Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft

No doubt...that's how Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Ray Rice, John Harbaugh, and the rest of the Buzzards see the Pats. After bullying Brady and the Boys, 33-14, two years ago in Foxboro, they come into this game with a bully's mentality. It's up to the Pats to knock that chip off their shoulder, and reclaim their manhood...that was taken from them during that playoff loss. 

For those of you who have forgotten, the Ravens kicked sand in the Patriots' face by scoring on their very first play from scrimmage...an 83 yard TD run by an untouched Ray Rice...right over Vince Wilfolk. The Buzzards went on to outscore the Pats, 24-0, in the first quarter, alone. Here's a summary of perhaps the worst, most embarrassing quarter of football, in Patriots' history: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=300110017

For the game, here are a few stats to chew on:

1.) Passing Game:

a.) Ravens' QB Joe Flacco completed just 4 of 10 passes, for 34 yards, and a pick. He finished with a passing rating of 10.
         b.) Tom Brady completed 23 of 42 passes for a paultry 154 yards, 2 TDs, 3 interceptions, and a passer rating of 49.1;

2.) Running Game:

a.) Ray Rice rushed for 159 yards, and scored 2 TDs, on 22 carries.
         b.) Kevin Faulk was the Pats' leading rushere, with 52 yards on 14 carries;

3.) Defensive "Highlights":

a.) Ray Lewis had 13 tackles, and a sack. For the game, Tom Brady was sacked three times, and lost a fumble. Ed Reed Duwan Landry, and Chris Carr intercepted Brady;
         b.) After getting run over on the 83 yard Ray Rice run, Vince Wilfolk finished with 13 tackles, including 9 solos. Flacco was not sacked.

Here are the rest of the gruesome stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300110017

Don't believe that the Ravens think that the Pats are a bunch of sissies? Check out these comments...and it's only Monday:

1.) Ed Reed: “We’re coming and they know it,” Reed said about the Patriots: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/15/early-signs-for-ed-reed-look-promising/;

2.) Ray Lewis: “Bill (Belichick) and Tom Brady know they’re definitely going to see a totally different team,” said Ray Lewis, who wore his Super Bowl ring after the game. “We’re not the Denver Broncos.”

3.) Terrell Suggs: “Tom Brady... He’s good looking..."They’re a good-looking team. We’re not a good-looking team.”

4.) Ray Rice: “If they don’t play their best game, they’ll get beat." (The last 3 quotes from:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/baltimore-ravens-face-england-patriots-afc-championship-beat-houston-texans-20-13-article-1.1006458).

Here's more: This, from the Ravens' Fan Forum, after the 33-14 win: 

Photobucket

Nuff said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft

that picture is hilarius LMAO...but i dont care what they view the patriots as...i view the ravens as a team that has a very one dimensional offense and a nursing home for a defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Raven it's what's for dinner

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Gronk is going to eat Ray Lewis' lunch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sorry, how many rings does Ray have again? 

This is it for the best LB ever to play his position.  Imagine how good that team would've been with a legit QB and one more receiever.  He must lose sleep thinking about this stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Food for thought.
    Oct. 17, 2010: New England won, 23-20, in overtime at Gillette. Suggs said of Brady after the game, “He just better hope he don’t see us again.’’

The next day, Brady, in a rare moment of trash talking, said, “Well he had his chance, so maybe if he gets another chance he can try to back those words up. We play those guys a lot and they’ve only beat us one time in all the times that I’ve played them. So they talk a lot for beating us once in nine years.’’

A couple of months later, Suggs revealed he did not vote for Brady to go to the Pro Bowl, reasoning that Brady likely didn’t vote for him either. A couple of days later, Suggs reversed course, saying he did vote for Brady.

On Jan. 13, 2011, Suggs told Sirius NFL radio that Brady’s three Super Bowl wins are “questionable,’’ citing the Tuck Rule game and Spygate.

The linebacker also pointed to that 2009 regular-season game as the genesis of his dislike for Brady, saying, “It all brews from when I nicked his knee a little bit. I was like, ‘Wow, you almost hit a guy and get flagged?’ I never knew one man could have so much power.’’

After yesterday’s victory over the Texans, the Ravens already were looking ahead to their bout with the Patriots.

After complimenting Belichick and Brady, perennial Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed said, “We’re coming in and they know it.’’

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, how many rings does Ray have again?  This is it for the best LB ever to play his position.  Imagine how good that team would've been with a legit QB and one more receiever.  He must lose sleep thinking about this stuff.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    Amazing how the Ravens and their fans are still living in the past using 2009 as their mantra to win this year.  The Ravens haven't been in the SB since 2000 while the Pats have been there FOUR times.  Also, the Ravens appeared in only one AFCCG since their SB win while the Pats appeared in 5 with this being #6.  The Ravens D is even slower than the one that lost to the Pats last season, in OT, 23 - 20 in 10/2010 and the Pats O is even better than that team, too!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I just can't wait to hear what Suggs will have to say after they lose.  What excuse will it be this time?  My guess is he pulls a Jets and leaves the locker room with nothing but a middle finger extended.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft": [QUOTE]     No doubt...that's how Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Ray Rice, John Harbaugh, and the rest of the Buzzards see the Pats. After bullying Brady and the Boys, 33-14, two years ago in Foxboro, they come into this game with a bully's mentality. It's up to the Pats to knock that chip off their shoulder, and reclaim their manhood...that was taken from them during that playoff loss.       For those of you who have forgotten, the Ravens kicked sand in the Patriots' face by scoring on their very first play from scrimmage...an 83 yard TD run by an untouched Ray Rice...right over Vince Wilfolk. The Buzzards went on to outscore the Pats, 24-0, in the first quarter, alone. Here's a summary of perhaps the worst, most embarrassing quarter of football, in Patriots' history: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=300110017      For the game, here are a few stats to chew on: 1.) Passing Game:      a.) Ravens' QB Joe Flacco completed just 4 of 10 passes, for 34 yards, and a pick. He finished with a passing rating of 10.      b.) Tom Brady completed 23 of 42 passes for a paultry 154 yards, 2 TDs, 3 interceptions, and a passer rating of 49.1; 2.) Running Game:      a.) Ray Rice rushed Yfor 159 yards, and scored 2 TDs, on 22 carries.      b.) Kevin Faulk was the Pats' leading rushere, with 52 yards on 14 carries; 3.) Defensive "Highlights":      a.) Ray Lewis had 13 tackles, and a sack. For the game, Tom Brady was sacked three times, and lost a fumble. Ed Reed Duwan Landry, and Chris Carr intercepted Brady;      b.) After getting run over on the 83 yard Ray Rice run, Vince Wilfolk finished with 13 tackles, including 9 solos. Flacco was not sacked.          Here are the rest of the gruesome stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300110017      Don't believe that the Ravens think that the Pats are a bunch of sissies? Check out these comments...and it's only Monday: 1.) Ed Reed: “We’re coming and they know it,” Reed said about the Patriots: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/15/early-signs-for-ed-reed-look-promising/ ; 2.) Ray Lewis: “Bill (Belichick) and Tom Brady know they’re definitely going to see a totally different team,” said Ray Lewis , who wore his Super Bowl ring after the game. “We’re not the Denver Broncos.” 3.) Terrell Suggs: “Tom Brady... He’s good looking..."They’re a good-looking team. We’re not a good-looking team.” 4.) Ray Rice: “If they don’t play their best game, they’ll get beat." (The last 3 quotes from: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/baltimore-ravens-face-england-patriots-afc-championship-beat-houston-texans-20-13-article-1.1006458 ).      Here's more: This, from the Ravens' Fan Forum, after the 33-14 win:                                      Nuff said.                     Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE] THAT PIC MUST BE THE WORK OF TFB'S EVIL TWIN BROTHER. I think its funny

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If I wanted to know what ritarded people thought I would watch first and 10 with Parker and Bayless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I dunno...when is the last time the Patriots played a smashmouth team, and beat them by playing that type of game?  Back in those championship days, we could get down in the mud and punch people in the mouth.  We have turned into a finesse team...hate to say it, but there's some semblance of truth to it.  Do we have tough enough guys to play that game?  Sure we do.  Do we?  Nope...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]If I wanted to know what ritarded people thought I would watch first and 10 with Parker and Bayless.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    OMG...   did you hear them today, especially Parker?  He made numerous references to "Spygate" and is basing all his opinions on the statistical numbers of the Pats D and his opinion of the opponents they played.  He is literally ignoring how the team is playing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Bill...I do think you're spot on.  It's more about how they're playing, trending, etc...and playing that day than overall season stats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Love the Pats and Brady, but that pic is hilarious. Brady's gonna stick his styllettos up Suggs' and Lewis' (fill in favorite bodily oraphus here), and then do a little kick and twist.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft : One thing that bothers me about the "Brady gets the calls" situation is Flacco got one of those eye rolling protect the QB calls BEFORE Brady did, It was a make up call. I was at this game and Baltimore got their drive extended on the call on, I believe Banta-Cain, which was a lame call. So, then when we see Suggs intentionally diving at Brady's knees, just because Brady moves, they shouldn't call that? Make up call, I'll take it. Too bad. That's not why you  lost that game. You fumbled the opening kick off and Bodden picked Flacco on a game changing drive stall play on the sideline. This was also the time where Rodney told Brady to "hike up his skirt" and it's just lame. Talk to Goodell. We see our QB get cheapshotted by a thug named Bernard Pollard, now on Balt (what a shock), with NO CALL in 2008 and Brady gone and now Ray Lewis can pretend he's a victim?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I think one of Sluggs major problems is he is butt ugly, and jealous of Tom's fame and fortune.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft : I think one of Sluggs major problems is he is butt ugly, and jealous of Tom's fame and fortune. Posted by xBruzer77[/QUOTE] His gum to tooth ratio is way off... Thats what scares the olinemen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft": His gum to tooth ratio is way off... Thats what scares the olinemen
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

Hilarious post!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

with denver being a run oriented team... that would imply physical in the trenches football....     well in the pats heyday...they used to beat the sh*t out of teams... if you looked at that denver game the biggest thing i saw was how physical we were and the toal it took on denver... we beat them up...

so let them think we are soft and our d sux...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

Having Chung and Spikes back makes the Pat's a heck of a lot tougher. I think the Pat's are a bit underrated as far as their toughness goes especially on the Offensive line. They would showcase their toughness more if they ran the ball more as Mankins and Vollmer are very nasty and physical at times, especially Mankins. Gronk is a monster blocker too when he's not rewriting the record books receiving. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

Wasn't this the same comment from the Steelers in 2004 playoffs and the Pat's smashmouthed them? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Well, the Ravens probably aren't the only team out there who thinks the Patriots are "soft". Isn't that what we used to call the Colts? That they were "finesse".

I think the Denver game we saw some hard hitting; but I think it was more the circumstances than not (being ahead in the game).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]with denver being a run oriented team... that would imply physical in the trenches football....     well in the pats heyday...they used to beat the sh*t out of teams... if you looked at that denver game the biggest thing i saw was how physical we were and the toal it took on denver... we beat them up... so let them think we are soft and our d sux...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    this +1