RB Michael Bush set to visit NE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

RB Michael Bush set to visit NE

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 4m

Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: RB Michael Bush set to visit NE

He's a tank in short yardage. not really an every down RB but is solid. had some big games in Oakland couple years ago

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Two years ago some were clamoring for him.  I don't get it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If BB brought him in as the goal-line/short yardage RB I don't see an issue. No way he takes carries from Bolden or Rid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If BB brought him in as the goal-line/short yardage RB I don't see an issue. No way he takes carries from Bolden or Rid

[/QUOTE]

Might be a good pick up,didn't 't do much with Bears,but a fresh start with a better offensive line might help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I don't like the pick if they choose to sign him, I think Bolden is the same back but younger. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't like the pick if they choose to sign him, I think Bolden is the same back but younger. 

[/QUOTE]

Bolden:

Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg

Bush:

Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 245 lb (111 kg)

Don't know what comparison being made here... Both do run 4.6 40's but Bolden is more a small guy with power and little burst and Bush is a mack truck who probably runs through traffic better than Blount just not as dangerous in the open

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I just think Bolden can do what he would come in here to do, which would be to get short yardage.. If Bush can help that would be a plus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

For veteran minimum with no guaranteed money.... sure why not. It won't hurt to look and if he has nothing left on the treads... nothing lost. he never makes it out of camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I guess this is the answer to my request for a pounder.  Like him for what he is - short yardage/goal line guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess this is the answer to my request for a pounder.  Like him for what he is - short yardage/goal line guy.

[/QUOTE]

Mos def!!

BB has a recurring nightmare with Ridley fumbling inside the 5 yard line with the game on the line and it keeps him in search of....................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 4m

Former #Bears RB Michael Bush is set to visit the #Patriots, source says. Still trying to find that RB after Blount, Moreno signed.

I can't understand why they let Blount walk. So now, they look to Michael Bush to replace him?

Considering what the Steelers paid him ($3.8 over two years), would it have ruined their cap if they had topped that with a two year, $4mil. deal? The guy is the best RB that they've had here since Corey Dillon...and they let him go for a pittance: http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/were-pats-shortsighted-blount?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Free agent RB Michael Bush will visit the Patriots.

The Patriots are in the market for a big back after opting not to re-sign LeGarrette Blount. Bush averaged a pitiful 3.1 YPC with the Bears last season and was released at the start of the new league year. He'll turn 30 in June and hasn't drawn any known interest before now. Bush is the definition of a plodder.  

------------------

Why not keep Blount?  Why not go after Moreno?  I think the Pats screwed up on the RB situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 4m

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand why they let Blount walk. So now, they look to Michael Bush to replace him?

Considering what the Steelers paid him ($3.8 over two years), would it have ruined their cap if they had topped that with a two year, $4mil. deal? The guy is the best RB that they've had here since Corey Dillon...and they let him go for a pittance: http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/were-pats-shortsighted-blount?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo 

[/QUOTE]

+2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I don't know how much the guy has left, but I really liked his game in Oakland.  Very big, bruising back that can be used in short-yardage situations.

I don't think Chicago took advantage of his skill set as they gave Forte the majority of goal line carries, to go along with their predictable screens to him as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 4m

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The best RB we've had since Dillon is Ridley. 

If Blount had the season he had in 2013 but the big games were weeks 1-2 not 16-17-18 people would have a different tone. 

A rattled Rid had the same exact production as Blount. And that 1200 yard 12TD in 2012 too best individual season since Dillon which everyone seems to forget

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Blount was one dimensional.  Could not catch a pass.  Teams started to load up the box when he was in there.  Knew it would not be a pass play. 

Bolden has not do anything since the PED fine in 2012. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 4m

[/QUOTE]

Man the pats didnt even attempt to lock up Woodhead after he flourished his 1st year here and even the contract that he got after 3 years of good work was pretty modest and Woody to me was much more valuble than Blount. I dont see why anyone would be surprised. BB never pays for RBs. He will draft another when Ridleys contract is up. I dont always agree as I said 3 years ago we should lock up Woodhead while he was still an unknown.  I dont think Blount was that valuble to us considering the Run is still second fiddle to the passing game and we have 3 formidable options in Rids, Bolden, Vareen. The lack of production vs Denver didnt help either as it seems BB is loading up to face them. Blount took advantage of his time here and parlayed it into some decent money. Good for him but he wasnt gonna carry us to a SB IMO. We saw what he did vs awaiting defenses. Not much

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man the pats didnt even attempt to lock up Woodhead after he flourished his 1st year here and even the contract that he got after 3 years of good work was pretty modest and Woody to me was much more valuble than Blount. I dont see why anyone would be surprised. BB never pays for RBs. He will draft another when Ridleys contract is up. I dont always agree as I said 3 years ago we should lock up Woodhead while he was still an unknown.  I dont think Blount was that valuble to us considering the Run is still second fiddle to the passing game and we have 3 formidable options in Rids, Bolden, Vareen. The lack of production vs Denver didnt help either as it seems BB is loading up to face them. Blount took advantage of his time here and parlayed it into some decent money. Good for him but he wasnt gonna carry us to a SB IMO. We saw what he did vs awaiting defenses. Not much

[/QUOTE]

Indianapolis wasn't an "awaiting defense" for Blount?? Against Denver, you had an awaiting 335 pound, unblocked NT awaiting him. Who is going to run through that??

"We saw what he did vs. awaiting defenses", huh? Other than the AFC title game in Denver, when OC Wendell and both of the Patriots OGs, Mankins and Connelly, couldn't handle Terrence Knighton...what "awaiting defense" stopped him?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Indianapolis wasn't an "awaiting defense" for Blount?? Against Denver, you had an awaiting 335 pound, unblocked NT awaiting him. Who is going to run through that??

"We saw what he did vs. awaiting defenses", huh? Other than the AFC title game in Denver, when OC Wendell and both of the Patriots OGs, Mankins and Connelly, couldn't handle Terrence Knighton...what "awaiting defense" stopped him?  

[/QUOTE]

The only one that matters Tex. Im not impressed with regular season stats vs a crappy division and I dont want you to misundestand. I like Blount and what he brought. I was the one excited and posted about him being the next A.Smith and Vareen being Faulk and them helping us win a SB like in 2003, BUT it Never happened and time is running out and BB opted to go in another direction. Would I have liked Blount to say? Sure but I dont think the loss is detrimental.

Until BB gets a Prime time back that he feels should take touches away from Brady, its always gonna be the same. The run will get stuffed early and we go away. Why cant people make the correlation? BB doesnt care for RBs, esp. since he got Brady. He doesnt like wasting plays so expecting BB to "stick with the run" in the playoffs while posessions are wasted?? Its never gonna happen under BB. Ive seen enough to know how BB operates. I just feel paying ANY old RB is a waste. If BB can get A.P. things will change. Blount as great as he looked at times was just NOT a hot commodity and that should tell you all you need to know. BB did good just by getting him to lower his pad level and stop hurdling defenders. if not for BB, Blount would be out the league this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

He's a typical buy- low candidate that Belichick loves to take a chance on.  For being such a big running back, he actually has some pretty good skills.  The other good news is that he should have some tread left on the tires since he hasn't seen a lot of work in Chicago the past couple of years.  Heck they might not even sign him, but if they do, I will be interested to see how he does.  Whether they sign him or not I still think they will draft a running back this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only one that matters Tex. Im not impressed with regular season stats vs a crappy division and I dont want you to misundestand. I like Blount and what he brought. I was the one excited and posted about him being the next A.Smith and Vareen being Faulk and them helping us win a SB like in 2003, BUT it Never happened and time is running out and BB opted to go in another direction. Would I have liked Blount to say? Sure but I dont think the loss is detrimental.

RESPONSE: So...you're blaming the Pats complete inability to run the ball in the AFC Title game on Blount?? How was losing him beneficial to the team, when he is the best RB that they have? By letting Blount walk for pittance, relaively speaking...all the Pats did was create another area of need for themelves, that must be addressed in the draft.

Until BB gets a Prime time back that he feels should take touches away from Brady, its always gonna be the same.

RESPONSE: Did you watch the Pats last four games, and the playoff game against Indy? Blount did "take touches away from Brady", bigtime.

The run will get stuffed early and we go away. Why cant people make the correlation?

RESPONSE: The run only got stuffed in one game...against Denver. Why?Because the interior of the Pats OL got manhandled by a fat butted, lard bellied NT, that no one could block.

BB doesnt care for RBs, esp. since he got Brady. He doesnt like wasting plays so expecting BB to "stick with the run" in the playoffs while posessions are wasted?? Its never gonna happen under BB.

RESPONSE: When was the last time that the Pats won a SB? Answer...when they played better defense, and could run the ball, using Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk, and Alonzo Highsmith.

Ive seen enough to know how BB operates. I just feel paying ANY old RB is a waste. If BB can get A.P. things will change. Blount as great as he looked at times was just NOT a hot commodity and that should tell you all you need to know. BB did good just by getting him to lower his pad level and stop hurdling defenders. if not for BB, Blount would be out the league this year.

RESPONSE: So...you think that Ridley is a better RB than Blount? You think that any RB could have done what Blount did at the end of the regular season, and against Indy? I don't anybody else here, perhaps save Rusty, would agree with you.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Pats place a low value on backs and look at them as interchangable parts with a very short useful shelf life...Bush is  a true JAG at this point, but don't be surprised if they sign him for two years because their backs on the current roster all have this season as their last under contract...I'm sure they'll use one of the first 4 rounders on a RB....hope Bush catches the ball better than Blount...I'm sure any back they drift will catch the ball as well...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: So...you're blaming the Pats complete inability to run the ball in the AFC Title game on Blount?? How was losing him beneficial to the team, when he is the best RB that they have? By letting Blount walk for pittance, relaively speaking...all the Pats did was create another area of need for themelves, that must be addressed in the draft.

Until BB gets a Prime time back that he feels should take touches away from Brady, its always gonna be the same.

RESPONSE: Did you watch the Pats last four games, and the playoff game against Indy? Blount did "take touches away from Brady", bigtime.

The run will get stuffed early and we go away. Why cant people make the correlation?

RESPONSE: The run only got stuffed in one game...against Denver. Why?Because the interior of the Pats OL got manhandled by a fat butted, lard bellied NT, that no one could block.

BB doesnt care for RBs, esp. since he got Brady. He doesnt like wasting plays so expecting BB to "stick with the run" in the playoffs while posessions are wasted?? Its never gonna happen under BB.

RESPONSE: When was the last time that the Pats won a SB? Answer...when they played better defense, and could run the ball, using Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk, and Alonzo Highsmith.

Ive seen enough to know how BB operates. I just feel paying ANY old RB is a waste. If BB can get A.P. things will change. Blount as great as he looked at times was just NOT a hot commodity and that should tell you all you need to know. BB did good just by getting him to lower his pad level and stop hurdling defenders. if not for BB, Blount would be out the league this year.

RESPONSE: So...you think that Ridley is a better RB than Blount? You think that any RB could have done what Blount did at the end of the regular season, and against Indy? I don't anybody else here, perhaps save Rusty, would agree with you.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+5

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude your beef is with BB. YOU are the one sounding like Rusty. Taking up beefs online with folks with things that should be brought up to the coach/gm.

I already said I like Blount. How do we correlate who is better between Blount and Ridley??  Numbers wise, it aint even close. Do we measure him based on the coaching up he got from BB or his whole career when he was fumbling more than Ridley in Tampa?

of course im not blaming Blount for not running all over Denver. Im blaming Brady for being a Hall of Fame QB. Please name all the hall of Fame Qbs who handed off to cast off, undrafted guys that get traded for trackstars...I'll wait for you to look it up. You must have an issue reading my posts. I am not telling you it was a great Idea, Im simply telling you WHY it happened. Same as I been telling Rusty for YEARS WHY BB doesnt commit to the run and He never gets it and attacks ME. BB is what he is. We should ALL know his style by now. To raise hell over expected moves is pointless. Its not MY philosphy to Overuse the QB, but I understand it with the way our D has played over the past 6 years.

Cry over Blount all you want but facts are, until BB got him and coached him up he was on his way out the league. Ridley is a star in the making, minus the fumbling. Make a Poll and see what fans think.

Sections
Shortcuts