Reality Check Patriots staring at 1-3 start

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

Reality Check Patriots staring at 1-3 start

Are the Patriots heading for a Redsox-like season?

Let’s take a look at that for a moment, injuries, and underachievement does that ring a bell? Have we seen that before?  You can say what you want bad calls, missed field goal, that didn’t cost the Patriots the game against the Cardinals, it was an underachieving offense which we usually don’t see until the playoffs &/or Super Bowl. I guess we are starting early this season eh…

As I have said in my pre-season blog this team does have some glaring holes, and one such hole pretty much is turning into a grand canyon type hole and that is the Offensive line which might be the worse in the league, yes even worse than the Bears O-line! 

I’m wondering if Brady will survive the season, heck I’m wondering if Brady will survive the next game against the Ravens. The really sad point in this is the fact that Brady is nearing the end of his prime, and with this O-line the end may come sooner than we all thought. Another question I’ve been pondering while I was watching that abomination against the Cardinals is the Patriots offense getting too predictable? I mean there were times in that game where I thought the Cardinal defenders were in the New England Huddle.

I really feel bad for the defense which gave up only 245 yards in total offense and still lost the game. I still believe that the defense has a little more maturing to do, and we will probably see that in the next few games as well as when they play some really high-powered offense’s but so far, it has been much improved over past few seasons.

This is a reality check or a gut check or whatever you want to call it but these guys a professionals and they need to bear down or else I see a very dismal season on the horizon…

A lot of work ahead for this team…….

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Reality Check Patriots staring at 1-3 start

You think we're going to lose to the Bills?  No doubt the Ravens in Baltimore is going to be a tough game, but get real.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

In response to chowdakid's comment:

Let’s take a look at that for a moment, injuries, and underachievement does that ring a bell? Have we seen that before?  You can say what you want bad calls, missed field goal, that didn’t cost the Patriots the game against the Cardinals, it was an underachieving offense which we usually don’t see until the playoffs &/or Super Bowl. I guess we are starting early this season eh…

As I have said in my pre-season blog this team does have some glaring holes, and one such hole pretty much is turning into a grand canyon type hole and that is the Offensive line which might be the worse in the league, yes even worse than the Bears O-line! 

I’m wondering if Brady will survive the season, heck I’m wondering if Brady will survive the next game against the Ravens. The really sad point in this is the fact that Brady is nearing the end of his prime, and with this O-line the end may come sooner than we all thought. Another question I’ve been pondering while I was watching that abomination against the Cardinals is the Patriots offense getting too predictable? I mean there were times in that game where I thought the Cardinal defenders were in the New England Huddle.

I really feel bad for the defense which gave up only 245 yards in total offense and still lost the game. I still believe that the defense has a little more maturing to do, and we will probably see that in the next few games as well as when they play some really high-powered offense’s but so far, it has been much improved over past few seasons.

This is a reality check or a gut check or whatever you want to call it but these guys a professionals and they need to bear down or else I see a very dismal season on the horizon…

There is no way we lose to the Bills.  They are attrocious.  Witht he refs on their side, they got lucky against the Chiefs.   Spiller is awful and Fitz just throws the ball right to the DBs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

1          sf

2          gb

3          hou

4          atl

5          ne

6          bal

7          sd

8          no

9          dal

10        pit

11        sea

12        nyg

13        car

14        det

15        cin

16        nyj

17        den

18        phi

19        min

20        chi

21        jac

22        cle

23        mia

24        buf

25        tb

26        was

27        az

28        ten

29        ind

30        kc

31        oak

32        stl

I need to investigate adding a “trap game” factor to my numbers.  New England apparently was getting ready to play Baltimore a week early. 

Baltimore’s quarterback was cussing out the scab refs after their game.  At least Baltimore didn’t have the game-winning touchdown called back for a phantom hold. 

The bad calls currently appear to be random all over, but if a mobster wanted to throw a game, what better way to profit than through a scab ref?  These guys don’t really know where their next game takes them, and a $100,000 payout for a couple of fake defensive holding flags near the goal line would solve a lot of problems.  Who would complain about one more bad call from a clown ref?

The Pats really didn’t perform at home against a rather bad team.  I don’t know if Mankins is healthy.  I don’t know who the other guard is, and neither do the defensive linemen who play him.  Hernandez turning an ankle is pretty well reflected in the power drop. 

Baltimore really didn’t perform against a so-so team this week.  Sorry, but right now I have New England as a 5.4 point underdog next week versus Baltimore.  Baltimore is way up there in my “homefield advantage” listings.

However, I have New England as a 5.8 point overdog versus Buffalo.  Buffalo beat up on a terrible team -- KC dropped from 20th to 30th for their horrid effort and Buffalo rose from 31st to 24th for finally kicking something around, but Buffalo is still pretty weak when they want to be.

My only good news is a 2-0 record against the point spread for my game of the week.
      I'm ahead of the Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This site doesn't even understand single and double quotation marks any more.  I've got to start looking around.  Pats Pulpit?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

This site doesn't even understand single and double quotation marks any more.  I've got to start looking around.  Pats Pulpit?

Patsfans.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Why bother watching another game or posting another word, you've got it all figured out already. Do us that favor...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

It's refreshing to see that not everyone is heading for the gun closet! Better they get a semi-stinker out of the way early so they can address some things, rather that blindly mow everyone down with no clue where the tweaking needs to be! Relax, Chicken Littles of the nation, by the way how many teams are 1-1 right now? KMc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

^^^Dead giveaway that this is Phat Rex/Mangione: Egregious spelling errors.

Why are you posting under 2 names? DelGriffith and Clifford was here are the same person

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

I really feel bad for the defense which gave up only 245 yards in total offense and still lost the game. I still believe that the defense has a little more maturing to do, and we will probably see that in the next few games as well as when they play some really high-powered offense’s but so far, it has been much improved over past few seasons 

Why bother watching another game or posting another word, you've got it all figured out already. Do us that favor...

Amen to that my brother.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Seems "chicken little" showed up and the sky s falling!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I could see a 1-2 start easy enough.

Haven't we learned by now that regular season games, especially the early one's, don't mean crap. Look at the Giants of 2007 and 2011.

Make the playoffs, play smart, physical, mistake free football, win the super bowl.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts