Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Ravens

I think they'll be in the AFC championship this year. There biggest hurdles were:

1. Beating the Steelers with Big Ben. Up until todays game, Flacco had never beaten big ben. Whether they admit it or not, there's definetly a psychological factor that goes into it. Yes, it was a regular season game, but i think if they play the Steelers again, they'll be more confident than ever.

2. Peyton Manning. If im not mistaken, Manning has won 8 straight against the Ravens. Hes gone now

Only thing that holds them back is that Flacco needs to play great. He has a good playoff record, but he hasnt performed well in the playoffs. just good enough not to lose. That, along with what looks like a cupcake schedule (AFC South and NFC West) should have them with a good chance of the bye

If the Pats arent representing the Super Bowl, I think itll be these guys. And they play us well, so it should be interesting.

And yes, Im not liking the Steelers this year. They didnt just lose to the Ravens, they got pummeled. I know it's the beginning of the season, but i feel like this may be reminiscent of the 2005 pats. We owned Manning and the Colts before they killed us in the regular season. I dont think theyll have their swagger this year. Super Bowl hangover. And the fact that this might be the year age catches us with them.

All in all, i honestly just see this as a two horse race in the AFC. Jets will compete, but Sanchez needs to show me he can play a great full game. Guy seems to come through a lot towards the end...But i havent seen him play a great full game against a good team. They do play us well though

SD is always tricky, I just dont believe in Norv

Hopefully the Pats improve upon last season and avoid significant injury. Theres a great opportunity this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Ravens

Ricky Williams man.  Ricky williams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Ravens:
    [QUOTE]I think they'll be in the AFC championship this year. There biggest hurdles were: 1. Beating the Steelers with Big Ben. Up until todays game, Flacco had never beaten big ben. Whether they admit it or not, there's definetly a psychological factor that goes into it. Yes, it was a regular season game, but i think if they play the Steelers again, they'll be more confident than ever. 2. Peyton Manning. If im not mistaken, Manning has won 8 straight against the Ravens. Hes gone now Only thing that holds them back is that Flacco needs to play great. He has a good playoff record, but he hasnt performed well in the playoffs. just good enough not to lose. That, along with what looks like a cupcake schedule (AFC South and NFC West) should have them with a good chance of the bye If the Pats arent representing the Super Bowl, I think itll be these guys. And they play us well, so it should be interesting. And yes, Im not liking the Steelers this year. They didnt just lose to the Ravens, they got pummeled. I know it's the beginning of the season, but i feel like this may be reminiscent of the 2005 pats. We owned Manning and the Colts before they killed us in the regular season. I dont think theyll have their swagger this year. Super Bowl hangover. And the fact that this might be the year age catches us with them. All in all, i honestly just see this as a two horse race in the AFC. Jets will compete, but Sanchez needs to show me he can play a great full game. Guy seems to come through a lot towards the end...But i havent seen him play a great full game against a good team. They do play us well though SD is always tricky, I just dont believe in Norv Hopefully the Pats improve upon last season and avoid significant injury. Theres a great opportunity this season.
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

1) Flacco hasn't lost to the Steelers at home yet. It's not his fault that Roth's wasn't there any of the times they played at home

2) Valid point but the Colts have been trending downward for a couple of years now. They were lucky to make the playoffs last year with a 10-6 record and being in a terrible division. Wouldn't use the Colts as validation esp since they aren't even in the same division

Listen Ravens played a great game and they tend to start the season off hot. They are one of the teams that I would say could be in the AFC champ game. Steelers are another along with SD. If I had to pick 4 teams that have the best shot at making the AFC champ I would have the Pats, Steelers, SD, and Ravens with 2 wild cards being the Jets and Hou but I wouldn't say the cleared any hurdles yet considering they have bet the Steelers at home for the last 3 years and they have to pray Rice doesn't get injured. Without Rice I wouldn't trust Flacco to carry a one dimensional O and I don't think Brown can carry the load at RB anymore

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats1977. Show pats1977's posts

I think what killed us in the playoffs last year was that BB was tryinig to be too tricky with the play calling.  We are a much better offensive team than they Yets, thereby we have no reason to do that. Two key plays that really lost us the game was the surely TD drop pass by crumpler and the mistake by Chung. That's the rationale I didn't want crumpler back with the team. We need people we can rely on whatever the situation may be. Not just for blocking!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

THE RAVENS ARE THE RAVENS, THEY BEAT THE STEELERS SO WHAT. THE TEXANS BEAT THE COLTS AND WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM WITH MANNING. FLACCO IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITH SANCHEZ. IF THATS THE CASE THE BILLS ARE HOT TOO. IT'S JUST ONE GAME IF RICE GOES DOWN SO DOES FLACCO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Steelers have 8 defensive players that are in their 30's. Ravens put a whipping on us yesterday. a good one!  But I remember Philadelphia humiliating the Steelers in 2008. They had like 9 sacks. Even though the final score was only 15-6, it should have been worse. The Steelers bounced back and won the Superbowl that season. Not saying that's going to happen, but I don't jump off the bandwagon like a lot of fans do when their team gets whipped. The important thing is to get into the playoffs and be peaking at the end of the year. I also don't like it when they give so much credit to Dick Lebeau when the Defense plays good, yet you never hear nothing about his so-called schemes, when the defense gets torched. There is a lot of reasons of concern, especially the Rushing yardage they gave up to the Ravens. The Steelers have been weak for years on their pass defense, but always seemed to shut down the run. One thing I will say is John Harbaugh has brought a whole new attitude to this organization. The Steelers have a fairly weak schedule this year, but I would rather watch them play the Ravens, Eagles, Patriots, or any of the other top teams. Good luck tonight!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Ravens:
    [QUOTE]THE RAVENS ARE THE RAVENS, THEY BEAT THE STEELERS SO WHAT. THE TEXANS BEAT THE COLTS AND WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM WITH MANNING. FLACCO IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITH SANCHEZ. IF THATS THE CASE THE BILLS ARE HOT TOO. IT'S JUST ONE GAME IF RICE GOES DOWN SO DOES FLACCO.
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]

I think everyone would agree though that the Ravens are an upper echelon AFC Team. As most thought the Steelers were. Most people thought KC would take a step back this season as with the colts...which is why im not as impressed witih HOU and KC

BAL has been a good playoff team these past 3 years, their biggest hitch has been PIT and IND...All im saying is that with those guys gone, pending health, I see big things from them this season

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know how much I would read into one win at home. While it's true that Flacco did some things that Baltimore bashers would claim he couldn't, I'll believe he's turned the corner when he does it consistently. There's a lot of nasty bad blood between these teams (which is nice) and I was surprised to see this thing get out of hand as quickly as it did, but leave us not forget a championship-calibre Patriots team that got spanked by the once-and-future Buffalo Bills way back in the good old days.

With a rivalry of this nature, I don't believe there's much salt in a "psychological" advantage. These teams hate each other too much for that. I have a sneaking suspicion that the next time these two meet, the fate of the division will still be on the line and we shall se what we shall see when the battle moves to Bitchburgh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The Ravens are basically always good so your prediction is not even a stretch regardless but at the end of the day this was week 1.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hey SteelCurtain75!  Always enjoy your visits to our board. I too was very surprised that the Steelers lost so convincingly. I thought the Buzzards would win, but that it might be very close. I KNOW your boys will bounce back next week. I am hoping we can do well over the first four games because three are on the road. Why does Hines Ward always seem to be involved in the dust ups every game??? Hope TFB plays better tonight than he usually does in Miami.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Definitely the most impressive game yesterday.  I think getting rid of McGahee actually will help them because the more they give it to Rice the better.  Boldin and Flacco in year 2 will also be better.

It is 1 week and anything can happen in the next 4 months so I won't be putting them in the AFC title game based on 60 minutes of football.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Flat, tired & uninspired, I couldn't have said it better! Looking forward to the game tonight. Wes Welker is one of my favorite players!

In Response to Re: Ravens:
    [QUOTE]Your boys in the Steel city just didnt look ready to play. They looked flat and tired and uninspired. Big ben is my fantasy QB and he got me 5 points. I mean its not all age, they just looked uninspired out there the same way the Colts did. The Ravens set the pace in that game and were the bullys and the Steelers just kind of let it happen. Not too impressed with that veteran group. And almost starting a brawl in the middle of the game? Uncalled for. That was the veterans frustration coming through.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ravens have a lot of key players that are older. Not sure they have the depth, given their age to overcome lost games.
    Still not completely sold on Flacco. Saying he is better than Sanchez is no great shakes. I still think Flacco is out of the top 15 given how Freeman and Stafford look to be coming on. I would take Ryan over Flacco as well.

Sections
Shortcuts