RB news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: RB news

call me crazy I think he's better than Ridley.. I'd take him, Moreno, Ridley, vareen, devlin/bolden...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

Wish we would throw minimum 5 times a game to Ridley, he would be even more dangerous.

Only if he catches the ball.  He's been pretty inconsistent as a receiver.  

Most of the Pats' wide receivers were pretty inconsistent at catching the ball too.

That's why I've saying for years they need better ones. Wink

Thats why you do a Bill Walsh, keep it simple. Make sure a Pass Play to a Runningback is a long hand-off. You dont need complicated routes, a simple 5 yard out in the flat will do it. Then you have mismatches, fast power runningback, and one miss tackle, or fake out a LB, turns into the same play as a deeper pass route. With less chance of a turnover. Simple is beautiful in football.

Walshs west coast O?

Naw, our Erhardt-Perkins system for the win.

Hope you know West Coast Offense was developed by Sid Gilman. Not Bill Walsh, he was a Coach under him.

Difference betweet the 2 was Walsh was Defensive guru too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Wish we would throw minimum 5 times a game to Ridley, he would be even more dangerous.

Most of the Pats' wide receivers were pretty inconsistent at catching the ball too.

Thats why you do a Bill Walsh, keep it simple. Make sure a Pass Play to a Runningback is a long hand-off. You dont need complicated routes, a simple 5 yard out in the flat will do it. Then you have mismatches, fast power runningback, and one miss tackle, or fake out a LB, turns into the same play as a deeper pass route. With less chance of a turnover. Simple is beautiful in football.

Walshs west coast O?

Naw, our Erhardt-Perkins system for the win.

Hope you know West Coast Offense was developed by Sid Gilman. Not Bill Walsh, he was a Coach under him.

Air Coryell was based off the offense Sid Gilman developed.  While similar, but different, Bill Walsh developed the West Coast offense under Paul Brown.  The Patriots use the Erhardt-Perkins system.

This will probably cause much debate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Passes to the backs should be part of the offensive armory, but I don't think you want to give up on complex combination and option routes.  Defenses are just too sophisticated today to get beaten regularly by simple passes to the flat.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We dont throw enough to our RB's, espescially on checkdowns. The ole Safety valve. Love to see 50- 70 catches from 1 of them. Simple play that spreads the field.

Long hand-offs, with a miss tackle, 5 yards become 20.

100% agree. We bring in our receiving back for plays designed for passes to the RB(Faulk, Woody, Vareen) but seldom use the check down or plays designed for our power backs to receive passes, also known as taking what the defense gives you. Considering Ridley caught 10 of his 12 targets last year I would say he is more then capable of catching a football, we just don't do it enough. We instead force our down field assault down a teams throat.

It contributes to our somewhat predictable offense and imo is a big part of the reason we have only scored 15.5 ppg in our last 6 consecutive post season exits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Passes to the backs should be part of the offensive armory, but I don't think you want to give up on complex combination and option routes.  Defenses are just too sophisticated today to get beaten regularly by simple passes to the flat.  

We wouldn't know. I guess defenses have been too sophisticated for our eyes down field pass heavy offense. As they have stifled us in the biggest game of the year for the last 7 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

We wouldn't know. I guess defenses have been too sophisticated for our eyes down field pass heavy offense. As they have stifled us in the biggest game of the year for the last 7 years.

I know, you think the coaching sucks.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wicked good burn hey^ 

Sections
Shortcuts