Really, we need to look to next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickalan. Show dickalan's posts

Bill needs some time to try to build the Patriots back to championship calibre.
    They are painful to watch this year with all the success he's had, and this year with a questionable Brady, and a weak defense.

If they make the playoffs an early exit will be merciful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

Re: Really, we need to look to next year

I think it IS time to admit the Patriots just aren't that good a team this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

I think the team is not very good and Bill is also not very good anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

pretty much

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

BB built this team, what make's you think he will do better next year?  We have been trending down for 5 years now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

what do you expect when the owner is having everybody saying, "it's a good business move" for the team trading good players and picking up worthless junk to save money rather then get good quality players. Hell, they haven't really had to break the bank for players, they were dumping players for lousy bonus roster money...if ownership is not the cheapest i dunno what is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

In Response to Re: Really, we need to look to next year:
    BB built this team, what make's you think he will do better next year?  We have been trending down for 5 years now.
    Posted by K-max

Except this Defense is young and is meant for teh future: Seymour trade?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from capa94. Show capa94's posts

Last week blew whatever confindence I had with this team to make a serious run, but after this game it's over.  This team has so many flaws.  It's so frusterating that the offense just cannot score in the second half or put teams away and the defense can't stop a late 4th quarter drive.  This used to be the strength of this team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Ya'll need to realized that this year is "next year" in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Really, we need to look to next year : Except this Defense is young and is meant for teh future: Seymour trade?
    Posted by nepatsfan523

Seymour has 4 sacks in Oakland, the Pats robbed the Raiders blind for what will be a top 10 pick in 2011.  That pick could possibly deliver an all pro type player or could be parlayed into multiple picks, so that in the future the team won't have to undergo this painful youth movement on defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Posted by K-max

You didn't think Rodney, Bruschi, and Vrabel were going to play forever, did you?

Have you SEEN Vrabel lately?

Did you watch Bruschi the past couple years?

It was clear they were too old and slow to keep up with the fast-paced nature of a league that has become dominated by passing offenses and speed.

For better or for worse, this is their "rebuilding" year.

If they could make the playoffs and find their way into the tournament, all the merrier.  That might just give them the confidence and motivation to play beyond expectations.

I think we just expected too much from a team not yet experienced enough to get it done in the clutch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

They have no swagger! They probably shouldn't either! Cant stop Chad Henne!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Really, we need to look to next year:
    Posted by dickalan

This is what we said last year.  Notice the trend?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bclements73. Show bclements73's posts

it's time for bill B to get his act together, too many 4th and whatevers. that call today inside the dolphins ten cost them them game, bill's ego is too big.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bclements73. Show bclements73's posts

is it time to get rid of bill, so many questionable calls this year at such important moments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

We need Josh ........................has emotion, enthusiasm, an offensive master...........Oh wait we already lost him....What the F%&$...anybody!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: Really, we need to look to next year : You didn't think Rodney, Bruschi, and Vrabel were going to play forever, did you? Have you SEEN Vrabel lately? Did you watch Bruschi the past couple years? It was clear they were too old and slow to keep up with the fast-paced nature of a league that has become dominated by passing offenses and speed. For better or for worse, this is their "rebuilding" year. If they could make the playoffs and find their way into the tournament, all the merrier.  That might just give them the confidence and motivation to play beyond expectations. I think we just expected too much from a team not yet experienced enough to get it done in the clutch.
    Posted by NickC1188

It would be nice if he was rebuilding his coaching staff and actually had some young Talent.  Mayo has fallen off the Earth, Wilhite should be cut tonight, Butler?, Guyton-joke.  This D is horrible as currently constructed.

Any questions please review the tapes of the Indy, N.O and this game.  Thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from khiro822. Show khiro822's posts

is it time to get rid of bill, so many questionable calls this year at such important moments.
    Posted by bclements73

Yeah, you're right.  We should pettition the Krafts to sell the team back to Victor Kiam, fire BB, and bring back Raymond Berry, Rod Rust, Dick Macpherson, Ron Meyer, Pete Carrol, or Ron Erhardt.  Remember those guys?  Remember how many playoff games they led us to?  Not many  .  .  . 

Count your blessings, people.  This is obviously a rebuilding year for our defense. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Re: Really, we need to look to next year : You didn't think Rodney, Bruschi, and Vrabel were going to play forever, did you? Have you SEEN Vrabel lately? Did you watch Bruschi the past couple years? It was clear they were too old and slow to keep up with the fast-paced nature of a league that has become dominated by passing offenses and speed. For better or for worse, this is their "rebuilding" year. If they could make the playoffs and find their way into the tournament, all the merrier.  That might just give them the confidence and motivation to play beyond expectations. I think we just expected too much from a team not yet experienced enough to get it done in the clutch.
    Posted by NickC1188

i completely agree. whenever i a team is rebuilding and at the same time is most likely going to win the divison, that juts lets you know how good the head coach and front office are. Even though i am dissapointed because my expectations were pretty high, im also excited for our future, plus anything can happen in the playoffs.

there is still reason to have hope.

especialy with 7 combined picks in the first 2 rounds coming up in the next couple years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Really, we need to look to next year : This is what we said last year.  Notice the trend?
    Posted by BTownExpress

Last year we were without the starting QB who won the league MVP the year before and took us to the superbowl for the entire season. We replaced him with a guy that never had a snap in college.

This year we've gotten rid of good, but older, players for a ton of younger players who will be much more developed next year to help form a more complete team.

There's quite a difference there...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

In Response to Really, we need to look to next year:
    Bill needs some time to try to build the Patriots back to championship calibre. They are painful to watch this year with all the success he's had, and this year with a questionable Brady, and a weak defense. If they make the playoffs an early exit will be merciful.
    Posted by dickalan

We were 1 play away from winning 3 out of our 5 losses.I'm not ready to bury our team this year just yet but we do need to find a way to close out a game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Really, we need to look to next year : i completely agree. whenever i a team is rebuilding and at the same time is most likely going to win the divison, that juts lets you know how good the head coach and front office are. Even though i am dissapointed because my expectations were pretty high, im also excited for our future, plus anything can happen in the playoffs. there is still reason to have hope. especialy with 7 combined picks in the first 2 rounds coming up in the next couple years.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

Yeah, this team is built for the future and we can still get a good 6-8 years out of Brady. He's not a scrambler, so as long as he's healthy he can have a long career.

I'm pretty excited about our chances in the years to come. This is going to be a good team for a long time. We should trade Matt Light though, because we struck gold on Vollmer.

I think the next draft and the draft after BB will build up our pass rush. With so many picks on defense in a short amount of time, it's going to be a defense to fear in the years to come. Especially in the cold and snowy New England.

Oh, and we are still leading our division despite the loss. The schedule isn't too tough from here on out either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

the defense has been porous for a couple of years now, and the biggest difference is Mr Clutch is slipping.  TB hasn't got it, and I'm missing Matt Cassel a bit.  Between Offense failure and Defense failure, we have win/loss failure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman55. Show newman55's posts

Pats gave it away. The reasons why.

Offense again stunk in the 4th quarter. No pass rush, Henne had all day and night back there. The secondary was ok for some of the game but still too many blown coverages. If Henne did'nt miss so many wide open guys this would have been over sooner. Offensive line could'nt stop 3 man rushes for the 2nd week in a row (I'm no expert, but 5 o-line guys versus 3 rushers?) Late in the 4th Bill runs a draw on 3rd and 6? Brady with a costly INT in the end zone. The Pats used to be a 4th quarter team, now were a team that can't finish and chokes late in games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman55. Show newman55's posts

Bilicheat went for it, instead of kicking a field goal inside of two minutes in the first half. The Patsies would have won by two instead of losing by one. SWEET! Bilicheat has an issue with kicking the ball, even when it's for POINTS! LOL What a moron! Bilicheat is a stubborn man. Classic! Hey Bill, GO FOR IT! LOL
    Posted by baddawg

The Pats arent very good right now, but how many morons have 3 rings?

Sections
Shortcuts