Re-sign Talib?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re-sign Talib?

what do u think BB should do?  What deal would u give to Talib?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Re-sign Talib?

He'll walk, the Pats cant afford him.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Famous last words:

"Talib you human screwup, clean out your locker, you're outta here!" -- Bucanneers' front office.

I have no idea if BB can afford Talib next year, but until this September nobody else in the NFL wanted him at the minimum NFL wage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

see how he performs in the next 5 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd still would hold my breath with Talib. He has to play nice right now because he can't afford to mess up after the whole Tampa incidents. If we extend him right now and he gets paid who knows if he'd fly off the handles. Not to much his injury history makes me hesistent to sign him long term. I'd let the market show what he's worth. I don't think the market out there is nearly what many (including his agent) think it is. I think a lot of teams have him off their list and combined with his inconcsistent plays at times with his injury history I'm not seeing top end money for him long term. I think if he hits open market you'll see #1 type money thrown at him but I think it will be closer to top 25 type of money not top 10 that I think some are expecting

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think if talib gets to actually play deeper in the playoffs this year he will be hesitant to play for a bottom feeder again.  Look at Revis, don't you think he's wishing he was on a better team let alone a good one? Talib might actually want to stay here.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

He can't be resigned during the season regardless.  NFL rules prohibit teams from renegotiating (which includes extensions) deals less than 1 year after signing them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

what do u think BB should do?  What deal would u give to Talib?

As soon as possible, imo.  He is the best thing in the entire defensive backfield for the Pats and he is worth top dollar!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He's played 3 games, and has 3 ints.  I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that he's the key cog in the secondary, even more than DMac.  He's the Vince Wilfork back there.  When he's not on the field, reshuffling is needed and the defense suffers greatly as a whole.  So yes, I would say signing him is a necessity.  I'd wave a 3 year 25 million contract at him initially and see if he bites.  I suspect he's going to want to test the market though.  He's no fool, and knows he's in his prime, this is when the iron is hottest, and can command a good deal of money elsewhere. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Both Spikes and Talib have a slight chance of returning.  Both are core guys talent-wise, and both would be missed, but I can't see the asking price of either being in the Pats' range.  Add in the off field stuff with Talib and Spikes and you'd have to think the Pats are going to be very cautious.  

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts