RB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

RB

One RB out there who I can really see filling that Corey Dillon type feature back spot is Steven Jackson. He's been stuck in St. Louis on some pretty horrible teams, and while they're setting themselves up for future success, he's already 28. He may be willing to take a team friendly contract to come to a competitor like New England. I don't know much about his attitude off the field, but if he's a "Winning" guy vs a "money" guy, he's a player I'd definitely kick the tires on. And he's also a name I haven't heard too much buzz about moving. I didn't even realize he was a free agent until today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: RB

this is news to me as well. He is def. still a game changer. There is talk of him wearing down soon as he has been a workhorse there but if he came here he would be lucky to get more than 25 carries a game, and more likely would get 18-22.

At 28 he still has 2 to 3 more good years and another 3 "patriot years" in him after that...lol

I dont believe he is a free agent, but if he was, Im sure someone would outbid us for his services. Do you have a link showing his contract status?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Steven Jax is not a free agent .

That said , with the Rams trading down from pick #2 , they most likely be staring at Trent Richardson at their pick #6 .
     Wouldnt shock me if they did a draft day trade involving Jax at that point .

Personally Id love to have the Rams bruiser onboard - but I believe his contract is for someething like two more years at big bucks .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Jackson isn't free until 2014. I still think the target is Jonathan Stewart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: RB:
    [QUOTE] Jackson isn't free until 2014. I still think the target is Jonathan Stewart.

Posted by Joel63[/QUOTE]

He's not FA either, so how is he a target?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

I live here in the Charlotte area, and our local sports station, WFNZ has been saying for about a month now, that the Patriots may be interested in Stewart. It's strictly rumor mind you, but as I listened to them, they made quite a good case. You're right, we would have to trade for him, and he's a former 1st round pick. I don't know what he would cost or what the Patriots interest truly is. I shouldn't have worded that with such conviction, but I do believe that if we were to pursue a RB, he'd be a good one. 5' !0" 235 lbs. 5.35 YPC and 8.78 YPR. He's a three down back with a lot of production and will turn 26 next week. Thoughts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

That's strange, the ESPN.com FA tracker had him as an Unrestricted FA. I know the final two years on his contract were voidable if he reached certain goals, but I'm not sure if he reached them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I would imagine they would make a less sexy addition to RB than either Stewart or Jackson, since they already have Vereen, Woody, and Ridley waiting to go.  I would imagine a beefier short yardage bruiser at a lower cost to be more likely.  Who knows who that could be though? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Lagerrete Blount IS a free agent.

He may come cheap due to some off field issues in college which made him slip. If he cant run over you, he WILL jump over you. Biggest hurdler Ive seen since Jermaine Wiggins.

That would be my choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Or Bush out of Oakland. Very hard runner. And technically checks that diversity box BB loves so much as he is a former QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

michael bush and tolbert are the 2 i want!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I'd say Tolbert is a decent choice if they're going to replace BJGE. He's always been the second back, and has much less wear and tear than a lot of guys his age. I think he's 28? Have to look it up. But he's a solid, low to the ground, forward runner. Bush has talent, but a lot of injury problems. May cost more, as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to RB:
    [QUOTE]One RB out there who I can really see filling that Corey Dillon type feature back spot is Steven Jackson. Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

No thanks, rather have Brandon Jacobs than him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Jacobs over Jackson? Not for me. The one thing you can say for Jackson is he runs hard and bruises every play. BJGE runs harder more consistantly than Jacobs!