RB Blount takes big pay cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

RB Blount takes big pay cut

Just posted on espnboston, in part of the trade Blounts salary is slashed from 1.2M to 630K. 

I would say that this greatly increases his chances of making the final roster. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: RB Blount takes big pay cut

They also take zero cap hit if they cut him, I would say that greatly increases the chances he doesn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Either way I see the trade as a good thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

They also take zero cap hit if they cut him, I would say that greatly increases the chances he doesn't.

Lolz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I see it as a negilible thing. It's a roll of the dice. Demps was a wasted pick, who hightailed it on his responsibility to the Patriots. 

NE basically ate a 7th rounder to get rid of him, and as a bonus got a free tryout with a troubled player with a few unique talents. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I see it as a negilible thing. It's a roll of the dice. Demps was a wasted pick, who hightailed it on his responsibility to the Patriots. 

NE basically ate a 7th rounder to get rid of him, and as a bonus got a free tryout with a troubled player with a few unique talents. 

Yep.  And I view it as a good thing that, instead of cutting Demps and getting nothing, they got something albeit a mixed bag.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Yep.  And I view it as a good thing that, instead of cutting Demps and getting nothing, they got something albeit a mixed bag.

For a 7th round pick ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect. Show mosseffect's posts

not only will he be our starting running back,he will be the next cory dillon but faster

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

well look at it this way ATJ: he may help you guys out as RB but if not he is perfect if a brawl starts!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is a good trader. Twas ever thus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mosseffect's comment:

not only will he be our starting running back,he will be the next cory dillon but faster

You have obviously never seen him play. Sorry, but Blount doesn't resemble Dillon in any way. Not on the football field any way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to mosseffect's comment:

You have obviously never seen him play. Sorry, but Blount doesn't resemble Dillon in any way. Not on the football field any way.

I'd have to agree with you on that on Muz. Dillon rushed for over 1000 yards 6 or 7 seasons in a row before joining the Pats. I believe he was a pro bowl selection at least 4 times as well. We can't say that about Blount. Please dont get me wrong, I hope Blount turns it around because he clearly has talent. He could be a huge asset in short yardage and goal line situations. Go Pats. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Except that he's lousy in short yardage and on the goal line.

The guy took a pay cut because he was going to get cut and $700K is better than the league minimum. Let's not pretend he's some selfless guy concerned with the good of the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Except that he's lousy in short yardage and on the goal line.

The guy took a pay cut because he was going to get cut and $700K is better than the league minimum. Let's not pretend he's some selfless guy concerned with the good of the team.

I'm not saying this guy will be anything for us, but stranger things have happened. Belichick has been raving about him ever sinve he acquired the kid. Blount has never had the luxury of playing with a quarterback like ours, where he'll never face the pressure of having to beat 8 men in the box or run blitzes. Almost every back we have had over the last ten years has put up career numbers in rushing touchdowns while playing with Brady - I've got to think a 245 pound back will do the same in our goal line situations. In my opinion Ridley, and BJGE weren't unusualy good short yardage backs...but the defense never worried about those two. Dillon is a much different story, he was that good. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed, Blount gets to come to a good organisation and probably will make a bit more $ than he would have if cut outright by the Bucs.  He gets a shot at making a good squad, but I am not sure what his role would be.  Is he a good ST guy?  He seems like depth and insurance to me.  Not sure if I see him getting any carries ahead of Ridley, and Bolden, if he can get past his suspension and back in BB's good graces, looks like a decent backup to Ridley. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

well look at it this way ATJ: he may help you guys out as RB but if not he is perfect if a brawl starts!

Sort of like your role here on this board. When we need some inane commentary like the above we know your the perfect poster.

well you know jri it really doesn't matter to you because you have the same comment regardless of what i post

I could post the magna carta, declaration of independence, the desiderata and MacBeth and you would say "more inane comments from our resident troll"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

What a suprise a player having to take a pay cut to come to New England.  Why is it that every player that comes to NE must take a pay cut or sign a team friendly deal. Where does all the money go in NE? I mean the cap is the same for them isn't it. Even Brady has continually re structured his deals to be cap friendly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

What a suprise a player having to take a pay cut to come to New England.  Why is it that every player that comes to NE must take a pay cut or sign a team friendly deal. Where does all the money go in NE? I mean the cap is the same for them isn't it. Even Brady has continually re structured his deals to be cap friendly.

LOL!!  Great synopsis, Bradley!  I think you might be on to something here!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

BB does it again. Fleeces Minny, adds a 7th, and then BB takes an RB who is dirt cheap possibly on his last legs in the NFL playing for a new contract, who forces Brady under Center from `1st and goal from the 4 yard line with Ballard and Gronk and Amendola and Dobson split wide right. Lone set back?

LaGarrette Blount.

I'd rather score in the red zone instead of throw INTs or kick FGs.

you got LaGarrette Blount which means you didn't fleece anyone

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I like the pick and think he makes it. Tough physical runner, the Patriots needed a couple of physical players. They were pushed around a little by the ravens, Pollard in particular . Good move IMO 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All I know is Schiano and BB must chillax together because for the last year or so anything the Patriots need Schiano has supplied for BB,now I read that BB is giving a coaching seminar for the Tampa Bay Gucs coaches. I wonder if that was a condition of getting the Bucs to take Demps off the Patriots hands? I never heard of any other HC's of a potential opponent giving his opposition coaching lessons as a mentoring program in the off season.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the trade was not Patterson for draft choices. The trade was the #29 pick for the draft choices.The question is who could the Pats have selected with that pick, not if will Patterson be better than the Pats choices.

Lets see how the players pan out....

To say there was a "fleecing" is idiotic

Sections
Shortcuts