Reality check - the Jets COULD ruin Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Reality check - the Jets COULD ruin Sunday

A lot of people seem to be writing off the Jets, figuring the ONLY way they can win is if the Patriots do something very, very wrong. I just want to remind people that the Jets, like the Pats, are a team of professional athletes and coaches who get paid just like all 31 other teams. That being said, here are some keys that could lead to the Jets shocking a lot of people.

They CAN run the ball well
    I dislike LT as much as the next guy. I'll never forget him sitting on the sideline moping all game in Foxboro, or getting mad the Pats celebrated on his field using Roidiman's dance. Even still, he showed this season that he does have something left, I don't know how much, but his hatred of the Pats could fuel him for a single game. Or perhaps just a half, which could make things miserable for all of us. Don't discount Greene either. He's a young, tough back who has been trending upward lately, and to me, is a similar back to Ray Rice, and that should scare all of us. If they do start running the ball, or even decently, it keeps Brady off the field, and it lessens the amount Sanchez has to do while also wearing out a thin defensive line. I'm very happy to be getting Spikes back.

Sanchez needs to play better than 'within himself"
    On the surface, this seems very unlikely. He hasn't consistenly shown the ability to be a solid QB in the NFL. However, there is one alarming stat to consider with him; he has led 6 last possession, game deciding drives. Even though, right now, I don't think he's a good QB (don't think he's awful either) he has shown that he is at least unnaffected by the pressure. The bigger the situation, the sharper he has shown to be. Don't expect him to "Manning or Favre it" and thrown a late pick with the game on the line. He may make mistakes, but they tend to come early. I don't think he will have a great game but if the Jets run decently, and he has a completion percentage north of 60 and no INTs, that could spell disaster for the Pats.

Brady's INT clock is ticking
    It seems unfathomable, but yes, Brady WILL throw another INT at SOME point. He currently is extending the longest streak in the history of the NFL. He's truly in uncharted waters. Yes, I'm well aware that this is the same guy who ALSO holds the record for pass attempts to start a career without an INT, but it's bound to happen. history is against him, the law of averages is wholly against him, even LUCK has to turn at some point! I hope it NEVER happens, but that's unrealistic, it will, I just hope not tomorrow...in fact, I'd be good if he just didn't throw one until AT LEAST the flowers come back...that'd be just fine.

If I were a betting man, I'd lay the points and go with my heart. My head, however, isn't so sure. Division rivals are ALWAYS tough.

Enjoy the game, I hope we're all here on Monday talking about how Rex put his foot in his mouth...or Cromartie got torched worse than child support...or how LT was...well, LT (invisible).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Reality check - the Jets COULD ruin Sunday

And a meteor could crash into Gillete during the game....all things are possible, just HIGHLY unlikely......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

No they can't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

This is highly unlikely. The Jets are a good team but you can be sure the Patriots have been duly reminded of last year's playoff game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unlikely, but, go speak to the New Orleans Saints players and their fans about their reality now.  All signs point to a Patriots win, but, the game still needs to be played. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

In Response to Reality check - the Jets COULD ruin Sunday:
    [QUOTE]A lot of people seem to be writing off the Jets, figuring the ONLY way they can win is if the Patriots do something very, very wrong. I just want to remind people that the Jets, like the Pats, are a team of professional athletes and coaches who get paid just like all 31 other teams. That being said, here are some keys that could lead to the Jets shocking a lot of people. They CAN run the ball well I dislike LT as much as the next guy. I'll never forget him sitting on the sideline moping all game in Foxboro, or getting mad the Pats celebrated on his field using Roidiman's dance. Even still, he showed this season that he does have something left, I don't know how much, but his hatred of the Pats could fuel him for a single game. Or perhaps just a half, which could make things miserable for all of us. Don't discount Greene either. He's a young, tough back who has been trending upward lately, and to me, is a similar back to Ray Rice, and that should scare all of us. If they do start running the ball, or even decently, it keeps Brady off the field, and it lessens the amount Sanchez has to do while also wearing out a thin defensive line. I'm very happy to be getting Spikes back. Sanchez needs to play better than 'within himself" On the surface, this seems very unlikely. He hasn't consistenly shown the ability to be a solid QB in the NFL. However, there is one alarming stat to consider with him; he has led 6 last possession, game deciding drives. Even though, right now, I don't think he's a good QB (don't think he's awful either) he has shown that he is at least unnaffected by the pressure. The bigger the situation, the sharper he has shown to be. Don't expect him to "Manning or Favre it" and thrown a late pick with the game on the line. He may make mistakes, but they tend to come early. I don't think he will have a great game but if the Jets run decently, and he has a completion percentage north of 60 and no INTs, that could spell disaster for the Pats. Brady's INT clock is ticking It seems unfathomable, but yes, Brady WILL throw another INT at SOME point. He currently is extending the longest streak in the history of the NFL. He's truly in uncharted waters. Yes, I'm well aware that this is the same guy who ALSO holds the record for pass attempts to start a career without an INT, but it's bound to happen. history is against him, the law of averages is wholly against him, even LUCK has to turn at some point! I hope it NEVER happens, but that's unrealistic, it will, I just hope not tomorrow...in fact, I'd be good if he just didn't throw one until AT LEAST the flowers come back...that'd be just fine. If I were a betting man, I'd lay the points and go with my heart. My head, however, isn't so sure. Division rivals are ALWAYS tough. Enjoy the game, I hope we're all here on Monday talking about how Rex put his foot in his mouth...or Cromartie got torched worse than child support...or how LT was..., LT (invisible).
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I think that you are way, way off in your analysis!  Right off the bat you have to look at the Jets as a team that struggles to score (period).  Therefore the only way that they can realistically have a chance at winning is to keep this a low scoring game, which will be easier said than done considering how good the Pats are on offense.

Furthermore, Sanchez is a mediocre QB, who for the 2nd consecutive week will be playing on the road, in what will be perhapse the most hostile enviornement imaginable considering all the hype and trash talk leading up to this game.

The Jets on defense are built to play man coverage and eliminate deep passing attacks.  However, Brady has too many weapons.  Even if they try and target Branch and Welker, then Gronk, Hernandez, or Woodhead will be open (we can play this what if game all day if you want, the fact is that like in boxing when they say style makes fights, well... the Pats are tailored made to beat the NYJ).

I guess technically the Jets do have a chance at winning this game on Sunday, just like I may hit the lottery any day now... but between me and you, I won't hold my breath.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

C'Mon, Pats' Fans:

You were throwing up before the Steelers Game;
    Lashing out at the kids before the Colts Game;
    Chewing down to your cuticles at halftime of the Lions Game;
    Checked into the ER before the Jets Game;
    Paced the neighborhood before the Bears Game;
    Threw up dinner in the 3rd quarter of the Packers Game;
    Knew that the Bills were a "trap,"
    And assumed Brady would play three minutes and the Pats would lose to the Dolphins.....

And they steamrolled to an 8-0 finish.

And the Jets backed in.

Have faith.

For the Jets to win, they have to be almost perfect while, at the same time, the Patriots have to completely fall apart.

At Home.

In the Freezing Cold.

With Bill completely confused.

And Brady sitting on the sideline.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Yes Jets could ruin Sunday for the Pats fans.

But much much more likely, the Pats will ruin the Jets entire team and send them back to the depths of the AFC East for the next two seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Any given Sunday.  But this game totally favors the Patriots.  The Patriots are playing the best football of any team in the playoffs.  They peaked at the right time.  They had an extra week of practice and preparation.  The Jets struggled to beat a Colts team decimated by injuries.  Mark Sanchez can say what he wants about his shoulder but it's clearly not 100%.  He struggled in a dome.  He will struggle in the cold.  The Pats know they can stop Sanchez but they also know they will be playing to stop their running game.  You give the Patriots all this time and preparation, you know the end result.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

The only way I see them ruining this for us is if those thugs hurt Brady or Welker.  The way they are acting, I am actually a little concerned about that.  In their minds.....so what if they get a penalty......it will be worth it to get rid of Brady.  I hope my fears are unfounded, but I wouldn't put anything past these thugs.   GO PATS!!!  Crush those losers!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

The Jets load their pants every time they go to Foxborough (Pats have scored what, 80 points the two time Rex has brought his vaulted defense here).  Pats win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Yes Pats should win...but let us not forget a certain SB lose a few years ago by another NY team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

Two good teams. Playoffs. No one has won yet. That's why they are probably going to play the game instead of simply giving the Pats another bye week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Hedging your bets with "anything is possible," so you can come back later with some of Rusty's patented "I told you so" bullsh*t" if lightning strikes is weak, weak sauce.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You're right, anything's possible...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

The Jets are frauds and have struggled all year to beat any teams with winning records.  The Patriots are not the Colts. We won't be settling for field goals or scoring only 14 pts. The Jerks and fireman Ed will be thinking about the 2011 season by 3rd quarter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of people seem to be writing off the Jets, figuring the ONLY way they can win is if the Patriots do something very, very wrong.Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

come on where's your faith. have you been watching this season at all?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Brady played a completely flawless game last time...flawless. If he doesn't this time, I may worry. It's the playoffs and anything can happen, but I like this offense to the point were I think it can hide a sub par defense. Right now I see an offense that can run it, pass protect, throw it all over the field and has guys that can do something with the ball in their hands at almost every skill position. The tight ends in this offense are as good as you will see anywhere and certainly the best that Brady has had to work with. The d line worries me, but we will stack the box on occasion, and hopefully they won't catch our secondary napping.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hmmmm here comes the counterpoints.

They CAN run the ball well.  No, not against us they can't.  
    Sanchez needs to play better than 'within himself" The whole point is, he can't.  Every time they let him cut loose, he fails.  

Brady's INT clock is ticking There is NO SUCH THING.  He throws, he gets picked or not.  Even given the supposition that he IS picked, it would require a bunch of them.  He just takes care of the ball too well for that.

Your original point is fair, the Jets COULD win.  But why act like we didn't already know that?  We do.  What will it take?  They will have to play very well, and we will have to tank.  Short of that, skill on skill, no way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

After Bart Scott's threat against Welker, there is no way the Pats let the Jets out of Foxborough alive.  We will score on every possession and the Jets won't get anywhere near field goal range.  And then in the 4th Quarter Light and Mankins will flip out and beat the snot out of Scott and Cromartie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Reality check - the Jets COULD ruin Sunday:
    [QUOTE]  We will score on every possession
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

i would love to see us bat 1000.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

no way pats lose on sunday. am more concerned about the jets being stupid enough to ruin nwe's playoff run by doing something really low, like purposely hurt someone. we'll see...i am hoping they don't try early to make this into an ugly dirty game. watch out for some blind side helmet to helmet block/tackle away from the ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

A few points to (re)make:

As far as the weak sauce comment...the whole "it's possible" angle would be one thing. But puting 3 distinct points out there that could lead to a Jets win is something pretty different.

Every time Sanchez is cut loose he fails? Except for those 6 game winning drives HE orchestrated.

The Jets can't run the ball well..."on us"? I wasn't aware the Pats suddenly had a top run D in the league. They didn't all year, I'm glad something changed now.

There are still a majority of people falling into the "only if Brady dies, BB goes into a coma, and 42 other players get mono can the Jets win" category. There are a few, however, that still remember 2007...or more recently, how about that completely unlosable game against Cleveland? As was mentioned before, how do NO's fans look now after laughing about pulling Seattle?

Consider this: Brady throws just one INT, but Sanchez throws 0, and there are no fumbles in the game. That one stat, being -1 in the turnover ratio is enough in the playoffs to make ANY team lose.

I guess the whole point was to try to get some people to, I don't know, take a page from BB's book, and temper yourselves a little. Too many people are expecting a route, there is no alterior motive for me to be able to come back and say "I told you so", some of us are slightly more mature than that. I've been unafraid to throw predictions out there all season, my Falcons one is still sitting on an island as they get ready to roll into the next round.

I hope the Jets do NONE of those three things I outlined, but if they manage all three, or 2/3, NE will be in a lot more trouble than many of you are even considering is possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of people seem to be writing off the Jets, figuring the ONLY way they can win is if the Patriots do something very, very wrong. I just want to remind people that the Jets, like the Pats, are a team of professional athletes and coaches who get paid just like all 31 other teams. That being said, here are some keys that could lead to the Jets shocking a lot of people. They CAN run the ball well I dislike LT as much as the next guy. I'll never forget him sitting on the sideline moping all game in Foxboro, or getting mad the Pats celebrated on his field using Roidiman's dance. Even still, he showed this season that he does have something left, I don't know how much, but his hatred of the Pats could fuel him for a single game. Or perhaps just a half, which could make things miserable for all of us. Don't discount Greene either. He's a young, tough back who has been trending upward lately, and to me, is a similar back to Ray Rice, and that should scare all of us. If they do start running the ball, or even decently, it keeps Brady off the field, and it lessens the amount Sanchez has to do while also wearing out a thin defensive line. I'm very happy to be getting Spikes back. Sanchez needs to play better than 'within himself" On the surface, this seems very unlikely. He hasn't consistenly shown the ability to be a solid QB in the NFL. However, there is one alarming stat to consider with him; he has led 6 last possession, game deciding drives. Even though, right now, I don't think he's a good QB (don't think he's awful either) he has shown that he is at least unnaffected by the pressure. The bigger the situation, the sharper he has shown to be. Don't expect him to "Manning or Favre it" and thrown a late pick with the game on the line. He may make mistakes, but they tend to come early. I don't think he will have a great game but if the Jets run decently, and he has a completion percentage north of 60 and no INTs, that could spell disaster for the Pats. Brady's INT clock is ticking It seems unfathomable, but yes, Brady WILL throw another INT at SOME point. He currently is extending the longest streak in the history of the NFL. He's truly in uncharted waters. Yes, I'm well aware that this is the same guy who ALSO holds the record for pass attempts to start a career without an INT, but it's bound to happen. history is against him, the law of averages is wholly against him, even LUCK has to turn at some point! I hope it NEVER happens, but that's unrealistic, it will, I just hope not tomorrow...in fact, I'd be good if he just didn't throw one until AT LEAST the flowers come back...that'd be just fine. If I were a betting man, I'd lay the points and go with my heart. My head, however, isn't so sure. Division rivals are ALWAYS tough. Enjoy the game, I hope we're all here on Monday talking about how Rex put his foot in his mouth...or Cromartie got torched worse than child support...or how LT was...well, LT (invisible).
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

you obviously know nothing about statistics and the law of averages. if each time Brady get the ball in his hands he has the same percentage  of throwing an interception  then the odds don't change.   example if i flipped a coin and got heads 100 times in a row what would be the odds that the next time i flip it i would get heads?  It is still 50-50.
    the only time the stats would change is if he were drawing balls out of a bag and there was no replacement of the non interception balls.  There is always the same chance that he will throw in interception and he makes good decisions so the fact that he has thrown so many balls without an interception is irrelevant being that the 2 events are not linked.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My clock is ticking.  For years, no NFL scout has noticed what a great NFL starting quarterback I might be.  It must be way past time for someone to come up and offer me $10 mil a year for four years with an option on the fifth year.  These things always come around eventually.  Jonathan Kraft, you've got my phone number somewhere.

Reality check - I'm not sure "clock is ticking" actually works that way.  My ticker is still ticking with shoveling all this snow but that's not the same thing.