Reasons for Optimism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Reasons for Optimism

1.  The defense was solid.

2.  The offense just needs time (Brady to shake off the rust, Welker to heal, Galloway to get on the same page, Edelman ... to get even better). 

3.  The Jets are peaking way too early.

4.  Our biggest concern is the offense.  Is there any doubt Tom & Co. won't pull it together?

5.  Our best football will be played after Thanksgiving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: Reasons for Optimism

In Response to Reasons for Optimism:
    [QUOTE]1.  The defense was solid. 2.  The offense just needs time (Brady to shake off the rust, Welker to heal, Galloway to get on the same page, Edelman ... to get even better).  3.  The Jets are peaking way too early. 4.  Our biggest concern is the offense.  Is there any doubt Tom & Co. won't pull it together? 5.  Our best football will be played after Thanksgiving.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Amen brother.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Reasons for Optimism:
    [QUOTE]1.  The defense was solid. 2.  The offense just needs time (Brady to shake off the rust, Welker to heal, Galloway to get on the same page, Edelman ... to get even better).  3.  The Jets are peaking way too early. 4.  Our biggest concern is the offense.  Is there any doubt Tom & Co. won't pull it together? 5.  Our best football will be played after Thanksgiving.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and the economy is improving, despite that fact that more and more people lose their job each and every day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I think welker being a late scratch hurt us Brady and Edelmen weren't in sync alot of drops and off target passes. I was worried about being so dominant in first half and have nothing to show for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Agree somewhat...the offense can't just flick the switch and run when it needs to. This team needs to find balance or it'll be blitzed into oblivion the rest of the year. No, not every team has the players to pull it off, but we can expect a steady diet of it until we solve it. Yes, I know Brady's career #s vs the blitz are off the charts, but look at the trend line, not the total body of work.

Edelman will indeed be an exciting player and once the defense gels it'll be decent, but the lack of a pass rush is certainly still an issue. Sanchez had way too much time. I'd do the Seymour deal all over again, but it'll be painful in the present for a bit.

The sky's not falling, but this team needs some work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeterSucksArod. Show JeterSucksArod's posts

agree on all points. long season. things will get better. bb will take charge!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not to mention the other assumed elite teams in the AFC have started slow.....

Pitt 1-1

SD  1-1

Tenn 0-2

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Reasons for Optimism:
    [QUOTE]Not to mention the other assumed elite teams in the AFC have started slow..... Pitt 1-1 SD  1-1 Tenn 0-2
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and Josh McDaniels (who everyone said wouldn't last the year) is 2-0.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

And Charlie Weis should be available any minute to save the offense!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

I said before the season started that this team would not be right untill week six, due to new faces on both sides of the ball, as well as bradys recovery. I stand by that.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

And there is no way in hell we get 3 delay of game penalties in one game again, let alone 2 in a row from Brady.

If they play flat again next week, heads will roll somewhere.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I thought the defense was very solid today.  They definitely wore down in the second half, but who can blame them, with the offense going 3 and out every possession-They had no time to rest.  The secondary is much improved, and when Mayo comes back, I think the defense will really hit its stride.

I'm not going to lie, I am a little bit concerned about the offense.  I definitely don't think they will be this out of sync all season.  However, how long will it take?  Brady certainly wasn't put in the greatest position to succeed today, with the blitz in his face, and Welker being out.  That being said, he is not stepping into all of his throws the way he normally does.  I hope that changes soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The offense is the problem. After a long offseason of defensive doubters
    they are giving up 16.5 pts a game, good enough for top five.

And they are scoring less than that.

Good for bottom in the league.

They need to figure that out, AND a power running game, or nothin is doing this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLPat. Show SLPat's posts

Every year is different.  This is not the '07 team.  Far from it.  That team peaked in week 10.  Is this what we want this year?  Brady hasn't played and the defense has been completely overhauled, while missing its best player.  The Pats played poorly yet were a play or two away (Edelman drop, AThomas drop of INT, Brady overthrow of Edelman for TD) from winning.  The first half of this season is going to be about Brady and the defense getting its legs under it.  The Jets had their September Super Bowl today.  Just like Kenny O'Brien did for so many years.  If one thing is a concern, it is that there is absolutely no commitment to running the ball.  I hate the back by committee system.  Give Taylor 20 carries.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

16.5 ppg on defense:

top five most years, top three on a lot of years

16 ppg on offense:

bottom five most years, bottom three some years

When Mayo gets back they will be even better. I think we know what needs fixing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UriahTee50. Show UriahTee50's posts

The pass D is better than last year... and the O will have to get in synch.  I think that the Pats will be OK by the middle of Oct...  So please do not jump...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Every year is different.  This is not the '07 team.  Far from it.  That team peaked in week 10.  Is this what we want this year?  Brady hasn't played and the defense has been completely overhauled, while missing its best player.  The Pats played poorly yet were a play or two away (Edelman drop, AThomas drop of INT, Brady overthrow of Edelman for TD) from winning.  The first half of this season is going to be about Brady and the defense getting its legs under it.  The Jets had their September Super Bowl today.  Just like Kenny O'Brien did for so many years.  If one thing is a concern, it is that there is absolutely no commitment to running the ball.  I hate the back by committee system.  Give Taylor 20 carries.   
    Posted by SLPat[/QUOTE]

If you give Taylor 20 carries he will be on crutches by week 10. Give him 15 and spread the rest out. But after two weeks of watching, he should be the 'feature' back here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Every year is different.  This is not the '07 team.  Far from it.  That team peaked in week 10.  Is this what we want this year?  Brady hasn't played and the defense has been completely overhauled, while missing its best player.  The Pats played poorly yet were a play or two away (Edelman drop, AThomas drop of INT, Brady overthrow of Edelman for TD) from winning.  The first half of this season is going to be about Brady and the defense getting its legs under it.  The Jets had their September Super Bowl today.  Just like Kenny O'Brien did for so many years.  If one thing is a concern, it is that there is absolutely no commitment to running the ball.  I hate the back by committee system.  Give Taylor 20 carries.   
    Posted by SLPat[/QUOTE]

I've been saying something similar about the Pats peaking mid 2007. BB and the Pats need to change offensive plays. We also need an OL who can block for run. Some of the stunt blocks looked really slow today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reasons for Optimism : If you give Taylor 20 carries he will be on crutches by week 10. Give him 15 and spread the rest out. But after two weeks of watching, he should be the 'feature' back here.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The Pats need Taylor to be at his best in Nov-Dec-Jan

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Reasons for Optimism : Yeah, and the economy is improving, despite that fact that more and more people lose their job each and every day!
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

BT... are you like Eeyor, the donkey in Winnie, the Pooh, in which everything looks bleak all the time?  You are such a downer!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Can someone ask BB what his F*ckin problem is with not giving BJGE a chance.  W T F already.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the defense was solid?sanchez looked to comfortable to me,thats why they scored enough to win..a non pass rush by the pats,or they just couldnt get by there o-line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If the want him at his best, they should keep him at about 11-12 carries per. Maybe less. Most RB's with 250+ carries fade quickly in the playoffs, so a 32 year old with that many might not make it there.

I am much more annoyed by the Oline, WR, and even Brady, although to a lesser degree. They are playing like losers. Too many penalties, too many dropped passes, too many wrong routes, and too many poor throws.

It looks bad right now, but I have faith they can get'er done.