Real reason Bob Kraft likes the Tim Tebow signing so much . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Real reason Bob Kraft likes the Tim Tebow signing so much . . .

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Suddenly people have a reason to go to the preseason games . . . that and the Tebow jersey sales create a nice offseason revenue boost . . .

Remember, if he doesn't make the roster, they pay nothing for that revenue stream.  Sweet deal for the owner . . .

Please tell me you are kidding. I don't know any Pats fan who will be buying a Tebow jersey. Odd are he doesn't make the club, dude. BB hasn;t carried 3 QBs since 2008.

Pats fans are spoiled in general with Brady and even if Tebow plays in the preseason, everyone will see how poor he looks compared to Mallett. 

[/QUOTE]

Semi-kidding . . . but it would make sense out of what sometimes seems a pretty senseless move . . . and the Pats did start pushing Tebow jerseys hard as soon as they signed him . . . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From TIME Magazine . . . 

http://business.time.com/2013/06/13/one-way-tebow-will-definitely-help-the-patriots/

One thing that almost everyone can agree on is that Tebow will have an outsized impact on the Patriots in one department: merchandise sales. Within hours of Tebow signing a contract with the team, the Patriots pro shop sent an e-mail to fans notifying them that pre-orders of Tebow’s new Patriots jersey were being accepted for $99.95 (free shipping included!). The message circulated even before Tebow officially had a jersey number. (It’s since been announced as #5.)

(MORE: Boston Evangelicals React to Tim Tebow Signing)

Patriots management had good reason to get started early pushing Tebow gear. This is a player, after all, who had a top-selling jersey and an entire line of T-shirts devoted to him before he’d ever played a game in the NFL. Last summer, Tebow’s Jets jersey ranked third in sales, behind only RGIII and Peyton Manning. By the end of last season, Tebow’s jersey had fallen to thirteenth place in sales, though that’s still quite astounding considering that he didn’t started all year and threw only a handful of passes for the Jets.

Tebow Mania may have lessened after his mostly awful year with the Jets, but “because Tim Tebow has a cult following unlike any other,” New York sports marketing consultant Keith Wan told the Boston Herald, “there will be a good amount of jersey sales.”

In any event, a side effect of the Tebow craze has been enormous demand for Tebow gear, and the expectation is that demand will see a major boost thanks to his signing with a new team. “There’s no doubt that his Patriots jersey is going to be a big seller,” Robert Tuchman, founder of the marketing firm TSE Sports & Entertainment, said to the Boston Globe:

Read more: http://business.time.com/2013/06/13/one-way-tebow-will-definitely-help-the-patriots/#ixzz2W9w7bb9d

Read more: http://business.time.com/2013/06/13/one-way-tebow-will-definitely-help-the-patriots/#ixzz2W9vp3dC9

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Name a better GM of the cap era. You;ve never done it. Prolate tried to do it a couple days ago and was bludgeoned.

Let's just see who you think has the better resume as a GM in the cap era (1993-Present)

I've told you this a hundred times meatball. Every GM that has won a SB since 2004. And we all know from 2001-2004 BB's teams were chock full of impact guys he inherited.

Nutcase bludgeoned yet again.

[/QUOTE]
    This is the worst post on this thread. Or at least sine the oiginal post. You only count the SBs since we last won in 07. Then you discount evrything BB did here by trying to troll about him inheriting his SB team. Babe Parelli a.k.a. king of trolls.

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. I understand your homer ways make it difficult to accept the truth. I don't condemn you for that, but my empathy doesn't make your view any less false. BB hasn't won the big one since his inherited stars got old - simple, indisputable, fact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 232's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, that's it! It MUST be that Kraft needs to sell more popcorn, because Tebow isn't actually a football player, because all the super duper football experts around here say he isn't.

Or it could be that BB actually is going to need a backup QB because he has seen a real trade interest in Mallet who he views as a Drew Bledsoe type QB and wisely is willing to part with that but needs to get something else in place before he pulls that trigger. He also knows and is supported by McD in this, that Tebow has some exceptional talent, is a winner and has some flexible special skills that under the tutelage of himself McD and Brady could bear fruit. I suspect, unlike our resident geniuses here, BB is impressed that Tebow could take over a faltering team, accosted at every turn by the head clown of the circus Elway, rather than being given the public support any QB could expect, and still pull out some wins to get them into the playoffs culminating in a win over the vaunted Steelers and BR. But then, BB isn't an idiot.

Nah. Kraft just needs to sell more popcorn. LMAO You guys crack me up

Hate to agree with Babe but there it is.

You know I agree with Babe on that statement too. So what QB do you think they will pick up? I'm thinking T Jackson or maybe another UDFA

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, BB already made his move on that, LMAO. Ouch!

I should feel guilty for taking so much pleasure in watching the minions squirm when their sacred cow blatantly defies their collective genius - but I don't. It's far too hilarious to not enjoy.

[/QUOTE]

Calm down Babe it was a joke. Of course they already signed the 3rd backup on the team, Edelman.

Sections
Shortcuts