Rd 1 Winners and Losers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Rd 1 Winners and Losers

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

If a team made a sold pick, but nothing special, I didn't put them on the list. These are teams like SD (Fluker) or Steelers (J. Jones), but the rest I felt either did well for themselves or completely botched their pick or picks......

Winners:

Raiders

Cowboys

Cardinals

Rams

Titans

Texans

Bengals

Panthers

Saints

Falcons

Patriots

Losers:

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

49ers

Bears

Lions

Colts

Vikes

Packers

The Lions and Packers picked from their original draft position and wound up with two of the best pass rushers in the draft, how is that a lose?  Even the Dolphins may have reached slightly by moving up, they still had a bunch of picks and wound up with another beast of a pass rusher?  I see a pattern here, I think you have issues assessing pass rush talent...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

": I see a pattern here, I think you have issues assessing pass rush talent.."

Hard to blame Rusty for that, watching the Pats defense all the time you forget what a dangerous pass rush actually looks like or why it even matters. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

If a team made a sold pick, but nothing special, I didn't put them on the list. These are teams like SD (Fluker) or Steelers (J. Jones), but the rest I felt either did well for themselves or completely botched their pick or picks......

Winners:

Raiders

Cowboys

Cardinals

Rams

Titans

Texans

Bengals

Panthers

Saints

Falcons

Patriots

Losers:

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

49ers

Bears

Lions

Colts

Vikes

Packers

Wrong! The Packers choice of Datone Jones was fantastic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Hard to blame Rusty for that, watching the Pats defense all the time you forget what a dangerous pass rush actually looks like or why it even matters. 

lol, if you weren't around long enough to remember Willie Mac or Mike Vrabel that might be true...

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So let me see if I got this right?  You didn't like the Jests pick (neither did I btw) because they took Millner, but Detroit made a mistake by not taking Millner and instead took the biggest freak of athletic talent in the entire draft?  You didn't correctly assess the talents of Ansah, Jones or Jordan, all of whom are amazing athletes and were hyper productive at the college level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont understand how the Pats are winners until they pick someone? If they come out of this draft with a redhirt WR and a 4th or 5th CB and a 3rd QB, is that a win?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I believe Datone Jones is coming off an injury and isn't a 3-4 player. Yes. I believe that is the very accurate assessment there.  6'4 280 is not a NT and it's not a 4-3 DT. It's more so a 4-3 DE, so unless GB is moving to a 4-3, that's not a good fit there.

So, either explain where he fits in the 3-4 or back away.

Second, Ansah, is a complete project and raw. I want a top 5-10 pick to be a starter and very good right away. I don't want athletes or projects, I wan the sure thing.   I don't feel he will be being so new to the game and there is just something about him. He also looks like a 3-4 OLB to me and they're going to use him as a 4-3 DE.  Again, not a fit to me.

Yes, Milliner was a great fit for Detroit whose secondary has been horrendous. You can bring in a DE in Rd 2 for example because Suh and Fairley can make a lot of DEs look good.

You're all over the map...

Datone Jones had some of the best shuttle and three cone times in the combine, this including all linebackers and defensive linemen.  A elephant outside linebacker like Willie McGinest or Lawrence Taylor rushs the passer 90% of the time but has the athleticism to stand up and drop back.  The difference between Jones and say a Quinton Coples, who can only play 4/3 end is the ability to play in four directions.  Coples was only fast in one direction, going forward, which is why he was limited.  Ziggy, Jones and Jordan were all terrific in their agility drills, they can play in any system and be good, that why I had them ranked high on Wozzy's Draft Guide and you would know this had you studied it more intensely. {#emotions_dlg.wink}

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont understand how the Pats are winners until they pick someone? If they come out of this draft with a redhirt WR and a 4th or 5th CB and a 3rd QB, is that a win?

Right.  With this "winner" thinking if I go to my bank and get 4 $5 bills for a $20 I'm a winner.  Not buying it.  Based on trade value it's a complete wash.  The Pats might still get players they can use, but there is no getting around the fact that they have increased their risk by doing so. 

They are now in a position where 1 of 2 things will happen:

(1) They stay where they are while 19 more players get selected ahead of #52.  You never know how this could shake out.  Players that you expect will slide to you may be gone.

(2) They trade up.  Now you have to weigh the totality of giving up their original #29, but sacrificing some of their picks to get who they want.  Again this is risky because the team you trade with can have you at a disadvantage and ask for greater value. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im just glad to finally be able to say Wozzy and Rusty arent the same person.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Any team that didn't trade a first round pick for Mallett is a loser!! Don't these people know how high a value he has? This is the weakest quarterback crop in years! The warnings were out people!

Everybody lost....everyone. Except us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Right.  With this "winner" thinking if I go to my bank and get 4 $5 bills for a $20 I'm a winner.  Not buying it.  Based on trade value it's a complete wash.  The Pats might still get players they can use, but there is no getting around the fact that they have increased their risk by doing so. 

They are now in a position where 1 of 2 things will happen:

(1) They stay where they are while 19 more players get selected ahead of #52.  You never know how this could shake out.  Players that you expect will slide to you may be gone.

(2) They trade up.  Now you have to weigh the totality of giving up their original #29, but sacrificing some of their picks to get who they want.  Again this is risky because the team you trade with can have you at a disadvantage and ask for greater value. 

No.  The meat of this draft is 2-5.  At least Rds 2-4.

So, if you have 2 picks in RDs 2 and 3 it's like the deep 2010 draft. You're upping your odds and you're also giving yourself that ability to move right up and get the guys you are sold on in each of those Rds.

It's not a wash at all. Minny just totally panicked thinking they can appease their fans by showing Greg Jennings and that bloated deal along with this to replace Percy harvin is somehow the magic elixir to a SB as they look to be build a new stadium and generate more excitement.

Won't work.  They're not there yet.

I could see if they hadn't gotten a DT for Pat Williams or a replacement for Winfield lik they got with Rhodes, but they did!  THis was overkill and BB pounced.

Thank you Spielman.

Until the Pats actually make a selection it IS a wash based on trade value.  And the Pats are not the Jets where every 2nd rounder can make the team.   The Pats are only 1 or 2 guys away from being where they need to be.   One of the guys they ultimately pick was available at #29.    If you can't see that they have increased their risk by moving back I don't know what would make things any clearer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

First of all, we don't agree on Jones's fit. That's pretty clear. He's a 4-3 DE guy to me, barring him adding 20-25 lbs and he can be a 3-4 DE.

There is no way he has coverage ability as a 3-4 OLB at 6'4 280. Not from what I've seen. He's more of a quick power rusher guy with a good motor. 

Dion Jordan has a much better chance at being an elephant or that LSU Dingo guy. Add some weight on both, get em up to 260, groom them a bit for run D, and there is your elephant.

No way Jones is that player and GB plays a 3-4. So, where do you put him? 

Size is only relevant if you don't possess the athleticism to move that mass, Jones, Ansah and Jordan all do.  Case in point, Vince Wilfork is really good in zone coverage.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

lol, if you weren't around long enough to remember Willie Mac or Mike Vrabel that might be true...

lmao...

Sections
Shortcuts