REALISTIC spin on things.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: REALISTIC spin on things.

I agree in principal with your post but I strongly disagree with the onside kick attempt. It's a play that almost never works and even though the Steelers were 10-16 on 3rd down the odds of getting the stop is better than getting the onsides kick.  If they were out of time outs i would agree with you, and lo and behold they got the stop and now they are trapped deep in their own end with no time outs. Kicking the ball deep would have forced the Steelers to make tough choices like the Cowboys had to. When you are on your own 20 the decisiones are harder then when you are on the other teams 35 yard line.
     The offensive line did not play well today at all. I believe there were 4 false starts (some were killers) and Vollmer got lucky that his man got hurt because he was struggling. Brady was having to run out of the pocket way more than usual. The Steelers man to man coverage only worked because of the pressure. Teams that do not get pressure on Brady will get eaten alive playing man to man as much as the Steelers appeared to. Brady had good stats but the lack of a running game hurt. The pats had the tables turned on them today. They fell behind quickly by 2 scores and had to become more one dimensional than they would have liked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to REALISTIC spin on things.:
    [QUOTE]1. This team needs a true deep threat. We saw the Jets do it last year. We saw Pitt do it today. We have seen the offense struggle quite a bit this season even when we do win. There is NO excuse for letting teams line up with 7/8/even 9 at times at or near the Line of Scrimage. We have no one capable of demanding double/triple coverage downfield to open things up underneath. 2. One problem I have noticed that doesnt seem mentioned to often is Special teams. It has really been bad for the Pats. It seems the Kickoff coverage is lackluster, leading to longer returns. And it also seems we can never make it past the 20 on our returns. This area is undervalued, and needs to be improved. 3. Im starting to feel as if this offensive line is very overrated. Mankins and Light are overrated IMO. Connolly is decent, but that doesnt mean we couldnt use an upgrade there. Waters has been solid. Solder overall has looked decent, but could improve. Vollmer needs to play ALOT better. 4. This defense had a pretty rough day. I know in the end Points allowed is the most important stat, but that doesnt mean the other things dont matter. Today, Pitt was 10 for 16 on 3rd down, with a lot of those conversions being from 3rd and long. Pittsburgh didnt even punt until 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter. This is why I dont understand the criticism of Belichick's decision to go for the onside. After the Hernandez touchdown, we needed either to get the ball back from an onside, or a 3 and out from the D. I, like belichick, had ZERO faith in the D doing that with the way they played earlier. Neither the offense nor the defense played well, but I put this one more on the D. RIDING WITH THE KING, I know your gonna say that the offensive philosophy was poor, but Big Ben and Pittsburgh just kicked our  @sse$ using pretty much the same Spread shotgun philosophy. This D just allowed long drive after long drive after long drive. 3rd down D was a nightmare. Now im not gonna flip out and overreact. I still have faith in this team. However, its gonna take alot of improvement. With the G MEN coming to foxborough next week, the next game is gonna depend on who wins the battle at the line of scrimmage. The announcers in the MIA/NY game today that of the league-leading 22 sacks the giants have this season, only ONE has come from a non-D Lineman. Our OLINE has to have their best game of the season next week. Im not really big into superstitions, but remember that the last year we won a Super Bowl, we lost on Halloween weekend at Heinz field. I think this team will rebound.
    Posted by orangecrush28[/QUOTE]

The offensive line can only do so much when other teams flood the line of scrimmage. It's the running game and passing game. 

NE cannot dink and dunk it's way to a championship. It worked in 2001. But since then, they have always had a player who could stretch the field. 

Good defenses, and I didn't think Pitt had the players to play this way, beat up their TEs and WRs at the line. None of them have the ability to beat that, get over the top, and make them pay. 

Until that is fixed, the offense will continue to struggle against teams that load the box to stop the run and play aggressive man to man coverage.

And spare the Moss threads. He was washed when he left. NE at least needs to SHOW that they will pass it deep by taking a shot every now and again. Even on first down once in a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

REALISTIC spin on things.

1. This team needs a true deep threat. We saw the Jets do it last year. We saw Pitt do it today. We have seen the offense struggle quite a bit this season even when we do win. There is NO excuse for letting teams line up with 7/8/even 9 at times at or near the Line of Scrimage. We have no one capable of demanding double/triple coverage downfield to open things up underneath.

2. One problem I have noticed that doesnt seem mentioned to often is Special teams. It has really been bad for the Pats. It seems the Kickoff coverage is lackluster, leading to longer returns. And it also seems we can never make it past the 20 on our returns. This area is undervalued, and needs to be improved.

3. Im starting to feel as if this offensive line is very overrated. Mankins and Light are overrated IMO. Connolly is decent, but that doesnt mean we couldnt use an upgrade there. Waters has been solid. Solder overall has looked decent, but could improve. Vollmer needs to play ALOT better.

4. This defense had a pretty rough day. I know in the end Points allowed is the most important stat, but that doesnt mean the other things dont matter. Today, Pitt was 10 for 16 on 3rd down, with a lot of those conversions being from 3rd and long. Pittsburgh didnt even punt until 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter. This is why I dont understand the criticism of Belichick's decision to go for the onside. After the Hernandez touchdown, we needed either to get the ball back from an onside, or a 3 and out from the D. I, like belichick, had ZERO faith in the D doing that with the way they played earlier.

Neither the offense nor the defense played well, but I put this one more on the D. RIDING WITH THE KING, I know your gonna say that the offensive philosophy was poor, but Big Ben and Pittsburgh just kicked our  @sse$ using pretty much the same Spread shotgun philosophy. This D just allowed long drive after long drive after long drive. 3rd down D was a nightmare.

Now im not gonna flip out and overreact. I still have faith in this team. However, its gonna take alot of improvement. With the G MEN coming to foxborough next week, the next game is gonna depend on who wins the battle at the line of scrimmage. The announcers in the MIA/NY game today that of the league-leading 22 sacks the giants have this season, only ONE has come from a non-D Lineman. Our OLINE has to have their best game of the season next week.

Im not really big into superstitions, but remember that the last year we won a Super Bowl, we lost on Halloween weekend at Heinz field. I think this team will rebound.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Bill needs to swallow his pride admit he made a mistake. Cut ocho NOW and call up Randy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

I dont think Moss coming back would be as bad as some would think. Hes only 6 months older than Brady. I have a feeling Ocho's days as a Pat are numbered. Whether its signing Moss, TO, or adressing it in the offseason via trade/FA/draft, its something that needs to be taken care of

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Moss is no longer a deep threat, he proved that before and after he left NE last year. I am not sure how you solve something like this during the season. TO is the only real option out there, but after getting burned by Ocho do you want to take that chance.
    Welker is great. He can be contained but not stopped. Branch is past his prime and was a possession type guy at the high point in his career. Slater, Price and Edelman are all guys who would barely hang onto any teams' roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

This team played at a low level today... i am glad the defense got 5 sacks, and plenty of Fields Goals... we had a shot at winning today, yes, with 28 seconds. A shot we did not deserve.

the REALISTIC SCORE would ir be pitt 38 Ne 17

This i hope:

Vollmer get to his level

Mayo get to his level

DMC get to his level

Faulk get to his level

thats is...