RB Blount takes big pay cut

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: RB Blount takes big pay cut

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

the trade was not Patterson for draft choices. The trade was the #29 pick for the draft choices.The question is who could the Pats have selected with that pick, not if will Patterson be better than the Pats choices.

Lets see how the players pan out....

To say there was a "fleecing" is idiotic

No, it's not. The best part of the draft was Rds 2-5.  Minny trade UP and out of the best part of the draft.

So, you're wrong. They were fleeced. They also ALREADY had TWO picks in the first rd, so trading into it for a 3rd pick was completely moronic and a knee jerk deluxe move.

That's why they are the Vikings.  They live in shadow of the Packers, so they do trendy, newsworthy moves to get people excited as they look to build a new stadium.

They also put out new uniforms. Their moves are more so rooted in flash and excitement. Greg Jennings also just took them to the cleaners with that contract becaue Jennings knows he had leverage based on the Vikings reputation. The move was strategically idotic and Jetsesque.

YOU LOSE, RKrap.

yes, I lost. You are a dope.

I just hope the Pats didnt lose on this draft trade AGAIN!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

the trade was not Patterson for draft choices. The trade was the #29 pick for the draft choices.The question is who could the Pats have selected with that pick, not if will Patterson be better than the Pats choices.

No, it's not. The best part of the draft was Rds 2-5.  Minny trade UP and out of the best part of the draft.

So, you're wrong. They were fleeced. They also ALREADY had TWO picks in the first rd, so trading into it for a 3rd pick was completely moronic and a knee jerk deluxe move.

That's why they are the Vikings.  They live in shadow of the Packers, so they do trendy, newsworthy moves to get people excited as they look to build a new stadium.

They also put out new uniforms. Their moves are more so rooted in flash and excitement. Greg Jennings also just took them to the cleaners with that contract becaue Jennings knows he had leverage based on the Vikings reputation. The move was strategically idotic and Jetsesque.

YOU LOSE, RKrap.

Im gonna disagree with you on this one. Did the Vikings really lose when they took 3 guys they really wanted before someone else swooped in to take them? I understand that the meat of the draft were from 2-5 or what have you but they essentially got the guys they want? They still had 6 picks after. Only so many players are going to make the team so if you had as many draft picks as they did, you may as well trade them into the future or use some to move up and grab the guy you want. I think it was a good move for them.

agree, they had 9 picks, and 3 first rounders. they got 3 immediate starters. They replaced Winfield, Harvin. they also got players who sat at the top of their draft board...

to say they got "fleeced" is idiotic...is Logan going to be more than a 5th CB? Is Boyce going to make the team? Is Blount? things have to take a wait and see on these players, but "fleecing" is idiotic to say

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

YOU LOSE, RKrap.

Im gonna disagree with you on this one. Did the Vikings really lose when they took 3 guys they really wanted before someone else swooped in to take them? I understand that the meat of the draft were from 2-5 or what have you but they essentially got the guys they want? They still had 6 picks after. Only so many players are going to make the team so if you had as many draft picks as they did, you may as well trade them into the future or use some to move up and grab the guy you want. I think it was a good move for them.

But, even if they got who they wanted, which I agree they clearly did, they aren't in the driver's seat right now for a SB appearance. GB is ahead of them and Detroit is still a threat, not to mention Chicago. It's bascially GB and then those 3 teams looking at a wild card.

My contention is, they aren't a SB contender right now, but they have to sell it to their fans that that they are for the reason.  Adrian Peterson is one more hand off away for Ponder to have to morph into an elite QB, which is unlikely.

Don't look  now, but the Vikes are using the Jets approach from 2008-2012.  You have to be patient and build your base first, before pretending your 1-2 moves away from putting your team over the top.

I fully realize all 3 of their picks, but this was not the draft to be trading up in, unless your a team like SF (they did trade up) who knocking on the door right now and had a ton of picks anyway.

So, maybe fleece is the wrong word here.  Minny was dumb to do that and thank you to the Vikes yet again for helping us in a trade likely winning the trade again.

We won it with the Moss trade which turned into a 3rd rder in 2011 (Ridley) and here we are again with Ryan, Harmon, Boyce and Blount. I think that is the yield.  

So, Patterson has to pretty much be better for that team than what these players are for ours in the future.  Boyce is a better pure WR on paper alone, so I like the odds.

We will see, but considering Patterson is as dumb as a bag of rocks, a reach, and they have a questionable QB situation, I like our odds.

Minny isn't really ready to ascend in the NFC. Maybe in 2-3 years if Ponder improves.

Any team that isn't an elite team right now, retooling or completely rebuilding, should have been trading back, not up.

go ahead and back pedal...the board is used to it and expects it from you

there was no "fleecing"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Please don;t try to use my words, RKrap. Babe tries to do that too, to regain leverage after being bludgeoned.

But, thanks for the compliment. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

BB clearly won the trade based on where the meat of the draft was. Meanwhile, the Vikes will be the Vikes.

so did he win if Ryan is the 5th CB, Boyce does not make the team and neither does Blount?

How do you read that I am calling you a dope, and that you are wrong about the "fleecing", as a form of flatery?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Please don;t try to use my words, RKrap. Babe tries to do that too, to regain leverage after being bludgeoned.

BB clearly won the trade based on where the meat of the draft was. Meanwhile, the Vikes will be the Vikes.

so did he win if Ryan is the 5th CB, Boyce does not make the team and neither does Blount?

How do you read that I am calling you a dope, and that you are wrong about the "fleecing", as a form of flatery?

You used my word "backpedal". That word was never, ever used here. It's mine, you know it, so don't try to use it.

Second, you're a moron if you don't think the meat of this draft where your hits are more likley in Rds 2-5 with having as many picks as possible in those rounds. 

Every single analyst worth anything, coach, GM, etc, were all tryign to trade into those rounds or saying this.  Leave it to you to try to spin it that this was not the case, because the Jets stupidly didn't or couldn't because they had no leverage in doing so. The fact they picked Geno Smith was the capper. 

Guess who also did not trade back to the meat of the draft? The Vikings!  And that's AFTER 2 1st rd picks, the worst time ever to have TWO 1st rd picks.

Cannot be made up.   The Jets and VIkes are not near a SB contender, for different reasons. Also, Minny is trying to build a stadium JUST like the Jets and how they knee jerked moves to make it seem like they were ready to win a SB.

The fact you can't see this as you follow me around is utterly highlarious.

It's even more hilarious that since I know this approach fails, as it always does, and you're using my term of "backpedal" incorrectly, it's just too much. Trust me when I tell you the intelligent people reading this right now are also laughing at you. 

Cannot be made up.

You dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole with every post.

agreed, the meat was in rounds 2-5. the playmakers and difference makers as always are in rd #1.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You used my word "backpedal". That word was never, ever used here. It's mine, you know it, so don't try to use it.

Second, you're a moron if you don't think the meat of this draft where your hits are more likley in Rds 2-5 with having as many picks as possible in those rounds. 

Every single analyst worth anything, coach, GM, etc, were all tryign to trade into those rounds or saying this.  Leave it to you to try to spin it that this was not the case, because the Jets stupidly didn't or couldn't because they had no leverage in doing so. The fact they picked Geno Smith was the capper. 

Guess who also did not trade back to the meat of the draft? The Vikings!  And that's AFTER 2 1st rd picks, the worst time ever to have TWO 1st rd picks.

Cannot be made up.   The Jets and VIkes are not near a SB contender, for different reasons. Also, Minny is trying to build a stadium JUST like the Jets and how they knee jerked moves to make it seem like they were ready to win a SB.

The fact you can't see this as you follow me around is utterly highlarious.

It's even more hilarious that since I know this approach fails, as it always does, and you're using my term of "backpedal" incorrectly, it's just too much. Trust me when I tell you the intelligent people reading this right now are also laughing at you. 

Cannot be made up.

You dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole with every post.

agreed, the meat was in rounds 2-5. the playmakers and difference makers as always are in rd #1.

Wow. They totally just deleted my response to you which is ridiculous as you troll and stalk me here with me just explaining WHY it was dumb not to trade back.

This was the weakest 1st RD and QB class in YEARS, which means there aren't many playmakers in the past!

Pick 6-40 is the same pick per Mayock and a dozen other analysts = NO REAL SLAM DUNK playemakers in Rd 1.

How can you be this obtuse?

there were players that would get meaningful snaps with the PAts at picks 20-29...it remains to be seen if the same can be said for 52-the 7th round

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rhodes, Trufant, and any player BB wanted or targeted was gone by #29 so he traded down. No one knows if he tried to trade up (I doubt it) so he drafted a CB he could use in the nickel or dime (Ryan) with a look down the road to perhaps grooming him as Talib's replacement when he bolts for more money. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Ryan (who has played no NFL games much like Trufant, Rhodes or Milliner). The Pats have two starting CBs and a decent CB in Arrington. Now ask yourself how many starting RBs Pittsburgh has after losing Mendenhall and drafting Bell. One (or its Jonathan Dwyer) and he's a rookie starter in the bruising AFC North. And still the Steelers haven't addressed all issues with their O Line.

Blount gets added to the Pats current stable of backs. To me Vereen performs the Woodhead role, Ridley is primary back with Bolden and Blount battling for change of pace back and Washington as KR with RB possibilities if there is an injury. Demps basically shot himself in the foot by indicating he wanted to focus on his track career. If you don't want to focus on your NFL career, fine, we'll find somebody who will focus more on his NFL career.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

apparently the Vikings don't have a kluwe.    Bada boom. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To me Rusty, Ballard (if healthy) is basically a light tackle; meaning great at run-blocking or pass protection. Do people realize that the Pats got a 26 yr old former 1000 yrd rusher for next to nothing? Agree on the power formation. Again everyone has to be healthy; my only concern is that Blount runs a little to upright at times and has fumbled a little too much.....again a minor concern when you have good stable of backs. IMHO Washington killed the Pats on returns more than a few times and this means we don't have to worry about the Pats starting free safety(McCourty) getting murdered on returns. None of the backs has to worry about getting 25-30 carries per game. Glad Ridley add the weight, but want to make sure the concussion(*sic) is over. If Chandler puts on 10-15 lbs. and learns the swim move look out rest of AFC East. New slogan: feed Legarette the carrot !

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts