Ravens still a class act to follow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Ravens still a class act to follow

Baltimore Ravens rookie linebacker Sergio Kindle, who sat out this season after fracturing his skull in a preseason fall down two flights of steps, was arrested and charged with drunken driving early Sunday morning, www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-kindle-arrest-20101226,0,7215987.story" target="_blank">the Baltimore Sun reported.

Kindle was pulled over at 4:09 a.m. after an officer observed his vehicle weaving as he drove northbound on Route 1 near Route 32 in Savage, Maryland, about 12 miles south of Baltimore in Howard County. He was ticketed for speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to obey traffic control devices, the newspaper reported. Court records obtained by the Sun show he was taken into custody and released after posting $10,000 bond.

When reached Sunday night, Kindle told the Sun he was driving home with friends, one of whom had to catch an early flight. He said he had informed team security about the arrest and apologized to the team.

"I just want to apologize to the organization, because I don't want to bring a negative light to the team," he said. "It was my mistake. I can't take it back now. I don't know what's going to happen from here."

The arrest comes several days after Kindle met with doctors at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore and wasn't given good news about his neurological condition, sustained when he fell down two flights of stairs in late July at a friend's house in Austin, Texas.

"It's up in the air from what they tell me," Kindle said Wednesday. "Basically, they're just saying they don't know. They haven't dealt with an injury like mine before. They can't really give me a yes or a no with confidence.

"Next year, I thought it would be a no-brainer, but from what the doctors telling me, it could be different."

Signed to a one-year, $320,000 contract with no signing bonus or incentives, Kindle, a second-round pick who is currently on the reserve non-football injury list, is scheduled to be an exclusive-rights free agent next year. The Ravens can hold onto Kindle's rights if they want to tender him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Ravens still a class act to follow

They just don't THINK, do they?

But, you've got to feel for the guy...  such a promising career possibly lost forever all for losing your footing going down a flight of stairs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't get it, what does this have to do with the Ravens? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I feel for the guy regarding his injury.  Also, young people make mistakes re: DUI.

I don't think this reflects on the Ravens.  Not that I think highly of that particular franchise.

I do wonder how a person falls down TWO flights of stairs.

Does this mean he fell from the third floor all the way down to the first or from the second to the first floor two times?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When this stair-falling incident happened, I remember somedbody posted a thread wondering how one goes about falling down two flights of stairs. I could make a guess as to how that happens, and I might also suggest that this kid should be getting help with something besides his physical therapy.

Of course, it's not really any of my business.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens still a class act to follow:
    [QUOTE]When this stair-falling incident happened, I remember somedbody posted a thread wondering how one goes about falling down  two flights of stairs. I could make a guess as to how that happens, and I might also suggest that this kid should be getting help with something besides his physical therapy. Of course, it's not really any of my business.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I think you're right prairie mike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

MO- expect them to be Pat's toughest playoff opponent. One reason- salety Ed Reed is back, and played today very well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I disagree. Ed Reed is playing CLeveland today.  Yes, I know Cleveland ran all over NE, but Ed Reed is nowhere near what he was prior to that injury and Landry has had an off year.

I had Balt as the AFC winner this year, but their secondary was the Achilles' heel and still is, in my opinion.

Ed Reed is the best Safety I have seen next to Lott and can get by with his instinct and experience, but he's clearly lost a step which has led to breakdowns for that team.

It's happened all year, actually.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sounds like just their kind of guy.  Brain damaged alcoholic.  Maybe he can learn to trash talk, too.  Look forward to beating the Ravens into the turf in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

Cunningham or Kindle?  Looks like BB made the right choice again.

Sections
Shortcuts