Re-do the draft boards for NE boys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re-do the draft boards for NE boys

With the intial news that Welker has a torn MCL & ACL, chances are he is out for most if not all of next year.  (took brady full year to come back)

WR shots straight to the top of NE's needs for next year in my opionion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Re-do the draft boards for NE boys

Pass rushers, pass rushers, pass rushers...Pats cant stop a pass play right now. Get sacks and the Pats HOLD these double digit leads....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Never know what the heck BB would do in an given situation  but I say that's a BIG NEGATORY Patsman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

We already have a good young slot receiver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

look for a WR to go opposite (and someday replace) moss in the 2nd or 3rd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Really, tate has the knee issue, Aiken has hands of stone, eldeman is ok, you guys done think a Reciever or two is a big need around here?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I think Tate is going to be a very good slot receiver, in addition to Edelman.

TE Jermaine Gresham looks even more interesting today:

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=1846

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I agree that pass rushers are still the #1 need.  You're not doing all that bad on receivers even without Welker.  Edelmen has the makings of a great slot guy.  Tate is a possibility, and I could see a low level FA to bolster for a while. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Welker will be back.  He may miss a couple of games in the beginning like this year but we have an very able Edelman to step in.  We did go in shallow in the WR deptment this year.  When Galloway didn't pan out, ouch.  The well was dry.  I don't think Bill will do it again next year.  A draft choice or a FA can remedy that in a hurry.  Tate can be that third WR.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive always been "a best available guy" type, in terms of the draft. I hear everyone talk about pass rushers, ok, who. Please tell me, cause this group doesnt have near the talent of years past. There are a bunch of good college players at that spot, but none stand out from the others that much. And I cant believe all of U are that uneducated about this position. Just look at the past couple of years, way more are bust and no-shows than hits. OLB is a very hard to position to make the jump from college to pros. Very easy to say, but who.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

First name that comes to mind is a player that should be available is DEION BRANCH...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Very quiet so far, sorry, hate being a sports snob, but you guys cant just say the obvi. We we need a 34 end as much as any position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

No U cant be serious, are U? Branch, the guy has one decent year and all year some people bring him up as a 3rd. Injuries, lack of production, your joking, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

patsman, it did not take brady a full year to come back. he was quoted as to saying that his main goal going through rehab was to be able to go through some football workouts on Super Bowl Sunday, which he ultimately ended up doing. He said he felt great going out there throwing the ball around and making some cuts. That would be 5 months that Brady was out for. My guess with Welker is that considering we still have 8 more months till the first game of the 2010 season, he should be close to ready. granted the slot position is a total different position than quarterback considering the need to cut obviously which ultimately involves the knee a lot more, i still feel that welker could be back sometime early next season. but let's focus on this year boys. we still have a legitimate shot. Never count out the Patriots as long as we have BB + TB. The two best at their respective jobs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

That type of thinking is one of the things that is wrong w/ this team, BB and 12, what could go wrong. This team needs players, players at almost every position. Hey their in the tourny, but thats all they got going for em'. And it did take Brady a year, more than a year in fact. The first 2 months he wasnt close to the same guy. He got cut in Nov. and didnt start to look good until Nov. He was under/over throwing 81 all year, throwing off his back the first 2 months, and looked very uneasy w/ people around his legs and feet most of this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Welker will probably make the PUP list.  He can then be activated anytime from the seventh week up until the twelfth week, so he can heal for 10 months and still make the 2010 playoffs.

Let's see if Tate ever comes back from his knee.  Maybe.

BB believes that good WRs go begging.

Sections
Shortcuts