Real reason Bob Kraft likes the Tim Tebow signing so much . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Real reason Bob Kraft likes the Tim Tebow signing so much . . .

In response to carawaydj's comment:

You bring up a fair point.  Let's objectively ask ourselves what he can possibly bring to the team.

1. Are we paying him a lot?  Nope.  He's cheap.

2. Is he a better QB than Kafka was?  Yes.  So right there we improved the team.

3. Has he won more games in the NFL than Mallet?  Yes.

4. Are we certain Mallet is an able backup to Brady?  No.  We can't be until we see him in some more games.  We haven't even seen enough of him in the preseason to be sure.  Mallet might be a great QB down the road, but none of us can say that at this point.  For all we know he'd stink up the joint if he ever had to play a couple of games for Brady.  We don't know if he will be a Cassel.

5. Can Tebow give the team some new looks during practice to help us face some of the newer pistol QB's?  Yes, at least better than any other QB on the roster.

6. Will he set a good example for other players?  Yes.

7. Have we had equally questionable QB's on our roster?  Yes.  Tebow is hardly the worst backup QB to don a Patriots jersey in the Belichick era.

We didn't sign him to replace Brady.  He's a backup.  Right now he's the 3rd string backup.  I think his time in Denver clearly shows that he can be a capable backup to Brady.

some other questions might be:

How high of a priority is having a 3rd string QB - even if he is marginally better than Mallet?

Are there greater needs? If Tebow makes the team as the 3rd QB - is he worth taking a spot over a different player where there might be a greater team need?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The guy hasn't made the 53 man roster yet so all the arguments about cutting people like Ebner are off base right now. Why are some of you so upset about this? What is the difference between signing him and someone like Andrew Walter or some other random player? They aren't paying an arm and a leg for him so why not? They can have 90ish players onthe roster right now...

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Or maybe the critics have a point.  Surely Tebow is worse than many of the other stellar all-pro backup QB's we've had.  You might recognize some of these HoF'ers.

Michael Bishop, Damon Huard, Rohan Davey, Jim Miller, Matt Gutierrez, Kevin O'Connell.

Let's keep it real.  We're getting a high-character backup QB who has proven he can win games in the NFL.  Shouldn't we be happy that we actually have a backup that has won games?  If we were touting him as Brady's heir apparent I'd be joining the choir of critics myself.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

TT cannot run a pro style offense.  He will need an offense tailored to him as he cannot do what tommy terrific(or many other less caliber qbs) can do.  That is the problem with carrying him as a back up.  if he is forced into action you have to rewrite your playbook, imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am firmly entrenched in the "Tebow in NE will not amount to anything" corner.  That said, what's the downside?  He will not be a distrction here.  There is no QB controversy.  They will be fine if they release him.

Hey, if Tebow turns out to be Steve Young waiting for Montana (Brady) to retire, then I'm all for it and I'll be the first person to gladly eat my words if he is a bona fide NFL QB. 

Something to think about though - who is the next Pats' development QB prospect after Mallett inevitably reaches FA?  Tebow is it, unless the Pats invest another pick next year for a guy to be Brady's understudy.  Maybe there is more to Tebow being here than we think.  Maybe Josh legitimately feels that he is an NFL QB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I am firmly entrenched in the "Tebow in NE will not amount to anything" corner.  That said, what's the downside?  He will not be a distrction here.  There is no QB controversy.  They will be fine if they release him.

Hey, if Tebow turns out to be Steve Young waiting for Montana (Brady) to retire, then I'm all for it and I'll be the first person to gladly eat my words if he is a bona fide NFL QB. 

Something to think about though - who is the next Pats' development QB prospect after Mallett inevitably reaches FA?  Tebow is it, unless the Pats invest another pick next year for a guy to be Brady's understudy.  Maybe there is more to Tebow being here than we think.  Maybe Josh legitimately feels that he is an NFL QB.

Uh oh! But, wait!  RKrap, TFB12 and PatsEng are all up in arms calling it a distraction and a "circus".  So, they think you are wrong, Cables.

lol

I think they'll look at his work in mini camp, give him some more looks in camp and then start fiddling with him outside of the QB spot.  You can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. It's a lost cause with him at QB. They only way I can see it working is if they give him a chance with like 20 plays they can run where they use him in motion as an H Back and he's willing to give that a try and compete for a 4th TE/HB role and earn a spot on STs.  

No way BB wastes a 3rd QB spot for the first time since 2008, when at the end of the day, we aren't winning a SB without Brady in there and Mallett is still vastly the superior prospect over Tebow.

The only thing that would change this is if some team comes knocking for Mallett for that required 2nd rd pick they're looking for.  That would be the only way Tebow would be the backup to Brady in 2013.

Then, they'd just continue to develop him and develop and hope Brady never goes down. If Brady ever did go down, they'd have to adjust the playbook considerably to tailor plays that suit his style.

Let's hope none of that ever is a reality.

Tebow in New England may be a "circus" in that the press cannot wait to write another story about the guy, and we all have to be subjected to story after story about him which is just more than I can take before I vomit.  From a fan's point of view, he is a distraction in that I couldn't care less about hearing more Tebow anecdotes.  He gets too much pub for a #3 QB here on a non-guaranteed deal and all of the stories about him have been written already.

If anyone really thinks his presence is a distraction that can't be quashed by BB after having guys like Dillon, Haynesworth, Moss, Ochocinco and others in here then I vehemently disagree.  Not comparing Tebow to those guys in terms of character, just saying Bill can create an impenetrable darkness around players that shrouds their presence or outspoken-ness. 

Hey, if Tebow is a good developmental QB prospect or can be a jack-of-all-trades that can be unleashed, then great, but I'd be surprised at that.  I already said I don't see him doing much here, but it can't be discounted that Mallett is a FA after this (?) year and he's not gonna hold the clipboard until Brady decides to retire, assuming he's the heir apparent to begin with.  The Pats need to start somewhere in their search for a Brady replacement, but to me, Tebow ain't the guy.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, that's it! It MUST be that Kraft needs to sell more popcorn, because Tebow isn't actually a football player, because all the super duper football experts around here say he isn't.

Or it could be that BB actually is going to need a backup QB because he has seen a real trade interest in Mallet who he views as a Drew Bledsoe type QB and wisely is willing to part with that but needs to get something else in place before he pulls that trigger. He also knows and is supported by McD in this, that Tebow has some exceptional talent, is a winner and has some flexible special skills that under the tutelage of himself McD and Brady could bear fruit. I suspect, unlike our resident geniuses here, BB is impressed that Tebow could take over a faltering team, accosted at every turn by the head clown of the circus Elway, rather than being given the public support any QB could expect, and still pull out some wins to get them into the playoffs culminating in a win over the vaunted Steelers and BR. But then, BB isn't an idiot.

Nah. Kraft just needs to sell more popcorn. LMAO You guys crack me up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

homer = in denial

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Uh oh! But, wait!  RKrap, TFB12 and PatsEng are all up in arms calling it a distraction and a "circus".  So, they think you are wrong, Cables.

l

If you are going to talk about me then do something that you don't normally do.. tell the truth!  I know it's hard for you to do and as long as you continue to lie and make things up I will continue to expose you and call you out on it, fraud! 

I have never, ever once said it was going to be a distraction.  I'm actually loving it!  And if you payed attention from the very beginning you would have seen my stance on this.  Instead, you just blindly make false statements.  You are a troll and a fraud!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 232's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, that's it! It MUST be that Kraft needs to sell more popcorn, because Tebow isn't actually a football player, because all the super duper football experts around here say he isn't.

Or it could be that BB actually is going to need a backup QB because he has seen a real trade interest in Mallet who he views as a Drew Bledsoe type QB and wisely is willing to part with that but needs to get something else in place before he pulls that trigger. He also knows and is supported by McD in this, that Tebow has some exceptional talent, is a winner and has some flexible special skills that under the tutelage of himself McD and Brady could bear fruit. I suspect, unlike our resident geniuses here, BB is impressed that Tebow could take over a faltering team, accosted at every turn by the head clown of the circus Elway, rather than being given the public support any QB could expect, and still pull out some wins to get them into the playoffs culminating in a win over the vaunted Steelers and BR. But then, BB isn't an idiot.

Nah. Kraft just needs to sell more popcorn. LMAO You guys crack me up

Hate to agree with Babe but there it is.

You know I agree with Babe on that statement too. So what QB do you think they will pick up? I'm thinking T Jackson or maybe another UDFA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You know I agree with Babe on that statement too. So what QB do you think they will pick up? I'm thinking T Jackson or maybe another UDFA

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, BB already made his move on that, LMAO. Ouch!

I should feel guilty for taking so much pleasure in watching the minions squirm when their sacred cow blatantly defies their collective genius - but I don't. It's far too hilarious to not enjoy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Suddenly people have a reason to go to the preseason games . . . that and the Tebow jersey sales create a nice offseason revenue boost . . .

Remember, if he doesn't make the roster, they pay nothing for that revenue stream.  Sweet deal for the owner . . .

sounds pretty cynical to me-almost treating his own fans like suck*rs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]

I should feel guilty for taking so much pleasure in watching the minions squirm when their sacred cow blatantly defies their collective genius - but I don't. It's far too hilarious to not enjoy.

I think it's called having an opinion or opposing viewpoint, and it's all in fun Babe.  I wasn't aware that it's verboten to criticise BB, the Pats or Tebow's heretofore mediocre NFL QB career.  And these minions of whom you speak - are they evil for not agreeing with you that Tebow is legit?  And I thought you were of the opinion that BB was a mediocre/overrated GM anyway, so you're approving the Tebow pickup despite his shortcomings as a personnel guy? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

l

If you are going to talk about me then do something that you don't normally do.. tell the truth!  I know it's hard for you to do and as long as you continue to lie and make things up I will continue to expose you and call you out on it, fraud! 

I have never, ever once said it was going to be a distraction.  I'm actually loving it!  And if you payed attention from the very beginning you would have seen my stance on this.  Instead, you just blindly make false statements.  You are a troll and a fraud!

[/QUOTE]

Then why are you hanging onto the "media circus" premise so tightly? That would be the source of the distraction, Corky.

How can you be this dumb or try to play it off to everyone here that the "media circus" is not the distraction?  You can't even keep your anti-BB agendas straight, which is the sure sign of a liar.

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

It is a media circus but BB isn't going to let it be a distraction, that is what is so great about this.  A media circus doesn't have to be a bad thing.  If anyone can handle a media circus and not have it be this big distraction that it was for the Jets, BB is the man! 

It is going to be epic watching BB do his media interviews and answer all the Tebow questions.  He clearly knows what he was in for, he can handle it, and he will do so with short, dry comments just like all his other media dealings.  I'm not anti BB, I don't agree with everything he does and I don't mind sharing that but I certainly think what he is doing with Tebow is perfectly fine. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

[QUOTE]

and it's all in fun Babe.

I wasn't aware that it's verboten to criticise BB,

the Pats or Tebow's heretofore mediocre NFL QB career.

And these minions of whom you speak - are they evil for not agreeing with you that Tebow is legit?

And I thought you were of the opinion that BB was a mediocre/overrated GM anyway, so you're approving the Tebow pickup despite his shortcomings as a personnel guy? 

I'm having gobs of fun.

It's only verboten to criticize BB when I do it.

Tebow has had no more of a mediocre career than Luck. Luck has just had better spin, hype and support.

No, they aren't evil. They are just oblivious and drama queens. Born to swallow hype and gobble up BS.

BB is certainly overrated by homers as a GM. And he is mediocre to somewhat above that as a GM. I approve the Tebow pickup because it is extremely low risk. I don't criticize BB on his piddling failures. That would be anal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Bill and Josh obviously like him or he wouldn't be here. Kraft likes him because of all the attention his team is getting. I like him because I think he's a good football player.

I remember back in the old days when the Patriots were never on Sportscenter, when they were never on Monday Night Football, when they were irrelevant. I'm liking this.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Name a better GM of the cap era. You;ve never done it. Prolate tried to do it a couple days ago and was bludgeoned.

Let's just see who you think has the better resume as a GM in the cap era (1993-Present)

I've told you this a hundred times meatball. Every GM that has won a SB since 2004. And we all know from 2001-2004 BB's teams were chock full of impact guys he inherited.

Nutcase bludgeoned yet again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Name a better GM of the cap era. You;ve never done it. Prolate tried to do it a couple days ago and was bludgeoned.

Let's just see who you think has the better resume as a GM in the cap era (1993-Present)

I've told you this a hundred times meatball. Every GM that has won a SB since 2004. And we all know from 2001-2004 BB's teams were chock full of impact guys he inherited.

Nutcase bludgeoned yet again.

[/QUOTE]
    This is the worst post on this thread. Or at least sine the oiginal post. You only count the SBs since we last won in 07. Then you discount evrything BB did here by trying to troll about him inheriting his SB team. Babe Parelli a.k.a. king of trolls.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

The team does not realize any $$$ from the jersey sales.

I believe it does when Jerseys are sold through the team Pro Shop.  

Sections
Shortcuts