RAY LEWIS is annoying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying

In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying:
    [QUOTE]The Baltimore Thuggs will be thugging it up all week.  Ed Reed, who usually doesn't say much warned of Baltimore's arrival.   It's already started. Oh, and Bernard Pollard is on Balt.  Don't think for a second Brady doesn't know this. I smell 3 TDs going over old Bernie's head on Sunday.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    I saw that, but got the impression he was just saying both teams know each other really well and expect a really good game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : No offense, but if your friends killed two people, would you lie to the police or would you simply frame your opinion of why those two people were dead? It makes no sense.  He obstructed justice. Why?  Did he do it?  Did he help? All you;d have to do is say "we were jumped, it was self defense" if he wanted to protect them. He didn't. The obstruction thing was the lesser charge. Translation? Ray Lewis has a lot of money.

I don't care what Lewis did, what makes the Baltimore Ravens a bunch of thugs? That's something I'm actually curious about. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

When you're finished with the ranting. The following three points will still be true.

1. Ray admits that the incident in Atlanta was a dark time in his life that he regrets for many reasons and is contrite over.
    2. Ray has been a true leader on and off the field and is perhaps the greatest MLB in NFL history since then.
    3. Ray rents space in opposing players heads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : Ahh. Aurora.  Greek restaurant I went to out there once with a customer. Forget the name of it.  That's suburbia hell out there off 290.

You are being too kind.  Hell is too nice a moniker for that seriously dysfunctional city.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I will add this to the discussion.  I think Lewis really regrets whatever went down that night.  He has been a mentor to some guys on that team that may have optherwise strayed from the straight and narrow, like has happened with guys on so many other teams. I have heard he has reached out to guys who were going astray, but maybe I am mistaken.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying": [QUOTE]The Baltimore Thuggs will be thugging it up all week.  Ed Reed, who usually doesn't say much warned of Baltimore's arrival.   It's already started. Oh, and Bernard Pollard is on Balt.  Don't think for a second Brady doesn't know this. I smell 3 TDs going over old Bernie's head on Sunday. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE] Harbaugh predicted victory in the locker room after the game, knowing cameras were on him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : Bernard Pollard.  Suggs's classless behavior.  Ray Lewis's antics.  They're very big on this image of being classless. Thuggie. Punks.

Bernard Pollard is only guilty of being a jynx, I can't think of anything else. Brady injury was Sammy Morris' fault. Welker, he didn't even touch Welker. 

Suggs is a classless clown, there's no denying that, but he's no thug either. He's just a doof who needs attention. 

Ray Lewis' antics? What antics? -_-...

Just because you don't like someone and they portray themselves in a way you deem beneath you that doesn't mean they're thugs. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : A person involved with murderers isn't a thug?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You called the Ravens a bunch of thugs, I'm going to ask you the same thing I've asked King. Besides Lewis, and Suggs, who's a thug on the Ravens? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : You may have a better chance of being considered a slanderer than he has of being considered a murderer.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

First, a written false accusation is called libel. Slander is spoken. Second, libel against a public figure requires actual malice to be proven.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : Guess you missed their behavior in the 2007 or 2009 games.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I guess I did, please elaborate. =) 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : I don';t even know what that is, but I find it comical that Goodell fines people for sneaker colors and then ignores gang symbols during a game. I have no idea why anyone would think it would be cool to be showcasing this gang type stuff.   It's so lame.  You went to college, you have a chance to better yourself and your family, you make millions and you play to the thug life. Ugh. Jay Shizzly couldn't any more wrong. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE] I didn't notice it either, but now that it's known I expect Mr. Goodell will make note. Somewhere telephones were ringing I'm sure.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : Also, slander and libel need to be show an use for business or sale. Like, Spygate? Kraft could have bankrupted the Herald. They printed a story that was a lie and tried to make money off of it.

Kraft could have put up a hell of a fight over spygate. But in the end he would only be hurting his own business as well.

The idiot Goodell didn't get that when he came out guns blazing. They huddled and he shut down and stonewalled the whole thing after the owners ripped him a new one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RAY LEWIS is annoying : First, a written false accusation is called libel. Slander is spoken. Second, libel against a public figure requires actual malice to be proven.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You are right in both cases.  Public figures must meet a greater test to win a libel case, so as to protect free speech and freedom of the press.