RB news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

RB news

Hearing Pats in on Moreno, and offered him a deal. First one that accepts what is on the table, Moreno or Blount is where Pats seemingly are headed. McD first ever draft choice was Moreno at #12. 

Seems to fit what the pats want to do, but hard to see both Moreno and Ridley duplication. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: RB news

Um, my reaction to that would be:  WOW!  I guess I'm not in with the in crowd because I had no idea they were interested in Moreno.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I mentioned it yesterday that I thought Moreno would make a lot of sense here, I don't think they trust Ridley and I think they know that Blount is just not that good. Moreno would do several things...he'd hurt the Broncos by leaving, he'd be able to run, block and catch pases for us. We need someone like that - a guy who doesn't have to come off the field - something somewhat dynamic and less predictable for our offense. Too me it's a no brainer.

I'm not saying Moreno is the greatest ever, but he's what we need on this offense...a good player in his prime. I read that Manning loves him as a player and that they don't trust anyone else on that offense to block for him...it would be a big loss for them. They have signed some of our star players, I'd like to see us return the favor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If true, Moreno would be the bell cow like Blount became. Except he's way better than Blount. Ridley would be what he was at the end of last year. You need two backs and then some. 

Moreno is just a little better runner than Ridley, but he's definitely much better out of the backfield. 

Could it also be that they're in it to drive up the price?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hearing Pats in on Moreno, and offered him a deal. First one that accepts what is on the table, Moreno or Blount is where Pats seemingly are headed. McD first ever draft choice was Moreno at #12. 

Seems to fit what the pats want to do, but hard to see both Moreno and Ridley duplication. 

[/QUOTE]

Too me there is no duplication, Moreno is a better all around player. I was waiting for Ridley to improve and grow as player last year, but instead of seeing a guy who improved (started catching passes, blocked better, better ball security, running at a better pad level, making better decisions) I saw the same cowboy runner who liked to spin and turn his back to the defense, only to be knocked into next week. And he still loves running with that football waving out there for the whole defense to see.

I think this guy should be a backup, and I think if he was (with Moreno starting, Vareen as a change of pace)...then we'd truly have an outstanding stable of running backs. I didn't feel that way last year - despite some success - because every single one of them could only do one thing well...it was like it took three of them to equal one complete back and you just can't do that without being predictable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If true, Moreno would be the bell cow like Blount became. Except he's way better than Blount. Ridley would be what he was at the end of last year. You need two backs and then some. 

Moreno is just a little better runner than Ridley, but he's definitely much better out of the backfield. 

Could it also be that they're in it to drive up the price?

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think Moreno is a slightly better runner than Ridley...a little more compact, a little quicker, a little shiftier. And he is much better in the passing game - we'd finally have a back where the defense couldn't look at the runner and say, "it's Vareen, it's going to be a screen..or it's Ridley, it's a run or play action pass....or it's Blount, it's a run up inside". Too me that's just not good enough. Denver has it made with this guy, he adds a subtle dynamic that goes a bit unnoticed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Yeah, I don't want to spend big $ on any RB and this guy isn't Adrian Peterson. He's maybe a top 10 back, around there. He's an improvement, but not a superstar. So, I hope the contract isn't crazy.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't want to spend big $ on any RB and this guy isn't Adrian Peterson. He's maybe a top 10 back, around there. He's an improvement, but not a superstar. So, I hope the contract isn't crazy.  

[/QUOTE]

No I agree. Paying a running back big money is a mistake unless the guy is a super star, but having a guy who you don't have to take off the field is probably something that goes overlooked. I think something like that would help this offense more than we could imagine.

Truth is the guy probably wants to be paid big, and if not will go back to Denver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I doubt we sign Moreno.  Cant see NE offering him enough money to compete with other bidders.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I guess I have to agree; for reasonable money, sure.  Something big? Forget it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

He would definitely be a good addition to the team. A RB attack of Moreno, Ridley, and Vereen would be pretty dangerous. They all can catch and run. With Blount the Defense knows we're going to run. I like Blount but if we can get Moreno over him then I would take that as long as the contract is reasonable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I doubt we sign Moreno.  Cant see NE offering him enough money to compete with other bidders.

I have a feeling they're in on him to make Elway pay up. We'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Driving the price up.  Smart move.  I think Denver will resign him, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Just hope he doesn't sign with Denver, he's a very good back in that system.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He'd be a very good back in our system too - Denver drafted his replacement last year - it would be nice to land him here because his replacement might miss some of those blocks Moreno afforded Manning....although Montee Ball looks like the real deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I think it would be nice to see Moreno here. he is a talented guy and can catch which is huge as well. and it would be nice to see Denver lose him

kinda sucks if it did happen bcz i think Ridley can carry the load again like he did in 2012.. but oh well. like I said, for some reason, I'm really biased towards Rid...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We dont throw enough to our RB's, espescially on checkdowns. The ole Safety valve. Love to see 50- 70 catches from 1 of them. Simple play that spreads the field.

Long hand-offs, with a miss tackle, 5 yards become 20.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We focus now on the Slot reciever, (that was the Welker effect), TE. and WO, we forgot about RB. Yes we have Vereen, but the whole stadium knows he's in mainly for Catching the ball. Got to stop being predictable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Wish we would throw minimum 5 times a game to Ridley, he would be even more dangerous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Denver has moved on with Ball and has no interest in Moreno.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He'd be a very good back in our system too - Denver drafted his replacement last year - it would be nice to land him here because his replacement might miss some of those blocks Moreno afforded Manning....although Montee Ball looks like the real deal.

[/QUOTE]

Ball looks like the real deal??! Do you ever do any homework or do you just believe what Horseteeth says publicly in his creamsicle orange ties?  bwaahaha

He fumbled more than he had successful runs!  Not really, but he was awful early on and not used at one point! Yet, you consider him some kind of "real deal"? How can you say that based on his being benched after fumbling like crazy in limited duty?

At least Ridley fumbles as our lead back taking up the bulk of the carries.

His first ever carry was a fumble, I believe.  Double lol.

He had 3 fumbles and 3 fumbles lost in limited duty.  He'd probably average 6-7 fumbles per year as a lead back. That's actually Denver's huge question mark entering 2014 in their cap hell. If they could resign Moreno, they'd at least know what they have instead of pretending they know with MOntee Ball, a 2nd year player who has never been a full time RB in the NFL before.

His nickname is now "Fumbles" in Denver.  He makes Ridley look like Corey Dillon.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/09/24/montee-ball-fumbles/21934/

He may work out fine, but settle down.  I'd take RIdley, Vereen and Bolden over him in two seconds and not think twice.

[/QUOTE]

You going to say a guy is not a good player based off of one year? In limited reps he got almost 600 hards for a 4.7 ypc average and gave them 20 receptions. If that was a rookie on this team you'd put him in the hall of fame and say...the warnings were out people!! Thats is exactly what you would do. And it's why you are considered a fraud and a loser around here. You are a laughing stalk that can't be taken seriously. Point blank.

Yes he needs work, boy you are smart. LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Morenos stats are inflated by the offense he was in. One 100 yard game and that was against us.

Imo, he's a slightly worse version of Pierre Thomas. I would take Moreno at that Thomas price iif he plays a similar role. You're gonna get disappointed if you watch Moreno get 220+ carries.

Ridley and Vereen need to improve to the point that defenses don't know we're running when Ridley is in, and passing or doing a draw when Vereen is in 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Wish we would throw minimum 5 times a game to Ridley, he would be even more dangerous.

[/QUOTE]

Only if he catches the ball.  He's been pretty inconsistent as a receiver.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well if they offered him a deal, then it's real.  At worst, yes, it messes with Denver, but from what I read, it would be a shock for Moreno to be back in Denver due to their cap hell.

So, if it's true there is a deal on the table, MOreno will choose money (Miami) or chance at a ring (NE).

I would guess Miami's deal was higher, but he also left without a deal there.

[/QUOTE]

Denver currently has about 1.1 million more in cap room than the Pats have (7.6 versus 6.5).  I haven't looked at both rosters to see who needs to sign more players at this point or who has more potential cuts to free up cap space, but I suspect Denver's cap situation isn't too far from what the Pats' is right now.  If we release Wilfork, we end up with a good deal more space.  Not sure if the Broncos have any other cuts to make. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Morenos stats are inflated by the offense he was in. One 100 yard game and that was against us.

Imo, he's a slightly worse version of Pierre Thomas. I would take Moreno at that Thomas price iif he plays a similar role. You're gonna get disappointed if you watch Moreno get 220+ carries.

Ridley and Vereen need to improve to the point that defenses don't know we're running when Ridley is in, and passing or doing a draw when Vereen is in 

It's interesting because the Broncos were in shotgun almost every play last year, so Moreno was running out of shotgun the most, I believe.  I'd be interested to see how he's done running with the QB under center on likely running downs. Does he get tough yardage in known running situations or does he capitalize on the defense expecting pass?  I really don't know--haven't watched any film of him--but that would be my question.