Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error

I can only assume this was most perfectly officiatied game in the history of the NFL.

Usually you can at least find some missed holding call, or maybe an off sides that was missed but they best they can come up with is that the kicker didn't know it was fourth down?

How about anytime you are down by 3 with less than a minute the kicker is ready. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

Re: Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error

In Response to Re: Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error:
    [QUOTE]This guy is just making excuses to keep his job
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Poor Ravens.
    Sorry, you can't touch this!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

so glad u started this. was going to do it this morning but i have an initiative quota. mut and merloni had a great segment on it. check out the archive. for all of u beefing with randy brown, just know that he's the mayor of EPSON TOWNSHIP, NJ. he coached in philly and likely grew up a jets fan. u would be pulled over with a pats sticker in his town.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

If I could see from my couch that Cundiff was late getting on the field, than I think the Ravens probably could have noticed this as well.  Call a timeout.

Regarding "iceing your own kicker", it was a 30 yard kick, giving him more time to think about it is probably a good thing.  The Dallas one was like 48 or something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

It's just too easy for the media, current as well as retired NFL players from other teams to use the cheating excuse to justify them knocking the Patriots. Heck it's only Wednesday and we've already seen several articles written bringing up spygate, and now this. It's nice to see a team admit it was not the case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Why is the whole fumble forward thing being brought up?  I could be wrong but hasn't that rule been around since forever?

If it wasn't than a player could just toss the ball forward and out of bounds every play to get an extra ten or twenty yards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

SCOREBOARDGATE!!!!!!!!!! Hey Raven fans, call 1-800-waaaaaaaaaa

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error:
    [QUOTE]Why is the whole fumble forward thing being brought up?  I could be wrong but hasn't that rule been around since forever? If it wasn't than a player could just toss the ball forward and out of bounds every play to get an extra ten or twenty yards.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I think it was changed after the Raiders holy roller game back in the 70's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

The referee signals what down it is by his fingers_two fingers for second, etc. That's so you'll know what down it is. Everybody in the stadium knew what down it was. They weren't looking at the scoreboard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

sore losers, grasping for straws, looking for any excuse for losing to the patriots. outside of the patriot fan base people are very jealous of all of the success over the years. its been a long run and doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Kicking consultant? One level above jock strap technician in NFL team hierarchy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error : I think it was changed after the Raiders holy roller game back in the 70's.
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was. The "fumble forward in the final 2 minutes" rule has been around for more than 30 years.

The Holler Roller Game produced my all-time favorite football play-by-play snippet: "....Madden's on the field; he wants to know if it's true; the refs tell him yes, get your big butt out of here!...There's nothing real in the world anymore!"

And that was the Raiders' radio guy making the call. Imagine how the San Diego radio guy must have reacted...LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Jesus Christmas man...i wasn't at the stadium and didn't need to see the yard markers to know it was 4th down.  Harbaugh got it right and I commend him for calling it nonsense. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

On Sunday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh gave Ravens kicking consultant Herman Shankmeyer a shove on national television

Well Herman is a hard guy to argue with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Ravens Kicking Consultant Says 'You Can't Rule Anything Out' With Patriots' Role in Scoreboard Error:
    [QUOTE]What the Fruck? http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bdzj0 Baltimore Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff faced the music in the moments immediately after the AFC Championship on Sunday against the Patriots. The veteran kicker said that there was "no excuse" for the missed 32-yard field goal in the final seconds, a field goal that would have sent the game to overtime.  Yet, in the days following the game, Cundiff and the Ravens have offered a couple of "excuses," the biggest of which had to do with a misunderstanding in regards to the scoreboard. As the story goes, Cundiff was late in getting on the field because he didn't know what down it was when the Gillette Stadium scoreboard displayed the wrong down. Now, a member of the Ravens organization isn't ruling out that the Patriots may have been behind the whole thing. "The scoreboard was one down behind, the entire last three plays, from what we understand," Ravens kicking coordinator Randy Brown told  Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team  on 94 WIP on Tuesday, according to CBSPhilly.com.  Brown was then asked if he thought the scoreboard issue could have been intentional on part of the Patriots.  "I don't know," he responded, "I don't think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?" Brown responded. Brown was also asked about the prospects of head coach John Harbaugh calling a time out to give the Ravens a chance to get things together before the attempt. "With kickers, I think we learned with [Dallas Cowboys head coach] Jason Garrett this year, you don't want to call time out to ice your own kicker. ... It was our belief that he was ready." You can hear the entire interview by clicking here . (Hat tip to Larry Brown Sports )
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

Isn't it the Ref's responsibility to notice those things?  Can't remember what game it was when the snow plow carved out some ice so that the patriots kicker could kick his FG.   Miami?

Anyways....if it was done on purpose....bravo for the scorekeeper...lolLaughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

from now on, call him CUN-WHIFF

Sections
Shortcuts