Reality Check

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Reality Check

In Response to Re: Reality Check:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reality Check : Here is the worst, and I know you have me on ignore. I just like slapping you so everyone sees it: 1. Jets lose to NE. 2. Jets lose to Chicago. 3. Jets to lose to Pitt after Baltimore beats Pitt. All of these losses are possible and likely since they are road games against good defensive teams, most notably Pitt and Chicago. One of the wild cards is assumed to come out of the AFC East. But, what if it doesn't? What if Baltimore or Pitt get one of them and SD or KC gets the other? Baltimore owns the tiebreak on you and Pitt might as well. That leaves it up to SD or KC to fold, that is unless of course you expect Sanchez to win all 3 of these tough road games. See, you are so deluded buying into what you have in Jersey, you think it's a foregone conclusion NY is a lock. This is where the pressure rises for Sanchez.  He's now expected to deliver the goods against better competition in hostile environments. Good luck. lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

There are lot of chemical plants in Jersey. He's a good case study of the effects of pollutants on mental/emotional development

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Reality Check : Here's some history for you.  How many times have the Jest swept the Pats since 2000?  Answer; zero.  How many times have the Pats swept the jests?  Answer, 4.  I think I like the Pats odds.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

According to many Jets fans here, including TubbyRex, NY has "swept" the Pats sometime in the last 15 years.

lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Reality Check:
    [QUOTE]lots of smack being talked on this forum for a team the Jets already beat once this year. I think its laughable how most of the people on this forum crow about the patriots historical past and talk about the team's history from 6 years ago, like it makes a difference this year. And in the same breadth, talk about how you are a different team than you were in week 2.  Are you really that different?  Experience for young players matter that much?  Then you will agree that the Sanchize has really improved as well.  But to read your posts on Sanchize you would think he is the QB for the Bills.  Pick a side, you cant have both. As far as disrespecting the pats, I think you will read whatever you want into Rex's quotes. If he says that we will win, you take it as a slap to the entire Foxborough area.  Not that I think he cares one bit about what others outside of his locker room think but he is coming to foxborough and bringing some punishment for your team. On another note, I was shocked at the beating TB took last week.  He was flattened more than a few times.  So, I think the Jets can win this game.  In short, get your "OMG THE REFS ARE PAID" and "THE JETS WON THEIR 2nd SB OF THE SEASON" posts ready.  I'll be back to serve your Tuesday feast as usual.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Sanchise would be #2 if he played for the Bills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Reality Check : Sanchise would be #2 if he played for the Bills.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

He's the best QB in the NFL. In the backwards universe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reality Check : That is worthless history pezz.  Most of the players that played in those games from 2000 are no longer with the Jets or the pats.  We can look at the past couple of years if you like.  we can look at Rex's record if you like.
    The only year Rex was the coach they split the games.  It's certainly not far fetched to think it could happen again.  Consider the Pats 24 straight home victories, and this is a home game for the Pats. 

As far as what happenned during the dynasty years, I don't think it's completely irrelevant.  The Coach and QB are still the same and success doesn't typically end until one of those change in dynasty type teams.  Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, etc. had successful teams until they retired. 

I do think 9 games of experience makes a big difference for young 1st and 2nd year players.  This game should be interesting.  Sanchez is playing solid, Holmes will play, Revis is looking more like himself.  Pats are home, Moss is gone, along with the Pats "spread offensive philosophy".  The defense has struggled but has created a lot of turnovers, and Brady is playing some of the best football we've seen in a few years. 

I expect a good game, and I think the Pats will be favored slightly by Vegas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Take a close look at this list.    If you notice all the QBs below Sanchez are either back ups or have been supplanted at one time or another during this season, including McNabb.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2010&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=0&d-447263-p=1

So, he has the lowest rating of any QB, other than Palmer, Favre or Alex Smith, since starting in Week 1.

Obviously, the Favre debacle is so bad to be anywhere near that is pretty bad.  And Palmer, has just been terrible forcing balls to TO, etc.

lol!  "Sanchise" sure looks to be in good company!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reality Check : The only year Rex was the coach they split the games.  It's certainly not far fetched to think it could happen again.  Consider the Pats 24 straight home victories, and this is a home game for the Pats.  As far as what happenned during the dynasty years, I don't think it's completely irrelevant.  The Coach and QB are still the same and success doesn't typically end until one of those change in dynasty type teams.  Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, etc. had successful teams until they retired.  I do think 9 games of experience makes a big difference for young 1st and 2nd year players.  This game should be interesting.  Sanchez is playing solid, Holmes will play, Revis is looking more like himself.  Pats are home, Moss is gone, along with the Pats "spread offensive philosophy".  The defense has struggled but has created a lot of turnovers, and Brady is playing some of the best football we've seen in a few years.  I expect a good game, and I think the Pats will be favored slightly by Vegas.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Also, "the past couple of years" conveniently includes no Brady and a rusty Brady back from missing 2008.

lol

Classic.

Jets fans beat their chests, knowing that if Pollard doesn't cheap shot Brady, their premise doesn't even hold any water.

Send thank you notes to Bernard Pollard c/o loser fans.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The Pats are presently favored by 3.5. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]"But to read your posts on Sanchize you would think he is the QB for the Bills." This would be a compliment to Sour Cream Sanchize.....Why is it so many people think the Bills s uck but they compete every week, and put up major passing yard...They scored 49 on a Bengls team that took you to the wire. Another guy who is a fan, mentioned that the Bills took the Steelers to O/T, so our win was not impressive,....  Really how about the fact that we play in a tough division and maybe the Bills arent as bad as their record, they play everyone till the end, including us, the Ravens and a host of others...Fitzy makes plays all day in the passing game while Sanchez has the luzxury of handing off to a hall of famer while his defense keeps the other team in it, and all he has to do is make one lucky throw at the end....I'd say Sanchez IS NOT better than Fitzy at all....and Pittsburgh is in an overated divison that was swept by the Bengals last year...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they are just a very young  team that started off trying to transition into a 3-4.

Buffalo has very good RBs, a good, intelligent QB and some good WRs.  Their O Line is a little shaky and their Run D has really hurt them this year with injuries down the middle.

I see Buffalo giving us a problem and NY as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the bills arent as bad as theirs(actually they are) but the jests definately arent as good as thiers...

payback is a biatch...and her name is peon aka fatrex aka wedumdumdat

actually i dont think peon actaully ignores ... he just lies about it...there would be no fun in it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]lots of smack being talked on this forum for a team the Jets already beat once this year. I think its laughable how most of the people on this forum crow about the patriots historical past and talk about the team's history from 6 years ago, like it makes a difference this year. And in the same breadth, talk about how you are a different team than you were in week 2.  Are you really that different?  Experience for young players matter that much?  Then you will agree that the Sanchize has really improved as well.  But to read your posts on Sanchize you would think he is the QB for the Bills.  Pick a side, you cant have both. As far as disrespecting the pats, I think you will read whatever you want into Rex's quotes. If he says that we will win, you take it as a slap to the entire Foxborough area.  Not that I think he cares one bit about what others outside of his locker room think but he is coming to foxborough and bringing some punishment for your team. On another note, I was shocked at the beating TB took last week.  He was flattened more than a few times.  So, I think the Jets can win this game.  In short, get your "OMG THE REFS ARE PAID" and "THE JETS WON THEIR 2nd SB OF THE SEASON" posts ready.  I'll be back to serve your Tuesday feast as usual.

The current YETS team is the best I've seen in years and I've seen lots of them.  Used to live on Long Island.  I was Giants fan back then, the 80's but I watched the YETS in their futility and year in and year out it was always, "The Same Old JETs"...  Clearly that's over.  And yes, Sanchez is better but he's not ready for the HOF just yet. 

However, you know in your heart that the 12/6 game is as huge for you as it for us, so this seems to me like quite a high wire act for you.  Once again, I tell you my old friend, as I do all the time, a football game will be played in Foxboro on 12/6/2010 and one team will lose and one team will win.  Once again you commit the sin of football hubris and all I can say based on your post is, that if you lose, you will pay a serious price in how you feel on the morning of 12/7/2010.  Gee, Pearl Harbor Day...  Of course if you win, you will be happy.  We will see what we will see.  No speculation or predictions from me, its just too dumb to engage in.  Should be a great game.  Looking forward to it.

BTW, they are the YETS to me until they win another Super Bowl.  Man it has been a long, long, long time. I think Namath cursed you guys with all that hubris of his. The curse of the 'waving we're number one finger".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jets in the bottom of the league in red zone on both sides of the ball against average competition:

Red-zone offense (TD percentage)
    This week: Tied-29th (14 TDs in 35 attempts, 40 percent)
    Last week: 30th (13 TDs in 33 attempts, 39.4 percent)

Red-zone defense (opponents' TD percentage)
    This week: 22nd (17 TDs in 30 attempts, 56.7 percent)
    Last week: 24th (16 TDs in 27 attempts, 59.3 percent)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

at least the pats have a history 2 talk about, 10th all time nfl winning percentage 3 super bowl championships, what do the jets have to talk about? the 25th winning percentage in the history of the league, below 500 all time record and 1 super bowl, so basically the jets organization as a whole has entirely sukkked since its been a member of the league. eat that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

killa, I never said that the jets will sleep walk through foxborough.  In fact, I look forward to it to test the mettle of the Jets.  Why the bills get more respect than my jets around here is funny.  It just proves how blind with rage that some of the pats fans are about the Jets having a good team this year.  I will be on more this week, busy right now with the end of the month.  I can only hope that it makes this week go faster...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]Jets have one super bowl but other then that you were spot on
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

thx forgot about that one

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Outside of the "who wants it more" concepts, I think NY is fairly easy to gameplan for because it's still the run game and Sanchez with slant routes.

If they do these same kinds of things in this game, the Pats will be ready for it and it won't work as well as it has been against the other teams they ave

I think we'll see a boatload of wrinkles from NY on offense, lost of Brad Smith, some wildcat, etc.

Sanchez can't handle the pressure of this game.  Too much on the line. Expect a commitment to the run heavy and often and lots of looks for slants and Keller over the middle.

Chung should be the guy on Keller.

They can either go nickel and bracket Holmes.   I can see Wilhite getting some looks in the slot here and peeling off to help on Holmes's slant routes.

For the Pats on offense, just run a lot of the lateral routes and stack the TEs off the edge like you did in the 1st half  of Week 2.

Tell Mankins and Gronkoswki that Devito said his mother smelled, too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Somebody please tell Leon that the Bills have historically been a better team than the Jets. I'd tell him myself but he told me he's ignoring me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Yea but you know as well as I do Rusty that stats dont tell the whole story. The Jets win games when they need to get a big play. They are lucky and their luck will run out at some IMO but luck or no luck a win is a win is a win and no matter what those stats say they already beat the Pats once so they will get my respect for the week. But I think this time around they will be a bit surprised.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I posted it because Jets fans and other keep harping on NE's pass D. Funny how the Jets are WORSE in the red zone (where it matters)  on both sides of the ball.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Would this be an appropriate time to bring up your ex coordinator throwing your dynasty under the bus this past week?  When he was questioned about why he was disciplined differently than the pats were for essentially the same rule infraction your ex coordinator said "because we did not gain a competitive advantage like the patriots did".  Ahh, what timing for McSpygate.

Me, on the other hand, I give you guys much more credit. even if you knew what plays your opposition was calling, you still have to go out and play the game.  Our offensive coordinators at the time, I could have told you what play was coming up next...

What a great game it will be this Monday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

[QUOTE]I never said that I wouldnt want to have won 3 championships over the past decade(more than a decade now). 
    Hasn't been a decade since February 3th, 2002. Is this Jet's math?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

ooops, I thought you guys were champs in the late 90s, and 2002.  Phatrex is more of the Jets stats guy on this board.  I do know that you guys won the AFC East last year and it is up to us to take it from you.  This Monday will go a long way to accomplish our first goal and that is the AFC East crown.

As far as the Bills, I am not feeling too bad for them.  They had the Steelers dead to rights and let them go with that awful drop in OT.  That guy looked like Tate out there.  Seriously though, I see Cromartie on Tate with Revis following Welker around.  Your TEs have the potential to hurt us.  I have to put faith in Rex that he knows that and he will come up with a scheme to guard against that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Here's WeeWee

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Would this be an appropriate time to bring up your ex coordinator throwing your dynasty under the bus this past week?  When he was questioned about why he was disciplined differently than the pats were for essentially the same rule infraction your ex coordinator said "because we did not gain a competitive advantage like the patriots did".  Ahh, what timing for McSpygate. Me, on the other hand, I give you guys much more credit. even if you knew what plays your opposition was calling, you still have to go out and play the game.  Our offensive coordinators at the time, I could have told you what play was coming up next... What a great game it will be this Monday.

Please provide a link of Josh saying that because that's not what I heard him say.  Also it is definitely not the same rule infraction.  Taping a CLOSED practice is not the same as legally taping from a wrong spot on the field.  Please learn the rules!