Reality Check or I slept on it and here's what I think

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Reality Check or I slept on it and here's what I think

Tough game last night obviously but...the Pats are still 6-3 and sit atop the AFC East.  To me, they proved that they can outplay Indy and I think it was a great experience for a young football team.  A couple of points, please feel free to discuss:

Volmer is the real deal and should be solid on the blind side for many seasons. 

Young secondary played well, should be real good with this season under their belts.

Wes, Moss, Edelman, Stanback (who?), Watson, Baker all played well. 

Bottom line, we lost a game to an undefeated team on the road who needed to pull out a great win for them.  Let's give them the credit but not overlook the positive aspects of the game for the Patriots.  Based on what I saw, I think this team can beat New Orleans and end up 12-4 or 13-3, not a bad overall record.  Remember, a couple of years ago the Steelers absolutely crushed the Patriots during the regular season and then the Pats went up to Pittsburgh and blew them away.  Stuff happens, this team will be better for playing this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Reality Check or I slept on it and here's what I think

You are totally right. The media is going to hype this all week. The reality is it was one game and we are still more than likely going to the Playoffs and that's really what matters in the end.

I took more good than bad away from this game today. Plus the Pats always come out a better team after a loss. Almost makes me feel bad for the Jets (yeah right).

Losing always suucks but you'll forget all about it when you see Sanchez face down all day Sunday.

Time to move on..GO PATS!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

A long-term perspective might suggest that the Pats continue to watch their opportunites dwindle.  More specifically, this loss will certainly make things much more difficult to compete for the prize this year...another one missed.  It certainly appears as though they have gone from a great football team to a pretty good team.  Yeah, they're pretty good- that's it.  (Ho-hum.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Reality Check or I slept on it and here's what I think:
    [QUOTE]You are totally right. The media is going to hype this all week. The reality is it was one game and we are still more than likely going to the Playoffs and that's really what matters in the end. I took more good than bad away from this game today. Plus the Pats always come out a better team after a loss. Almost makes me feel bad for the Jets (yeah right). Losing always suucks but you'll forget all about it when you see Sanchez face down all day Sunday. Time to move on..GO PATS!!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

The odd thing about this - in watching the NFL Network and ESPN, it seems there are more than a few saying the Pats got jobbed on both calls. I found that to be interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Doesn't it bother anyone that the 3 biggest games in the last few years were lost do to BB decision making?

Offense was great, Defense looked like it let up in the 2nd half but BB's call to go for it was a joke and cost home field in the play-offs should they make it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just when you think  I would have a good nites sleep after the Bruins debacle saturday this game last nite has resurrected my insomnia.
    Just too much anger watching sports this weekend.
    Sure the Pats are 6-3 but I wanted that home field advantage . Anything can still happen but what hight the Colts will be on and I'm not impressed with their schedule.
    The blame game is not the solution and I will not even go there.
    To me the bad call was that interference call , total BS.  I see those type of plays by defense backs so many times and there's no call.  When will this league become consistent. 
    Bottom line the back if looking at the ball and is in position (because Manning under threw it) has all the right to be able to play it.  What was he supposed to do ??? Duck down and let the receiver catch it ???  BS NO WAY THAT IS INTERFERENCE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Just when you think  I would have a good nites sleep after the Bruins debacle saturday this game last nite has resurrected my insomnia. Just too much anger watching sports this weekend. Sure the Pats are 6-3 but I wanted that home field advantage . Anything can still happen but what hight the Colts will be on and I'm not impressed with their schedule. The blame game is not the solution and I will not even go there. To me the bad call was that interference call , total BS.  I see those type of plays by defense backs so many times and there's no call.  When will this league become consistent. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

The league is consistent. The only team to get that call is the Colts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reality Check or I slept on it and here's what I think : The league is consistent. The only team to get that call is the Colts.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]Crybaby...what was it you said to the Ravens fans after that game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reality Check or I slept on it and here's what I think : The league is consistent. The only team to get that call is the Colts.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Didin't want to go there but .......

Sections
Shortcuts