Ravens vs. Pats: taking a toll on fans' psyches

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: Ravens vs. Pats: taking a toll on fans' psyches

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Hey paul-You are blinded by your fandom. My advise to you is....don't make a bet this Sunday!

You owe me one

Now, I will definitely bet.  Going against people's free advice on the internet ,I have found, is the clearest path to getting rich quick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB-Nope I got the Ravens winning it by 14+. Do any of you bet?I certainly do and will be betting a mortgage payment on this game taking the points of course

Kiss that mortgage payment goodbye! 

I see a lot of improvements the Patriots can make from week 3 and they lost by 1 after being up 13-0 after the first qtr.  I can't say that about the Ravens. Add into the fact the Ravens played wild card weekend and then a full game plus a complete overtime and partial 2nd overtime last weekend in the freezing conditions and traveled and will be travling again this weekend.  Gotta be taking it's toll on the older players.  Heck, Lewis seemed sick after last weekends game during his interview.

Flacco is going to hit a wall this game, he is going to be over confident and make mistakes.  Last weekend the Ravens needed a crazy hail mary type pass to tie last weeks game to got into ot against a Broncos team that looked to be mediocre more then half the game and who's QB and coach wasn't willing to sling the ball when it got late in the game and cold.

If anything, I would be pretty nervous as a Ravens fan about this game.  The Ravens will be going in over confident and that plays right into the Patriots hands!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I would never bet on my team. I consider it bad luck. 70 hours and counting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

TFB-Nope I got the Ravens winning it by 14+. Do any of you bet?I certainly do and will be betting a mortgage payment on this game taking the points of course

Kiss that mortgage payment goodbye!  

I see a lot of improvements the Patriots can make from week 3 and they lost by 1 after being up 13-0 after the first qtr.  I can't say that about the Ravens. Add into the fact the Ravens played wild card weekend and then a full game plus a complete overtime and partial 2nd overtime last weekend in the freezing conditions and traveled and will be travling again this weekend.  Gotta be taking it's toll on the older players.  Heck, Lewis seemed sick after last weekends game during his interview.

Flacco is going to hit a wall this game, he is going to be over confident and make mistakes.  Last weekend the Ravens needed a crazy hail mary type pass to tie last weeks game to got into ot against a Broncos team that looked to be mediocre more then half the game and who's QB and coach wasn't willing to sling the ball when it got late in the game and cold.

If anything, I would be pretty nervous as a Ravens fan about this game.  The Ravens will be going in over confident and that plays right into the Patriots hands!!

Hmmmmm... to the "over confident" points...   how can you say Flacco and the Ravens will be "overconfident"?  Based on what? If anything, they feel darn good about their chances and confident in their ability to win this game.  Do you feel any of the Pats players feel overconfident given they are playing at home?  I do not think so.

As for the pass play, yep, Ravens were definitely looking at an L when they were 70 yards away from a tying TD with about 40 seconds to go.  Sometimes the fat lady chokes as she is warming up, as one would think she was for the Broncos, and that happened.  Gotta take it though, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

I think this team is just flat out better than they have been in years.  

I agree this team is better, and more focused if that is possible.  Not that they weren't focused in previous years.  I think the team as a whole looks better and they are confident, but not cocky.  Brady especially looks like he has more fire this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think Leon's back 

Sections
Shortcuts