Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft

In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft:
    [QUOTE]RWTK.. did you see how many times Parker simply IGNORED Mangini's comments that all needs to be put into perspective?  He just did not want to hear that the Pats defense is actually BETTER than he believes they are taking into consideration what Mangini is saying!   
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I can't help but find it ironic that Mangini is discussing spygate!?!?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So actually this thread should be titled "I think the Ravens think the Patriots are overrated, and soft" since there is actually nothing to support that this is what the Ravens think.

I seriously doubt the Ravens are basing too much off of a play-off game that happened 2 years ago, maybe it gives them a little confidence going to Gillette but that is it. 

Both teams have plenty of veterans who have played many play-off games, I'd be shocked if either team is taking the other lightly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft : I can't help but find it ironic that Mangini is discussing spygate!?!?!?!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    This is all you need to know about Parker.

Parker, who is African American, is not shy to discuss the racial aspects of current sports events, such as the NBA off-court dress policy, or the lack of African Americans in NFL coaching positions. He penned a much-maligned column where he called Hank Aaron a "coward" for declining to attend when Barry Bonds would break the career home run record.

In October 2008, Parker erroneously reported that Kirk Cousins, a quarterback for the Michigan State Spartans, was involved in a fight with members of the Michigan State hockey team. At the time of the fight, Cousins was at church with his parents. After being publicly reproved by head coach Mark Dantonio at his weekly news conference, Parker was suspended by The Detroit News for two weeks

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. They have 3 or 4 people like this on their staff there: Howard Bryant = Racist and wifebeater Jamelle HIll - Outright Racist, once compared the Celtics to Hitler, race baiter Rob Parker = Racist/MORON Stephen A. Smith = Racist (his tv show went off air quick after only having guests who were African American ESPN just caters to this element. Racists and race baiters. This would actually explain a lot.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

If anyone has a "please punch me" face it is Stephen A. Smith.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Broncos pass rush>>>Ravens pass rush.

What happened to the Broncos on saturday? That's right, they lost 45-10...

How many sacks did T-Fizzle and the Crows have against TJ Yikes? An imppresive ZERO.

If the Pats Oline holds up, and they should, we win by double digits.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ri_rock. Show ri_rock's posts

[QUOTE]So actually this thread should be titled "I think the Ravens think the Patriots are overrated, and soft" since there is actually nothing to support that this is what the Ravens think. I seriously doubt the Ravens are basing too much off of a play-off game that happened 2 years ago, maybe it gives them a little confidence going to Gillette but that is it.  Both teams have plenty of veterans who have played many play-off games, I'd be shocked if either team is taking the other lightly.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Well said.  On the Ravens board someone has probably started a similar post "Patriots think the Ravens are ugly, trash-talking thugs" with links to some harmless Patriot quotes.  It looks like it might be up to the fans to generate the bulletin board material...not really hearing it from the players on either side. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

So did the Japanese on 12/7/41 !!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The B!tch of this game is, after the Pats beat the Ravens 38-17 this week they Still will not have beaten anyone good and we'll have to listen to more of these ESPN loser down play them...Until they will the SB and are the king of the hill AGAIN!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

What I find sort of stupid about the whole strength of schedule thing is, most media members are looking at it retroactively. 

The thing is, at the time the Pats beat a lot of their opponents, those teams were still sitting pretty in the eyes of the media.  Philly and Dallas were both still playoff candidates when the Pats met them, and both of those teams received a lot of good press early in the season.  It's a double edged sword.  And to further it, if the Pats had faced the Steelers instead of the Broncos, the press would be saying that Pitt was depleted and not at full strength.  Yap, yap, yap.

GB didn't exactly light up the league's best this season, and this argument barely even surfaced about their schedule. 

So when NE beats the Ravens this weekend, what will the media write then?  That Ray is old, that Flacco isn't Eli? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Need more proof of what the Ravens think of the Patriots? This from "the loveable" Bernard Pollard, who said tthis of Tom Brady: 

“That’s the pretty boy. That’s the man of the NFL. That’s Mr. Do-It-All,” Pollard said. “So everybody is going to hold that (his cheap shot knee hit) against me but I don’t care. I don’t play for men. I don’t play for no woman."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/19/bernard-pollard-not-happy-to-talk-about-pretty-boy-brady/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

You had me laughing at "Raven's think"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pollard's only claim to NFL "fame", the player who almost ended Brady's career!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reed20. Show reed20's posts

[QUOTE]with denver being a run oriented team... that would imply physical in the trenches football....     well in the pats heyday...they used to beat the sh*t out of teams... if you looked at that denver game the biggest thing i saw was how physical we were and the toal it took on denver... we beat them up... so let them think we are soft and our d sux...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

against a high school quarterback

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft : against a high school quarterback
    Posted by reed20[/QUOTE]

Quarterback Ranking
    ChgRankPlayerTmOpp
     1Aaron Rodgers GBNYG
     2Drew Brees NO@SF
     3Tom Brady NEDEN
    Tier 2
     4Tim Tebow DEN@NE
     5Eli Manning NYG@GB
     6Joe Flacco BALHOU
    Tier 3
     7Alex Smith SFNO
     8T.J. Yates HOU@BAL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft : against a high school quarterback
    Posted by reed20[/QUOTE]

Nice to see ravens troll's are masters at capitalization and punctuation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's an article from the Buzzard's top beat writer, Mike Preston. There's no question that the Ravens see the Patriots are overrated, soft...sissies. Sundays' game means more than gaining an AFC Championship and a trip to the SB. If the Patriots lose this game, odds of them really seriously contending for a title in the forseeable future are nil. They should beat the Ravens. They have the talent to get it done, and are playing on their home field. But, do they have the heart? Preston doesn't think so...and, to a man, neither do the Ravens. It's up to the Patriots to man-up, and prove differently. In other words, it's time to punch the bully in the mouth. Here's the Preston article, with my comments included, in bold black:
    Except for playing at home, the Ravens couldn't be in any better position to win an AFC championship when they meet the New England Patriots on Sunday.

They aren't going into lowly Jacksonville, Tennessee or Seattle, but Foxborough, Mass., where the Patriots have won five of six playoff games at Gillette Stadium since 2002. They are playing against head coach Bill Belichick, who has won three Super Bowls and Tom Brady, possibly the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

RESPONSE: Obviously, this guy hasn't done his homework. The Pats have lost two playoff games in a row at home.

The Ravens have played to their opponents' level most of the season, and that's why they could beat New England. It forces them to play up, and put together possibly a near perfect game, which they haven't played all season. They need to be challenged, and what may be just as important, the Ravens love the underdog role. They relish being in this position.
    RESPONSE: If both teams bring their "A" game, the Buzzards will come up short.

All week long we've been hearing how great the Patriots (14-3) are, but two of their three losses were to teams with winning records while the Ravens beat all of the top teams they played.
    RESPONSE: This is true. The Buzzards have beaten the 49ers, crushed the Jets, beat the Texans, and bested the Bengals and Steelers twice, each.  

Nobody fears New England's defense. The Patriots have been soft all year even though they were impressive a week ago against Denver, which had one of the best run-blocking offensive lines in the NFL.
    RESPONSE: There's that word "soft" again, used to describe the Patriots.

You can almost smell an ambush here. Middle linebacker Ray Lewis has called Belichick one of the brightest minds ever and outside linebacker Terrell Suggs has been gushing over Brady this week after years of verbal exchanges.
    RESPONSE: Translation: Don't believe a word of the platitudes being heaped upon BB and Brady by the likes of Suggs, and Lewis. Believe instead what Bernard Pollard had to say, when he referred to Brady as a "pretty boy". This is how the Buzzards really feel about the Pats.

That's funny. What's next, roses?

Suggs can't stand Brady and the Ravens don't care much for New England. There is a great deal of mutual respect shared between the two teams, but the Ravens have a lot to prove when they take the field Sunday.

It's personal.
    RESPONSE: Indeed it is...and the Patriots had better take it this way.

The Patriots have the NFL's No. 2 offense and the Ravens are ranked No. 3 in defense. That's personal. Few teams are ever favored by more than a touchdown, especially in the playoffs, but New England is getting 7.5. points.

That's a slap in the face to the Ravens. That's personal.

The Patriots, Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts are the NFL's golden boys but the Ravens still get treated like the ugly stepchild.
    RESPONSE: Again...the Ravens see the Patriots as overrated sissies.

Even in Baltimore this week, some of the euphoria has calmed down after the Ravens beat Houston, 20-13, in the divisional playoffs a week ago. The other three teams in the conference championship round -- New York, New England and San Francisco --seemed to be peaking, while the Ravens were terrible.

A lot of fans dropped off the band wagon because of the poor play.

That won't happen Sunday. There is too much pride involved. Whenever this team gets pushed around, especially on defense, they respond well the next week. Go ask the 49ers.
    RESPONSE: Pride. We'll see if the Patriots have any this Sunday. To lose to these thugs again on their home field would be a disaster...and would signal the end of the Patriots being a serious contender for a championship for the forseeable future.

With New England, the Patriots force an opponent to bring its A game because they have so many weapons. A lot of mistakes on either side of the ball can result in a blow out.

The Ravens need this kind of pressure. If offensive coordinator Cam Cameron was "under fire" during the regular season, his butt has to be sizzling this week. If first year defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano thought it was tough last week, wait until he has to match wits with Belichick and Brady.

Last week's win was almost a debacle, but that game will play a major part in the outcome of Sunday's game. After allowing five sacks last week, this group can't be that bad again.
    RESPONSE: We'll see. Of course, the Patriots' "D" hasn't played to the caliber of the Houston "D", til last Saturday. The "D" must step up in a similar fashion, if the Pats arte to get the job done Sunday. They must stop RB Ray Rice, and pressure the flaky Flacco.  
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-0120-20120119,0,2585736.column

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

RESPONSE: Pride. We'll see if the Patriots have any this Sunday. To lose to these thugs again on their home field would be a disaster...and would signal the end of the Patriots being a serious contender for a championship for the forseeable future.

You think a single loss would doom the Pats for the foreseeable future?  Wow
    That has to be one of the most negative things I've ever read.
    Did the Packers and Saints loss doom them too?
    Everyone loses.  Most good teams and coaches, learn and adjust.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Keep it all POSITVE, folks...    the letters "l"...  "o"..... "s" ..... and "s" shall not be combined on this board with regards to the Pats at all for the rest of the playoffs!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]RESPONSE: Pride. We'll see if the Patriots have any this Sunday. To lose to these thugs again on their home field would be a disaster...and would signal the end of the Patriots being a serious contender for a championship for the forseeable future. You think a single loss would doom the Pats for the foreseeable future?

RESPONSE: Absolutely. That would make it three years in a row that the Patriots have lost a home playoff game to a good, but no where near great team. I can excuse the 2009 loss to the Buzzards as an abberation...but losses to the Jets and then, to this Flacco led Buzzards team?? Sorry. 
         Face the facts. If the Pats can't beat these Ravens Sunday, do you really expect this team to win a SB next year...in two years...or in three, with an aging Tom Brady?  

Wow That has to be one of the most negative things I've ever read.

RESPONSE: I prefer to be objective. We were talking about, say, the Colts...and they had lost home playoff games three years in a row, with an aging QB, would you see this as "one of the most negative things you've ever read"? Sorry...but if the Pats don't win the relatively weak AFC this year, than when?   

Did the Packers and Saints loss doom them too?

RESPONSE: Come, now. The Packers won a SB last year, have a relatively young QB in Aaron Rodgers, and are coming off a 15 win regular season. The Saints won it all two years ago...and blew the Pats' away when they played in 2009. Both of these teams were considered "bad match-ups", for good reason, for the Patriots.
         The last time the Patriots won it all was in 2004. Furthermore, How often do the Patriots beat upper echelon teams, anymore? In 2010, they edged a 12-4 Ravens at home, 23-20, in OT. They also crushed the Steelers on the road, and the Jets at home...before choking at home to them in the playoffs.

Everyone loses.  Most good teams and coaches, learn and adjust.

RESPONSE: No matter how you slice it, the Pats have lost too many big games in recent years, and are losing at home. They really haven't consistently beaten  the good teams since 2007. They've had ample time to "learn and adjust". They need to win this game Sunday...no ifs, ands, buts, or excuses.  
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

As far as the Pats can scores 28 points or more then they will headed to the Indianapolis. Protect Tom Brady is a key. The Pats defense is playing high right now with Vince Wilfork, Mark Anderson, Shaun Ellis, Kyle Loves, and etc.  They will harras Joe Flacco all day long with a few sacks. Rob No., Jerod Mayo, Spikes and Chung will limited Ray Rice for the yardage.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the Indianapolis this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft :
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't believe a loss this year or the past 3 years for that matter have any more bearing on what happens next year than the 01,03.04,07 do.
    The fact remains that this team is competitive every year.
    When we start seeing it on the wrong side of 8-8 then, I would worry.
    There is nothing to indicate that is going to happen.

I have been reading your post long before my tenure indicates and have always enjoyed them.  However, lately I have noticed a very negative spin from you.
    I understand trying to remain objective but it appears you are swinging more to the wrong way.  You tend to accentuate the negative. 
    I understand not wanting to waste TB's remaining years but steps have been taken to prevent that.

A lot has been discussed about recent draft pics and people screamed to high heaven about taking Solder 1st.  Most wanted a pass rusher. It turns out that, that OL help was extremely important this year.  Where would we be without Solder and Cannon ???  Screwed!
    I guess my point is that we need to allow the coach to make adjustments.  I don't see you doing that with your comment.
    The team is FAR from doomed.

If I felt that way, I would be calling the glue factory for every one of my horses that didn't win every race.
    If there's one thing I learned in my life is that; you can't win them all. 
    That doesn't make you a failure.  (or doomed)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ravens Think Patriots Are Overrated, and Soft : Sorry, I don't believe a loss this year or the past 3 years for that matter have any more bearing on what happens next year than the 01,03.04,07 do. The fact remains that this team is competitive every year. When we start seeing it on the wrong side of 8-8 then, I would worry. There is nothing to indicate that is going to happen. I have been reading your post long before my tenure indicates and have always enjoyed them.  However, lately I have noticed a very negative spin from you. I understand trying to remain objective but it appears you are swinging more to the wrong way.  You tend to accentuate the negative.  I understand not wanting to waste TB's remaining years but steps have been taken to prevent that. A lot has been discussed about recent draft pics and people screamed to high heaven about taking Solder 1st.  Most wanted a pass rusher. It turns out that, that OL help was extremely important this year.  Where would we be without Solder and Cannon ???  Screwed! I guess my point is that we need to allow the coach to make adjustments.  I don't see you doing that with your comment. The team is FAR from doomed. If I felt that way, I would be calling the glue factory for every one of my horses that didn't win every race. If there's one thing I learned in my life is that; you can't win them all.  That doesn't make you a failure.  (or doomed)
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my friend. But three home playoff losses in a row, and Brady turning 35 next season wouldn't give me much cause for optimism. The Pats need to beat the Buzzards. Whatever happens in the SB happens...but the Pats at least need to get there this year. There's no excuse for losing to these Ravens. The Pats have the talent to win. But, do they have the heart? Or, is what the Ravens think true...that they're soft?

They need to get it done Sunday.  

Sections
Shortcuts