RB news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: RB news

Sign me up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Comparing him to Ridley misses the point IMO. Compare him to Blount, he's much better. That said, I stand by the fact that no RB outside of Peterson and maybe McCoy or Arian Foster before he started breaking down, is worth more than about $2 mil/year. The rest of them are standard issue. Bolden is as talented as Blount as far as I can tell. He can even catch a pass every now and then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'd throw Charles from KC in that top group also, although he's not going to last much longer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just hope he doesn't sign with Denver, he's a very good back in that system.

[/QUOTE]

He'd be a very good back in our system too - Denver drafted his replacement last year - it would be nice to land him here because his replacement might miss some of those blocks Moreno afforded Manning....although Montee Ball looks like the real deal.

[/QUOTE]

Ball looks like the real deal??! Do you ever do any homework or do you just believe what Horseteeth says publicly in his creamsicle orange ties?  bwaahaha

He fumbled more than he had successful runs!  Not really, but he was awful early on and not used at one point! Yet, you consider him some kind of "real deal"? How can you say that based on his being benched after fumbling like crazy in limited duty?

At least Ridley fumbles as our lead back taking up the bulk of the carries.

His first ever carry was a fumble, I believe.  Double lol.

He had 3 fumbles and 3 fumbles lost in limited duty.  He'd probably average 6-7 fumbles per year as a lead back. That's actually Denver's huge question mark entering 2014 in their cap hell. If they could resign Moreno, they'd at least know what they have instead of pretending they know with MOntee Ball, a 2nd year player who has never been a full time RB in the NFL before.

His nickname is now "Fumbles" in Denver.  He makes Ridley look like Corey Dillon.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/09/24/montee-ball-fumbles/21934/

He may work out fine, but settle down.  I'd take RIdley, Vereen and Bolden over him in two seconds and not think twice.

[/QUOTE]

You going to say a guy is not a good player based off of one year? In limited reps he got almost 600 hards for a 4.7 ypc average and gave them 20 receptions. If that was a rookie on this team you'd put him in the hall of fame and say...the warnings were out people!! Thats is exactly what you would do. And it's why you are considered a fraud and a loser around here. You are a laughing stalk that can't be taken seriously. Point blank.

Yes he needs work, boy you are smart. LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Umm, that offense set NFL records, more so than the 2007 Pats offense. YOU could have beneffited from that as an RB.

Wait until he's expect to carry the load and can't.

I would not put any RB in the HOF in a Pats uni who fumbled a lot as a scatback. Faulk's early career was in jeopardy, but this is like saying Faulk looked like "the real deal" entering the 2000 season.

bawhahaha

Cannot be made up. Face it, you never do your homework on the real truth about other teams or their players, Cupcake. You just buy into the hype from the headline of an internet article as your miserable  self goes through life being miserable.

BB is the best coach and GM of all time and that fact bothers you since you've at here for years mocking him, while oddly now praising Horseteeth in Denver who has made some moronic moves, like ridding the team of the best young players of their 2009 and 2010 drafts, unable to pay them due to poor planning.

Now, a fumbling machine like Ball "looks like the real deal"???

[/QUOTE]

You are the same moron that told the board that "Curtis Martin was never used as a pass catcher throughout his career". You said that, now too me that is the single most embarrassing (and eye opening) statement I've ever heard from anyone on this board, because it shows just how little "homework" you do. By the way, Curtis Martin is ranked 14th all time in pass receptions by a running back - not bad considering there are roughly 10000 guys who have played running back in the NFL. And not bad considering you said, "he couldn't catch passes". LOL!

And don't go around telling us who can catch passes from the running back position on this team, because you are clueless. You make it seem like catching passes in the NFL is like catching passes in your backyard. Yeah we'll just run any old guy out there (did you actually mention Maroney?? Bawahahaha!) and have them run patterns, turn for the ball, secure it in their hands, take a hit, turn up field, catch it over their shoulder, away from their body, get the right depth in their routes, get open, etc. You think just anyone can do that? I mean yeah, anyone can catch 10 passes a year, but a guy like Moreno caught 60 last year - not everyone can do that.

Learn the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

I doubt we sign Moreno.  Cant see NE offering him enough money to compete with other bidders.

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling they're in on him to make Elway pay up. We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

Well if they offered him a deal, then it's real.  At worst, yes, it messes with Denver, but from what I read, it would be a shock for Moreno to be back in Denver due to their cap hell.

So, if it's true there is a deal on the table, MOreno will choose money (Miami) or chance at a ring (NE).

I would guess Miami's deal was higher, but he also left without a deal there.

[/QUOTE]

Denver currently has about 1.1 million more in cap room than the Pats have (7.6 versus 6.5).  I haven't looked at both rosters to see who needs to sign more players at this point or who has more potential cuts to free up cap space, but I suspect Denver's cap situation isn't too far from what the Pats' is right now.  If we release Wilfork, we end up with a good deal more space.  Not sure if the Broncos have any other cuts to make. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Denver's team is much thinner than ours at this point as they've lost almost all of their younger players entering their primes, unable to sign them. lol

Beadles, Decker, Ayers, Woodyard, and now Moreno.  I am sorry, but that is a lot of in-house talent that was cultivated there for 4-5 years that now is gone.

To act confused about our teambuild and theirs is preposterous at this point.

All of our younger players or players in their primes are under contract, plus we just added two key defensive players (as did Denver), but look at who is under contract as opposed to who we could keep, is already under contract and the drafts compared to Denver's recent drafts.

Not even close, dude.

Talib may be a bit more talented than DRC, but if he's not healthy, I am not sure it matters.

The fact Demarius Thomas might go to FA next year could also be a total disaster for Denver. If you have a Pro Bowl WR coming into his prime and he's not locked down yet?

Ouch.

IN fact, if that extension is coming, they will be over the cap most likely after their draft because Thomas will be making a lot more with the extension as the raise in 2014.

DOuble ouch.

So, Denver may be cutting more players this summer, which may hurt their overall teambuild in 2014.

The media just glosses over these elements and just gushes over Elway, when in reality, Elway has been a moron from the outset.

[/QUOTE]

Talk about not doing your homework

while of course so very early, today, Denver's salary cap for 2015 shows them with $40M in cap space. That's with manning, ware, Talib etc, etc...

they should be able to sign whomever they please...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

I doubt we sign Moreno.  Cant see NE offering him enough money to compete with other bidders.

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling they're in on him to make Elway pay up. We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

Well if they offered him a deal, then it's real.  At worst, yes, it messes with Denver, but from what I read, it would be a shock for Moreno to be back in Denver due to their cap hell.

So, if it's true there is a deal on the table, MOreno will choose money (Miami) or chance at a ring (NE).

I would guess Miami's deal was higher, but he also left without a deal there.

[/QUOTE]

Denver currently has about 1.1 million more in cap room than the Pats have (7.6 versus 6.5).  I haven't looked at both rosters to see who needs to sign more players at this point or who has more potential cuts to free up cap space, but I suspect Denver's cap situation isn't too far from what the Pats' is right now.  If we release Wilfork, we end up with a good deal more space.  Not sure if the Broncos have any other cuts to make. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Denver's team is much thinner than ours at this point as they've lost almost all of their younger players entering their primes, unable to sign them. lol

Beadles, Decker, Ayers, Woodyard, and now Moreno.  I am sorry, but that is a lot of in-house talent that was cultivated there for 4-5 years that now is gone.

To act confused about our teambuild and theirs is preposterous at this point.

All of our younger players or players in their primes are under contract, plus we just added two key defensive players (as did Denver), but look at who is under contract as opposed to who we could keep, is already under contract and the drafts compared to Denver's recent drafts.

Not even close, dude.

Talib may be a bit more talented than DRC, but if he's not healthy, I am not sure it matters.

The fact Demarius Thomas might go to FA next year could also be a total disaster for Denver. If you have a Pro Bowl WR coming into his prime and he's not locked down yet?

Ouch.

IN fact, if that extension is coming, they will be over the cap most likely after their draft because Thomas will be making a lot more with the extension as the raise in 2014.

DOuble ouch.

So, Denver may be cutting more players this summer, which may hurt their overall teambuild in 2014.

The media just glosses over these elements and just gushes over Elway, when in reality, Elway has been a moron from the outset.

[/QUOTE]

Hey dumbo, didn't someone bet you that Denver would make the playoffs next year after you ran around saying they were doomed and in "salary cap hell"?? As I remember you ran away from that bet and your own premise that "Denver was in salary cap hell and wouldn't be able to keep their roster together"...of course this was before they went out and signed everybody but Jesus Christ this off season.

Learn the game, or at least fake it till you make it. It's ok, don't be embarrassed...people around here are nice..we can teach you, but you have to want it:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I am willing to bet Denver won't be going through anything remotely similar to what Baltimore went through last offseason.

Plain and simple, my guess is Elway and Manning have a good idea of when PM hangs it up, and my guess is after this season.

Once PM is off the books, they should have no trouble resigning their players, it'll be about finding the next QB. Should they find the next guy right away, they should still have a playoff contending roster.

I don't take Elway for a complete moron. He doesn't make all these moves if he thinks PM and his cap hit aren't gone in the next 1-2 seasons

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wish we would throw minimum 5 times a game to Ridley, he would be even more dangerous.

[/QUOTE]

Only if he catches the ball.  He's been pretty inconsistent as a receiver.  

[/QUOTE]

Most of the Pats' wide receivers were pretty inconsistent at catching the ball too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am willing to bet Denver won't be going through anything remotely similar to what Baltimore went through last offseason.

Plain and simple, my guess is Elway and Manning have a good idea of when PM hangs it up, and my guess is after this season.

Once PM is off the books, they should have no trouble resigning their players, it'll be about finding the next QB. Should they find the next guy right away, they should still have a playoff contending roster.

I don't take Elway for a complete moron. He doesn't make all these moves if he thinks PM and his cap hit aren't gone in the next 1-2 seasons

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Good post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They'll be what they were before Manning got there, average. If you removed Manning and replaced him with a league average QB, they're still better than Oakland. I'll give them that. I can see somewhere in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wish we would throw minimum 5 times a game to Ridley, he would be even more dangerous.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most of the Pats' wide receivers were pretty inconsistent at catching the ball too.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I've saying for years they need better ones. Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well this is the type of thing our village idiot (travis bean) doesn't think about when he talks of the salary cap, it's beyond his reach to consider the fact that NFL teams have educated people to manage their salary caps. Instead he sits at home popping Vicodin thinking he has a better handle on all this, it's laughable in a sense...embarrassing in another.

He has virtually no idea how 99% of these nfl contracts are written and has no clue what the cap charge is on these players that he screams "salary cap hell" about. So bean sees a guy sign a big contract and says, "salary cap hell" before the ink is even dry, without knowing what the contract looks like, or who will be coming of the books for that team down the road. The guy is clueless. Every team he said was in "salary cap hell" had more salary cap space than us heading into this free agency period. And to top it all off he screamed of a "flat cap"...and what happened? The salary cap went up 10 million and is supposed to go up even more next season. This guy actually thinks that NFL owners would prevent themselves from competing and having a chance to put a decent product on the field! Think about it - if an owner allowed the whole premise of salary cap hell in proportion to the way rusty thinks it is - the very product they produce would be diminished. That is not going to happen in the NFL. Ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is very interesting info about Moreno.  I would like to see Blount back but now that the Moreno rumor is out there I like this idea much better.  Let's get him.  He can run, block, catch.  With Blount you know what is going to happen when he is in the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

Comparing him to Ridley misses the point IMO. Compare him to Blount, he's much better. That said, I stand by the fact that no RB outside of Peterson and maybe McCoy or Arian Foster before he started breaking down, is worth more than about $2 mil/year. The rest of them are standard issue. Bolden is as talented as Blount as far as I can tell. He can even catch a pass every now and then.

[/QUOTE]

I was not a fan of Blount when we got him. I am now. I prefer they sign Blount. I like Blount Ridley Vereen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

Ridley and Vereen need to improve to the point that defenses don't know we're running when Ridley is in, and passing or doing a draw when Vereen is in 

[/QUOTE]

Vereen and a fullback with no Ridley.  We should start a pool on when Ridley fumbles this coming season or when his fumble loses a game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I could see either of them Moreno or blount playing for the Patriots, but with that said I could see MJD in the backfield also. My guess is though since they are running out of cap space Andre Williams or Dri Archer could be the answers as much as a proven vet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If this happens I LOVE IT!...Moreno far better all around back than Blount, can catch passes, is a tough workhorse....he'd do much better here with the platoon system getting his legs some rest and doesn't seem to have a case of bad hands and fumbles like Ridley......plus you have the eternal BB game of screwing your biggest enemy with economics...with a good enough offer, but not too good, BB wins either way...he either takes your biggest opponents best runner, or drives the cost up for them to keep him....

Hadn't heard this one so thanks for the info rkarp!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What was JM opinion of Moreno when he was Coach of Denver?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Moreno is more of a complete back, especially in the passing game but only has one decent season and was being considered a bust until he turned it around last season.  Outside of the passing game though he's really not better than Ridley, who also has holes in his game but is a homegrown talent, a hard worker, and a good citizen, who had over 1200 yards and 12 TDs two years ago.

More on Moreno from Miami Herald.

1. You can’t overestimate how much it helped Moreno’s game to play in Peyton Manning’s record-setting offense behind a solid offensive line.

2. Although Moreno was tied for 4th in the NFL with 10 rushing touchdowns, fifth in the NFL with 1,586 yards from scrimmage and 12th in yards with 1,038, he did have some troubling statistics:

- Moreno was 17th in the NFL (of 55 halfbacks) with 489 yards after contact. But in yards after contact per attempt, Moreno was tied for 39th with 2.0. Miami’s Lamar Miller was slightly ahead of Moreno, tied for 31st at 2.1. Daniel Thomas was also tied for 39th with Moreno.

- In missed tackles (tackles either broken or avoided), Moreno was tied for 29th with 21. The NFL leader, Marshawn Lynch, had 75. Moreno was tied with Miami’s Thomas. Miller was just slightly behind, tied for 33rd with 20 missed tackles. Moreno had 847 snaps while Miller had 633 and Thomas had 352.

Pro Football Focus did great Moreno well as a receiving running back, grading him 8th overall there.

As a pure runner, he graded 23rd. As a blocker, he graded 28th — behind Miller (20th) and slightly ahead of Thomas (31st).

Moreno had only one fumble in 2013.

Moreno’s worst stat was in offensive penalties. He was second-to-last in the league, ahead of only Ray Rice.

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2014/03/21/miami-dolphins-free-agency-a-detailed-look-at-knowshon-morenos-statistics/#sthash.XQ9oXtRq.dpuf

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing that.  

Hopefully these young receivers we have develop into atleast decent receivers to go along with Edelman, Amendola and Lafell.  

Hopefully Amendola, Gronk and Edelman stay healthy.

Hopefully Dobson recovers from his foot injury.

I know, that's a lot of "Hopefully's".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

This has been reported since 3/21 by Jerry Thornton.  He was the first guy who reported the brandon Lafell interest by the Patriots.  This would be better then Blount. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They'll be what they were before Manning got there, average. If you removed Manning and replaced him with a league average QB, they're still better than Oakland. I'll give them that. I can see somewhere in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.  

[/QUOTE]

That's a decent record for holding an average QB. There aren't too many teams out there who can be a 10 win team with an average QB.

But being in "salary cap hell" and being in search of your next QB are two totally different issues. 

Conceivably, should Manning retire after this season, the broncos can field a playoff competitive team with a rookie QB if that rookie is at least decent.

Elways strategy isn't that bad as long as he can hit his draft picks, which pretty much goes for all teams. Miller and DT can be easily resigned if Manning retires in the next two seasons and the cap gets to 150.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats why you do a Bill Walsh, keep it simple. Make sure a Pass Play to a Runningback is a long hand-off. You dont need complicated routes, a simple 5 yard out in the flat will do it. Then you have mismatches, fast power runningback, and one miss tackle, or fake out a LB, turns into the same play as a deeper pass route. With less chance of a turnover. Simple is beautiful in football.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats why you do a Bill Walsh, keep it simple. Make sure a Pass Play to a Runningback is a long hand-off. You dont need complicated routes, a simple 5 yard out in the flat will do it. Then you have mismatches, fast power runningback, and one miss tackle, or fake out a LB, turns into the same play as a deeper pass route. With less chance of a turnover. Simple is beautiful in football.

[/QUOTE]

Walshs west coast O?

Naw, our Erhardt-Perkins system for the win.

Sections
Shortcuts