Reason for the Colts to throw the game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Reason for the Colts to throw the game.

Do you think they threw the game to keep the stealers out?

They got to see Miami fall and Baltimore fall, therefore they had the choice to give the wild card edge to the Jets by losing. Do you think a team would do this. With the chance that the Stealers could be healthy for the play-offs, would they fear them more than the jets?

Just an idea, would like any ideas why the colts would concede the win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

Re: Reason for the Colts to throw the game.

The Colts would only play the Steelers if the Squeelers beat the Pats or Bengals, which I think is unlikely.  With that in mind, I don't think they lost the game out of fear of the Squeelers, when they probably wouldn't play them anyhow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If the seedings hold through next week, why would the Colts care?  If the 3 & 4 seeds win, as most would expect, then the Colts play #4 - currently the Bengals, and therefore the 2 wildcard teams are a moot point.  By "letting" the Jets back into the playoff picture only makes it an easier win for either 3rd or 4th seed.  By keeping Baltimore and Pittsburgh in the mix makes for significanlty tougher games for the first round teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

But if they had a choice of who they could let into the playoff, do they manipulate the front runner by losing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't think any first place qualifier is fearing the Steelers right now, or the Ravens, Broncos or Jests-those teams are not contenders

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The reason?

They weren't playing well and could have lost - it is easier to have people believe you gave up for future considerations than to have to defend a loss by the starters to the Jets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

" The reason?

They weren't playing well and could have lost - it is easier to have people believe you gave up for future considerations than to have to defend a loss by the starters to the Jets.
    That rabbit's dynamite! "

I guess that could be but the Bengals look very beatable these last few weeks. Also if the playoff picture ends today the Pats get the Jets which could be a hard game if the pats revert to the simplistic offense attack.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Colts aren't thinking match-ups for other teams. They are only worried about being healthy for the playoffs. They didn't want to look silly if someone got hurt. That is why they don't usually go far in the playoffs - they are weak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The Colts screwed their fans. They had a real good chance to go 16-0 maybe more, but they quit. The worst part is that they quit at home. Being that they have a new stadium and the old one wasn't even paid off I think they owe their fans to try to win all 16 games. Laying down like that might as well be cheating, ask some of the wild card teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Or fear of the Pats?? Figuring Jets always play Pats tough, and have a chance of knocking Pats out???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

You guys could be right, but I just have a wierd feeling they are hopeing not to let the stealers get in and get healthy at the same time.  Polamalu healthy puts that defense on a whole othere level.  

But it could all be in my head and they just wanted to rest and be weak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Hey Goodell - You better put some rules in place for next year to put a better product on the field. Colts just screwed the league of advertisement dollars. Ratings would have been through the roof next week to witness another team go possibly 16-0. Now they may just tune in for the curiosity factor to see how a selfish team with a selfish front office reacts to the mounting pressure from cheated fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Horrible coaching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

scared of perfection.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Manning chokes in nearly all big games, even Polian knew he had no chance in hell at  being able to handle the pressure of an undeated season. He would have thrown a pick in the 4th q of the Super bowl anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

For the Colts: Too much stinking thinking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

CONSPIRACY! THEY LEFT IT TO THE PATS! jk, everyone.  i wonder what players on other teams will say now?  i would think it would put a big target on the colts' backs going into the playoffs - especially if the colts for some reason play against a wc team that wiggled in despite the jets' bogus win.  maybe csylvia is right, didn't watch the game but the jets seemed like they could match up pretty well.

Letting the jets into the playoffs to knock off the pats?  Give me a break - did you watch what happened the last time tub o' tears brought his team into gillette to play?

Sections
Shortcuts