In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After rewatching the first half of the Broncos game ,  It was striking how the offensive line was just blown up into the backfield on running plays.  They looked like high school players.

The D-line was pretty sad at times as well.  3rd and 10 running play by denver was an example, and the holding by Denver was a joke.  

... and Rusty is insistent the Pats gave up too early, and as a result, Brady lost the game because they started passing.  If the Pats continued to try to run the ball, Rusty would have been all over them for doing that instead of adjusting.  The Pats can't win with his thinking.

[/QUOTE]

Not true and a lie or you are not comprehending my premise.

Blount was subbed in for Vereen on 2nd down.  How many times have I flippin' said to not sub the lead back on a drive?

We don't use Vereen to establish a run, dummy.  Get it?

Stop being stupid.  It's annoying. Blount had only 2 carries on the 1st 3 drives.

UNACCEPTABLE 1st qtr action if the intent is to generate a run game of some kind by halftime.

[/QUOTE]

You have a very consistent premise...   Run, Run, Run, with "some" passes.  When runs fail and Brady passes, team loses.  Always Brady's fault.  You also forgot when the run was working against the Colts, TB did audible out of called pass plays numerous times to run the ball.  Brady's ego, huh?   Also, you are totally forgetting BB's presser of a couple weeks ago, huh?  The team does not butt its head against a wall like you seem to want it to in order to satisfy your vision of how it needs to play.  Like you KNOW better than who is on the field from the comfy confines of your recliner with brew in hand.

So, in a nutshell.. The Patriots just were not trying hard enough in the AFCCG. They just didn't show up.

[/QUOTE]

No it's not always Brady's fault, but he needs to be held accountable for bad decisions and throws, especially in his preferred choice of offense.    If we at least try to run in the first half and we lose with Brady playing a clean game, not his fault at all. Tip your cap and move on.

That's not what happens in these losses. Like I said, the only positive you can say about Brady is that he didn't throw any picks.

His QBR was 66.1  If you don't have a QBR of at least 80 in these playoffs, you just don't deserve to be considered a good QB in the postseason.   When is he going to help the team?

How can the GOAT be the GOAT of he isn't helping our team with his play?

The problem is, the very first drive told Denver what the gameplan was which was to pass, pass, pass.

FAIL

[/QUOTE]

GOAT can't help team win much when his own D has him on the  bench for the majority of the game and has such s hitty receiver's that he is throwing to 2 unknown receivers named Mathew.

Did Montana's D keep him on the bench for the majority of the game?

BB fail!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Real issue with Pats offense

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No it's not always Brady's fault, but he needs to be held accountable for bad decisions and throws, especially in his preferred choice of offense.    If we at least try to run in the first half and we lose with Brady playing a clean game, not his fault at all. Tip your cap and move on......

That's not what happens in these losses. Like I said, the only positive you can say about Brady is that he didn't throw any picks.

His QBR was 66.1  If you don't have a QBR of at least 80 in these playoffs, you just don't deserve to be considered a good QB in the postseason.   When is he going to help the team?

How can the GOAT be the GOAT of he isn't helping our team with his play?

The problem is, the very first drive told Denver what the gameplan was which was to pass, pass, pass.

FAIL

/QUOTE]

Yep, bad decisions..Brady seems to make a lot.  Decided not to play D, bad decision, Brady's fault.  Decided not to block to have an effective run game, Brady's fault.  I believe Brady's preferred offense is one that is EFFECTIVE, run or pass, so, since Brady made the decision to not have an effective offense, Brady's fault.

Lastly, you could tell from the gitgo, the team was trying to run the rock.  I did not see a consistent pass attack with a few runs.  Denver was stuffing the run from the beginning.  Most here saw that too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

did you guys know that all 6 of Tom Bradys tds passesin our 3 SB victories came off of play action fakes?

Did they not use enough play action against the Broncos?  Not sure if you watched the game, but this was not a heavy shotgun game plan.  Brady was under center much of the time and used play action frequently.  (They also used play action from the shotgun once or twice, so even some of the shotgun plays were still play action.)

One of their problems with play action this game is they weren't having success getting guys open over the top of the defense.  The goal of play action is to freeze the LBs and safeties right?  Well Denver wanted to keep its LBs (and usually one safety) close to the LOS anyway because, quite honestly, they weren't very worried about the Pats' intermediate or deep game. A bunch of the deep passes (most thrown on play action) that went for incompletions were probably intended to pull the defense back more, but the Pats weren't connecting on those, so the Denver defense didn't ever have to adjust. 

You and Rusty clearly have your theories which you hold to no matter what actually happens in the games.  You'd understand more if you cleared your minds of your preconceptions and actually watched closely what happens.  You'd also understand more if you made the very reasonable assumption that the coaching staff knows more about football than you do.  Then, rather than criticizing the coaches or Brady, you'd spend your time trying to figure out why what they did made sense.  You might actually learn something then.  Now you're just stuck repeating the same things you've repeated endlessly for five or six years:  Too much shotgun, too many passes, not enough runs, Brady's ego, too little play action.  Really?  Do you think if these simple things were the problem, Belichick wouldn't have figured it out by now and changed it?  Or is he so busy coaching up that defense you also keep telling us is so great that he hasn't had time to think about the offense in half a decade?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sure BB would love to know the reasons. I wish I knew the reasons. It was hard to sit there watching that Denver game knowing it was a pizz poor effort by all involved....and at the worst possible time.

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!  All the way up to the AFCCG, the team, overall, was performing well to over come all the injuries they have endured throughout the season to get to that game.  To fall, literally, completely flat in that game is a mystery.  But, it happens and we all walk away scratching our heads.

[/QUOTE]

DId you see Talib go down or not?  How many injuries did you think the D could sustain this year to Pro Bowlers and s hut down the greatest offense, stastically, in NFL history?

On offense, well, who leads that side of the ball?  

#12.

Take it up with him. He looked as ready to get on his private jet with Giselle as I've ever seen him about mid way through the game.

[/QUOTE]

Your problem, Rusty.. you focus only on Brady..  I see this as a TEAM failure.  Yes, they lost Talib, but, Talib is ONE player, what about the rest of the D?  Like the D-line to put pressure on Manning. Getting some turnovers.  You forgot, I guess, that Brady's stat line for the AFCCG was BETTER than the division game against the Colts.  Which game did they lose?

[/QUOTE]

Then, why do you and others put all of the focus on Brady saying he is why this team wins all the time?

[/QUOTE]

Name a time I've been a TBBW?  I can see when he does poorly and when he does well as I do for the ENTIRE team.  What I do not do is focus on one player as the reason for all the team's woes and ignore the rest.  I go after you because of your singular focus on Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

did you guys know that all 6 of Tom Bradys tds passesin our 3 SB victories came off of play action fakes?

Did they not use enough play action against the Broncos?  Not sure if you watched the game, but this was not a heavy shotgun game plan.  Brady was under center much of the time and used play action frequently.  (They also used play action from the shotgun once or twice, so even some of the shotgun plays were still play action.)

One of their problems with play action this game is they weren't having success getting guys open over the top of the defense.  The goal of play action is to freeze the LBs and safeties right?  Well Denver wanted to keep its LBs (and usually one safety) close to the LOS anyway because, quite honestly, they weren't very worried about the Pats' intermediate or deep game. A bunch of the deep passes (most thrown on play action) that went for incompletions were probably intended to pull the defense back more, but the Pats weren't connecting on those, so the Denver defense didn't ever have to adjust. 

You and Rusty clearly have your theories which you hold to no matter what actually happens in the games.  You'd understand more if you cleared your minds of your preconceptions and actually watched closely what happens.  You'd also understand more if you made the very reasonable assumption that the coaching staff knows more about football than you do.  Then, rather than criticizing the coaches or Brady, you'd spend your time trying to figure out why what they did made sense.  You might actually learn something then.  Now you're just stuck repeating the same things you've repeated endlessly for five or six years:  Too much shotgun, too many passes, not enough runs, Brady's ego, too little play action.  Really?  Do you think if these simple things were the problem, Belichick wouldn't have figured it out by now and changed it?  Or is he so busy coaching up that defense you also keep telling us is so great that he hasn't had time to think about the offense in half a decade?

[/QUOTE]

I guess this has happened in all of our playoff losses, as we have thrown 285 passes to 66 power runs....kind of tough to set up play action with that disparity.  

When your QB is the best PA QB in NFL history and threw all of his 6 passing tds in 3 super bowl championships off of play action, then you need to incorporate f ing play action, which means you need to commit to running the football.

If you cleared your mind, you would look at a black and white factual statistic that our 15.5 ppg in the last 6 playoff loss offense has been one dimensional and put too much on Tom Brady's right arm.

I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge that. Even the BB is a bad GM guys recognize it. They just blame the GM....