Re: Real reason Bob Kraft likes the Tim Tebow signing so much . . .
posted at 6/13/2013 9:46 AM EDT
In response to rkarp's comment:
In response to TrueChamp's comment:
I guess I'm in the minority. I've been listening to Bill Belichick consistently say that any decision he makes is to improve his football team. He has said it over and over again. I must be a real sucker thinking that's all this guy has ever wanted to do. Apparently he actually is more like Rex Ryan and the jets organization. He just wants to cause distractions for his players and help the owner sell more seats(because revenue is a big problem in Foxboro).
Any chance BB just likes high character, hard working, team first football players, despite what there names are, or how big of a media spectacle they have become?
I mean maybe he just happens to think Tim Tebow could help his football team. Maybe he actually is doing what he says he's been doing for the last 13 years......building a team.
use your own eyes. have you seen anything from TT that shows he can improve this team? certainly, BB gets the benefit of the doubt. lets see if he can put TT in a position to help this team. I happen to think he cannot. thats not a commentary on BB...but an opinion of what TT is able to bring to the team, at the expense of a player that can do more.
You bring up a fair point. Let's objectively ask ourselves what he can possibly bring to the team.
1. Are we paying him a lot? Nope. He's cheap.
2. Is he a better QB than Kafka was? Yes. So right there we improved the team.
3. Has he won more games in the NFL than Mallet? Yes.
4. Are we certain Mallet is an able backup to Brady? No. We can't be until we see him in some more games. We haven't even seen enough of him in the preseason to be sure. Mallet might be a great QB down the road, but none of us can say that at this point. For all we know he'd stink up the joint if he ever had to play a couple of games for Brady. We don't know if he will be a Cassel.
5. Can Tebow give the team some new looks during practice to help us face some of the newer pistol QB's? Yes, at least better than any other QB on the roster.
6. Will he set a good example for other players? Yes.
7. Have we had equally questionable QB's on our roster? Yes. Tebow is hardly the worst backup QB to don a Patriots jersey in the Belichick era.
We didn't sign him to replace Brady. He's a backup. Right now he's the 3rd string backup. I think his time in Denver clearly shows that he can be a capable backup to Brady.