was a smart move....if not, they really gambled away the future for nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts