Realize what we have here in N.E.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Realize what we have here in N.E.

There is a abnormal amount of over reaction on this board to all things Patriots. We all need to step back and appreciate what we have the opportunity to watch. I for one am incredably grateful to be able to be a fan of the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. We, as fans, have maybe the greatest coach of all time,  and one of, if not the greatest QB to ever play the position. I will forever be grateful for Belichick and Brady for taking my lovable loser Patriots and turning them to NFL CHAMPIONS...........3X NFL CHAMPIONS, and one of the most powerhouse franchise's this league as ever seen. You take a good look around the league and thier are more teams then not that have MAJOR QB  problems and teams with QUESTIONABLE COACHING. I think some of the irrationals need to step back and realize what we have here...............an 8-2 team being lead by Belichick and Brady................what more could we as fans ask for. Sit back and enjoy the ride................cause it wont last forever.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Realize what we have here in N.E.

very true Hman, look at the messes in Dallas, Minnesota, Tennessee, the ten year run of BB and TB is to be appreciated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It won't happen.

There is a batch of good, knowledgeable Pats fans here, but 70-80% of this board is knee jerk kids/teenagers or 20 somethings who expect the 2007 Pats every year.

Many of them do not watch the NFL more than maybe the Sunday night or Monday night games, only.

Limited perspectives.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am a Jets fan and even I appreciate exactly what TB and BB have done for that franchise and for football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As excited as I am with what they are pulling off this season I can not wait until next year (if there is a season) with all the draft picks, a young team with one year experience under their belt.  The rest of this season I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the ride.  While I don't see a SB victory this season I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

All because of the main man, Bill!  Thank goodness we don't have to go through what the Vikings, Cowboys and Titans are going through.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E.:
    [QUOTE]It won't happen. There is a batch of good, knowledgeable Pats fans here, but 70-80% of this board is knee jerk kids/teenagers or 20 somethings who expect the 2007 Pats every year. Many of them do not watch the NFL more than maybe the Sunday night or Monday night games, only. Limited perspectives.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

You mean knowledgable fans don't want to trade all our draft picks for big name free agents to satisfy a need for instant gratification or cut every rookie because he has a bad game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is a golden era. The only thing I might add is that people now expect championships in a cap era (very difficult task). I look for the Pats to contend every year and improve each game. This team went from being one of the oldest in 2007 to one of the youngest in 2010; it is very difficult to remain competitive under those circumstances and yet that is exactly what they are doing. I am totally appreciative. People that think this Pats team should be able to blow out every team in the NFL are being puerile and unrealistic. This not how the NFL functions; the difference between being 10-6 with a Wild Card and being 6-10 is maybe two or three quality players. Every week we see 7-12 games decided by a TD or less. This is the most competitive league in professional sports and has rules designed to keep it competitive. What the Patriots have been able to accomplish is extraordinary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I have said this since last year.  BB wins 11 games with a QB who hadn't started in 10 years.

He wins a division last year in less than good circumstances rebuilding.

Now, the the rebuild is being finalized for years to come with a likely 2011 knockout draft and this team is 8-2 rolling into Detroit on Thanksgiving.

BB is the greatest coach ever and one of the best GMs ever.   His ability to locate the player he wants for that skill set and to coach them is second to none.

We'll never see this again.

Most teams take 3-5 years to even figure out their rebuild and if it might work.

Look at Seattle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]It won't happen. There is a batch of good, knowledgeable Pats fans here, but 70-80% of this board is knee jerk kids/teenagers or 20 somethings who expect the 2007 Pats every year. Many of them do not watch the NFL more than maybe the Sunday night or Monday night games, only. Limited perspectives.

BBreigns... your comments are right on the money.  Many fans are here due to the electronic age and have jumped on the band wagon in the last few years.  Many may have jumped on only after the SB run and into the 2007 season.  As a result, with none of the pain of the AFL and Sullivan years etc.. their expectations is for nothing but winning without thinking a team can have its ups and downs.  What is amazing, even after a good, hard fought win, some come onto this board and still whine about the team.  Knightsailor for example, will anything please that character?  Right now we are in a glorious stretch which many NFL fans wish they could have for their team, for which only a handful can enjoy consistently. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]I am a Jets fan and even I appreciate exactly what TB and BB have done for that franchise and for football.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

see this is an example i was referring to from another thread

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : BBreigns... your comments are right on the money.  Many fans are here due to the electronic age and have jumped on the band wagon in the last few years.  Many may have jumped on only after the SB run and into the 2007 season.  As a result, with none of the pain of the AFL and Sullivan years etc.. their expectations is for nothing but winning without thinking a team can have its ups and downs.  What is amazing, even after a good, hard fought win, some come onto this board and still whine about the team.  Knightsailor for example, will anything please that character?  Right now we are in a glorious stretch which many NFL fans wish they could have for their team, for which only a handful can enjoy consistently. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Mind you, others who agreed with me/and me with them, were called "homers" and "Kool Aid drinkers", even now.

Knight Sailor is a troll. There are a lot like him who pose as fans to use their trolling techniques.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the jests d certainly make you earn some your points but they are not shut down and seem to be more exploitable as season progresses and revis is overhyped like the rest of that team...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

OK just too say Iam a long time pats fan and remember the days of the 1 in 15 seasons ,but every yr I'd say this is the yrgot made fun of for wearing patroits shrits and hats too school ,everyone said they sucked blah blah but i belived so now i look at every win and winning season  and greatful for it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : Mind you, others who agreed with me/and me with them, were called "homers" and "Kool Aid drinkers", even now. Knight Sailor is a troll. There are a lot like him who pose as fans to use their trolling techniques.

Knightsailor actually had a post where he didn't reference Brady's hair or first child. Had we lost he would identified one of those as the reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Having an 8-2 record during a REBUILDING year is in-bloody-credible.

We are far from perfect..

need a killer OLB
    need a killer RB
    need a killer WR to stretch the field

but, I cannot see ANY OTHER team that I would rather be a fan of...

Love the way BB runs this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Having an 8-2 record during a REBUILDING year is in-bloody-credible. We are far from perfect.. need a killer OLB need a killer RB need a killer WR to stretch the field but, I cannot see ANY OTHER team that I would rather be a fan of... Love the way BB runs this team.
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

We need a wide that can stretch the field but can also block his man so Welker and the other Hobbits can get more yards after the catch. I don't want another wide out that just stands there when he's not getting the ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : Knightsailor actually had a post where he didn't reference Brady's hair or first child. Had we lost he would identified one of those as the reason.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

What's scary is someone like that may have the ability to vote and may try to procreate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Yeah 70-80% might be in there teens or twenties, but what are we supposed to do go back to the 80's before we were born and watch the patriots so we can "understand" what its like to watch a losing team. We "expect the 2007 Pats every year" really well maybe your too OLD to remember the "knee jerk" reaction of that season when the pats lost in the super bowl. Yes thats right I do expect the 2001, 2003, 2004 Pats every year, I expect a super bowl. I don't care how they win their games but as long as they come up on top at the end of the year thats all that matters. 

Its really to bad that most of us on this site have to deal with these men who are supposedly experts and novelist on football because they are older than me. Yeah its really to bad that your to old and cant stay up to watch the games on Monday and Sunday night but I suggest you get DVR so you can watch them the next day. Maybe you should realize that your the ignorant dude that thinks he knows everything because he's been around. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I am thankful everyday. I remember a few years back thinking how great it is to have players like Teddy, Rodney, Seymour, Brown, etc... and now they are all gone. This won't last forever, so enjoy the greatness of Belichick, Brady and company.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : Yeah 70-80% might be in there teens or twenties, but what are we supposed to do go back to the 80's before we were born and watch the patriots so we can "understand" what its like to watch a losing team. We "expect the 2007 Pats every year" really well maybe your too OLD to remember the "knee jerk" reaction of that season when the pats lost in the super bowl. Yes thats right I do expect the 2001, 2003, 2004 Pats every year, I expect a super bowl. I don't care how they win their games but as long as they come up on top at the end of the year thats all that matters.  Its really to bad that most of us on this site have to deal with these men who are supposedly experts and novelist on football because they are older than me. Yeah its really to bad that your to old and cant stay up to watch the games on Monday and Sunday night but I suggest you get DVR so you can watch them the next day. Maybe you should realize that your the ignorant dude that thinks he knows everything because he's been around. 
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

Sorry. No offense to the younger fans, just the younger irrational ones who haven't taken an Economics 101 course yet.

Maybe you are older and understand economics/how tough it is to manage in the cap era, and if so, I apologize for generalizing.

I said it to prove a point. We see a lot of Madden video game fanboys here who look at stats and stats only.

The irony is, this team;s own coach says "stats are for losers" and he's the one who is largely responsible for leading this ship for 11 years here.

It's like some people forget what made the recipe.

You don't need a time machine to learn.  When I was 22, I listened, read and learned.

I didn't just mouth off thinking I knew everything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : Yeah 70-80% might be in there teens or twenties, but what are we supposed to do go back to the 80's before we were born and watch the patriots so we can "understand" what its like to watch a losing team.  

Maine...  you do not have to go back in history to be a fan.  The issue taken here is how there are so many "knee jerk" reactions, as noted by BBreigns, from fans who think a player should be cut or have a "fantasy league" mentality in that they think the Pats can pick up any player they want.  As a "young" fan who may have been blessed to only have been cognizant of the Patriots in the last decade, you really can't relate to a losing streak or years of ineptitude. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : Sorry. No offense to the younger fans, just the younger irrational ones who haven't taken an Economics 101 course yet. Maybe you are older and understand economics/how tough it is to manage in the cap era, and if so, I apologize for generalizing. I said it to prove a point. We see a lot of Madden video game fanboys here who look at stats and stats only. The irony is, this team;s own coach says "stats are for losers" and he's the one who is largely responsible for leading this ship for 11 years here. It's like some people forget what made the recipe. You don't need a time machine to learn.  When I was 22, I listened, read and learned. I didn't just mouth off thinking I knew everything. 

Stop making fun of people who play madden, when i play a franchise id rather draft young talent and slowly get rid of my overpaid ageing superstars.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

As mentioned, imagine if BB was not in a cap situation right now, going into 2011?

Or, even before, say circa 2003 or 2004? 

He could have kept Milloy, Ty Law, Vinatieri, Branch, Samuel, Vrabel, Seymour, etc.   Once they got old, his picks would have been groomed and all been ready at once.

I am not convinced NE would have not won more SBs from 2005-2009.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

great thread!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realize what we have here in N.E. : Yeah 70-80% might be in there teens or twenties, but what are we supposed to do go back to the 80's before we were born and watch the patriots so we can "understand" what its like to watch a losing team. We "expect the 2007 Pats every year" really well maybe your too OLD to remember the "knee jerk" reaction of that season when the pats lost in the super bowl. Yes thats right I do expect the 2001, 2003, 2004 Pats every year, I expect a super bowl. I don't care how they win their games but as long as they come up on top at the end of the year thats all that matters.  Its really to bad that most of us on this site have to deal with these men who are supposedly experts and novelist on football because they are older than me. Yeah its really to bad that your to old and cant stay up to watch the games on Monday and Sunday night but I suggest you get DVR so you can watch them the next day. Maybe you should realize that your the ignorant dude that thinks he knows everything because he's been around. 

May I respectfully suggest that you relax?  May I also suggest that simply because some of us have been Pats fans for years doesn't mean that we are not enthusiastic and excited about the team's prospects?  May I also suggest that perhaps some of us do actually know a little bit more about the game since we've been watching rather devotedly for a good number of years and have come to understand its ebb and flow and ups and downs?

A little impatience is a good thing; it gets things done.  When it becomes the order of the day then you run the risk of losing the long term perspective which has what has kept this franchise competitive since Bill Belichick has been calling the shots.

Is there a problem with expecting this team to be competitive every year?  Of course not; it's what ownership expects and BB insists upon.  Expecting the team to win the Super Bowl every year however is unrealistic, with all due respect.  Such an expectation ignores the fact (and, yes it is a fact) that there are some other good football minds in this league who have the very same goal
    and are prepared to do whatever is necessary to win even if it means mortgaging their own future which the is exactly what the Patriots do not do.

My 2 cents.

Sections
Shortcuts