Ravens-Patriots Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ravens-Patriots Thoughts

ravens-pats rivalry is great. love it. not the same with Lewis and Reed gone but big mouth suggs is still there and running his mouth. I love playing the ravens, everygame is great

problem is... to me, they have our number. only team in the league that does. we've been beat by them 2 times and should've been 3.

we need to make a statement to the ravens and the NFL that our team is a legit team that can beat anyone up and ball.

this game is huge. before the season i had Denver, Atlanta and Saints as L's and said we would beat ravens for the sole fact that we gotta take back the AFC. and im sticking to it

thoughts:

• first, it all starts by stopping the run. if we can't do this to a struggling Rice, its over. we'll lose.
    • then, its all about getting pressure on flacco. Balt. has some fast azz WRs and if we can get to Flacco quick they cant get downfield and we can slow down the pass. not to mention flacco is b@nged up at the k nee. put some pressure around his legs and he will get antsy and force throws....
    • on offense... please please please consistently stick to the run. the lions were able to do it and we should be too. the key is sticking to it. especially in the redzone....
    • about the redzone, need to take adv. of opportunities and run it more inside the 20's.

all in all i expect to see the PAtriots come out with some fire in the 1st which we havent seen since the carolina game. i think BB and TB hate Balt. and they want this one more than anything. heck, win this week and we win the divison and put ourselves into postion for the bye! not an actual "must win" but im looking at it this way.

let's get it baby.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Ravens-Patriots Thoughts

yeah gonna be tough

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I pretty much agree with melwitts.  I think home field matters a lot in this rivalry.  Wish this one was on our turf.  Game will likely be close, but Baltimore has the momentum right now.  I think their defense will make things very, very tough on our offense, and I expect Flacco to do just enough.  Hope I'm wrong, but I think we get nipped here, but win next week to still get into the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ravens-pats rivalry is great. love it. not the same with Lewis and Reed gone but big mouth suggs is still there and running his mouth. I love playing the ravens, everygame is great

problem is... to me, they have our number. only team in the league that does. we've been beat by them 2 times and should've been 3.

we need to make a statement to the ravens and the NFL that our team is a legit team that can beat anyone up and ball.

this game is huge. before the season i had Denver, Atlanta and Saints as L's and said we would beat ravens for the sole fact that we gotta take back the AFC. and im sticking to it

thoughts:

• first, it all starts by stopping the run. if we can't do this to a struggling Rice, its over. we'll lose.
    • then, its all about getting pressure on flacco. Balt. has some fast azz WRs and if we can get to Flacco quick they cant get downfield and we can slow down the pass. not to mention flacco is b@nged up at the k nee. put some pressure around his legs and he will get antsy and force throws....
    • on offense... please please please consistently stick to the run. the lions were able to do it and we should be too. the key is sticking to it. especially in the redzone....
    • about the redzone, need to take adv. of opportunities and run it more inside the 20's.

all in all i expect to see the PAtriots come out with some fire in the 1st which we havent seen since the carolina game. i think BB and TB hate Balt. and they want this one more than anything. heck, win this week and we win the divison and put ourselves into postion for the bye! not an actual "must win" but im looking at it this way.

let's get it baby.

[/QUOTE]

They only started to have our number when Flacco was let loose. In the past they have always held our offense in check but they couldnt score on us. I recall the rainy game in gillette that was a field goal game. There is no run game, all on Flacco. To me the same thing Brady has faced in SB. so BB should have an easy time making Flaccos life hard the way I see it. Best coach in history of football, Genius, 30 years experience coaching...He NEEDS to win this game by outcoaching Harbaugh or lets dead the genius talk. I believe he can

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

"Hoping" they'll win AND "claiming" they'll win is the difference between fandom and fantastical thinking.

So, I hope they'll win even though I doubt it.  Beat Buffalo and hope home field buys them 1 playoff win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Also why cant we pick on that bum Idehebo? He sure didnt have any range when he played here. He is agressive and we need to use that against him and the other safety is a rookie. Time to Get it Done!  They beat us AT home last year to go to the Chip. We can return the favor. Gotta win on the road at some point or its a wrap. NY aint home...

Ihedebo! He gives up as many plays as he makes. Remember when he tipped the ball to A.J. Green in the endzone?  Attack his A55!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also why cant we pick on that bum Idehebo? He sure didnt have any range when he played here. He is agressive and we need to use that against him and the other safety is a rookie. Time to Get it Done!  They beat us AT home last year to go to the Chip. We can return the favor. Gotta win on the road at some point or its a wrap. NY aint home...

Ihedebo! He gives up as many plays as he makes. Remember when he tipped the ball to A.J. Green in the endzone?  Attack his A55!!!

[/QUOTE]

agree. matt elam is alot bettrer than him. attack him. we know his weaknesses get at him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Patriots win big, the Raven aren't the same team as last year by a long shot.   The pressure is on and that's when Brady plays his best!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Patriots win big, the Raven aren't the same team as last year by a long shot.   The pressure is on and that's when Brady plays his best!

[/QUOTE]

bold statement! i like it! but just dont see it. we've played almost every game this year close. i expect that pattern to continue

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bold statement! i like it! but just dont see it. we've played almost every game this year close. i expect that pattern to continue

[/QUOTE]

Ravens don't score a ton of points, they rely too much on the D to bail them out.  Brady is going to be on fire in this game after the loss to Miami.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

To be pithy:

We lose...not by much , but we lose...

[/QUOTE]

That pith me off :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ravens don't score a ton of points, they rely too much on the D to bail them out.  Brady is going to be on fire in this game after the loss to Miami.  

[/QUOTE]

our defense doesnt match up well vs. them. tall fast Wrs.... they scare me and so does the D.... the o line is now decimated and the ravens have a good front 7

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Both the Patriots and the Ravens are really hurting.  However, the Patriots have had time to adjust somewhat. 

Joe Flacco may or may not be what he was before the last offensive play of the last game, when he got hurt.  He claimed that he didn't need an MRI but that wasn't the truth soon after.  Then he claimed that the MRI showed a "mild sprain" but he's wearing a brace a week later.  Uh huh!

Ray Rice isn't Ray Rice.  Last Monday he could accelerate but he still couldn't cut.  This week there's something new.  He aggravated his old injury last Monday night and he couldn't practice Wednesday, and that's unusual for him.  Also, he was idly talking about retiring "when he is thirty".  Now why would he bring that up?   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Everyone is picking against the Pats....you think they don't know that? Pats win a slugfest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

To be pithy:

We lose...not by much , but we lose...

[/QUOTE]

We lose win...not by much , but we lose win...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots win. crows can score some fgs, but not enough to win

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At the end of the day, when another W goes up on the record, it will be a fine day in deed.  Just a few more executed offensive plays and the D to make some key stops.  The difference not realized last week.

Sections
Shortcuts