Re-sign Welker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re-sign Welker?

Re-sign welker??  What, so he can drop another pass thats right between his hands When it matters most?? Dont get me wrong the guy is money during the regular season, but when the postseason comes He plays like the 5'8 180 person he is, He always seems to come up a bit short.

With around 18 million Under the cap this offseason i have a hard time convincing myself Welker is worth 11 million of that room. WR's Who are paid 10+ Mill A year make the big catches when it matters most. Welker in my eyes just isnt worth that kind of money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Re-sign Welker?

Its good to be back on the board. Its taken me a little bit longer than most of you to get over the sting of the pats loosing in the AFCCG.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Its good to be back on the board. Its taken me a little bit longer than most of you to get over the sting of the pats loosing in the AFCCG.

Good to have you back xxr3S1... I think I drove one of those in the 80s, Merkur wasn't it? But I digress.

I would like Welker back but not at a huge number and hopefully not to catch 100+ balls again and be the focal point of the passing game if not the offense.  Then again, maybe if he wasn't there the offense would be forced to evolve, be more downfield, more conventional run/pass, less shotgun, if that's what we want? He's Brady's binky, so maybe they need to take him away altogether. Just sayin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I don't blame Welker for the drop costing the Pats the game. Should he have caught it. Yes, but he caught some others and held on after getting smashed. Maybe he should not have been the target after getting crushed.

Maybe letting Welker go would equate to the Cs losing Rondo. The team might get better because more players will be involved in the offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Good to have you back xxr3S1... I think I drove one of those in the 80s, Merkur wasn't it? But I digress.

I would like Welker back but not at a huge number and hopefully not to catch 100+ balls again and be the focal point of the passing game if not the offense.  Then again, maybe if he wasn't there the offense would be forced to evolve, be more downfield, more conventional run/pass, less shotgun, if that's what we want? He's Brady's binky, so maybe they need to take him away altogether. Just sayin.

Na my name isnt A car, But dont feel bad Your not the First person to think my name was something other than what it is. No worries.

I agree with you, I think taking welker  away would make brady a little less comfortable. It would Make brady look at all of his options instead of just starring down welker all the time.

I would never single out any player as reason for a loss,  you Win as a team loose as a team. But thats Two Years in a Row that Welker dropped Catchable balls. And the whole reason you pay players Big money is that they should be Money at the most crucial moments and plainly put Welker has been the Exact opposite of Money in the critical moments

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Nope. After seeing Boldin and Torrey Smith again last night. I want a double barrel shotgun, not a peashooter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Nope. After seeing Boldin and Torrey Smith again last night. I want a double barrel shotgun, not a peashooter

+1

agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wes is in no way a $10 million dollar man. He was a bargain in his last contract and is a good production guy against the average team. But his game is too narrow to be an incredible asset against the best that the playoffs bring. His age, size and narrow scope means he likely will walk to some desperate team with $$$ that doesn't see the detail of his game.

The Pats would be FAR better off to put the $10 mil per into a younger guy with sideline prowess and deep threat ability.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I could see him back at $7M - he is a great slot guy and he doesn't get injured while taking extreem punishment. I like Edelman, and Amendola (sp) is good but they get beat up and broken, Welker doesn't.

I will be surprised if another team offers more than 7M/3year/$14M guaranteed, but someone may be that stupid. Any team he goes to will get less production from him, and he just isn't a wide-out. If he gets more, then I think he is gone. (And I think he will regret having left.)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'd like to have him back but only with a cap friendly,  BB-happy deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re-sign welker??  What, so he can drop another pass thats right between his hands When it matters most?? Dont get me wrong the guy is money during the regular season, but when the postseason comes He plays like the 5'8 180 person he is, He always seems to come up a bit short.

With around 18 million Under the cap this offseason i have a hard time convincing myself Welker is worth 11 million of that room. WR's Who are paid 10+ Mill A year make the big catches when it matters most. Welker in my eyes just isnt worth that kind of money.

Oh brother, here we go again!  More ignorant people ignoring the facts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If he wants to pay in NE, and on a winner, he'll have to take a pay cut.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Ok so if we let Welker go. Who do we have for Wide Receivers? Yes we can use our TE's. Arent they getting hurt too now? Sign Welker to 3 years $8million a year then give him $25 mill as a signing bonus. Perfect. This team needs Welker just like he needs the Pats. If they dont sign Welker this team has lots of problems on OFF

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

"see ya! i'm off to Houson!"

Yes, you are probably correct. Houston would love to have him and might pay him too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PAULICAS1975's comment:

Ok so if we let Welker go. Who do we have for Wide Receivers? Yes we can use our TE's. Arent they getting hurt too now? Sign Welker to 3 years $8million a year then give him $25 mill as a signing bonus. Perfect. This team needs Welker just like he needs the Pats. If they dont sign Welker this team has lots of problems on OFF

we need a real outside wr more , a big, fast, wr who can separate.

the last several years have shown, when we go against better des, it shows.

now if we could have both, that might not hurt. tho, then again, it may make brady view teh whole field more if welker is gone....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I too have not watched nor listened to any talk after The PATS lost. I really dislike The Ravens, always have. Any other team I only dislike when we play them but The Ravens I can't stand watching them, what are the odds that one guy in all of the NFL would cause season ending injuries to 4 of our top players? Pollard last year did make a clean hit on Gronk but after you see him twisting his ankle.. Well enough of that I don't see Wes having  the success he has w/o Brady. I would like to have him back but the Pats need a deep threat.. The D is coming around but still not the same without a monster, can't beat them join them. We need a thug or two!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Wes is very solid WR but you shouldn't pay 11 mill to a WR that can't out run people or stretch the field. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mia76's comment:

I could see him back at $7M - he is a great slot guy and he doesn't get injured while taking extreem punishment. I like Edelman, and Amendola (sp) is good but they get beat up and broken, Welker doesn't.

I will be surprised if another team offers more than 7M/3year/$14M guaranteed, but someone may be that stupid. Any team he goes to will get less production from him, and he just isn't a wide-out. If he gets more, then I think he is gone. (And I think he will regret having left.)

If that's what he ends up doing, we're going to have a tough time getting another veteran flanker alongside Lloyd.

You don't see a problem with how many times Brady looks for Welker or any of the midfield targets in and out of the hashes?

The throwing lanes, the windows, etc, all shrink when you have a QB who mostly looks down the middle. It's easy to defend, makes it harder to execute qtr to qtr, game to game, etc.

The idea is to have each target on the field viewed equally by the QB and Brady doesn't do that here.

I vote for the divorce just like the Brady/Moss divorce in 2010.

Ever notice that Brady seems to get alot of balls tipped or knocked down at the line of scrimmage?  Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like it to me.

I think it's because he throws so many passes to short guys like Welker and Woody where he has to throw a short pass with a downward trajectory to these shrimps over the middle part of the field most of time no more than 8 yards past the line of scrimmage.

The D-linemen know this and know TB's not going to leave the pocket so they just stick their hands up in the air and they have a good chance at a tipped pass.

I hate the Binky.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.